Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 539/2
    Given: 348/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Well a little late

My second daughter, Elizabeth Grace was born on May 15th. A lot of my time is dedicated to work and taking care of the kids. I feel bad I don't have the time to devote to the forums and add more relevant content. I hope everyone understands, and I will eventually get some free time to come say hi to everyone!

LT
    Last edited by Lightly_Toasted; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:06 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down

I guess by the overwhelming congratulations I should step down as admin. I will get affairs in order. I am sorry, I feel I have failed everyone on this forum.

LT

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 7/0

Cool

Salutations Lightly_Toasted,

Quote Originally Posted by Lightly_Toasted View Post
    I am sorry, I feel I have failed everyone on this forum.
    Hummm... Although i can't begin to imagine what justifies that you should perceive such "reception" (or lack of it) so personally it's always been my opinion that the moderator status always takes its toll sooner or later, and i'm willing to bet that walking away before it hurts you too much is just going to feel as a bowl of freedom after the habit has passed. No staf members should be required to stay at their post more than a year or 2 anyway, IMO a system of mandatory rotations would help you feel NOT sorry when simple serenity is a valid option. Enjoy the moment, not to mention there's got to be some on-line channel somewhere for persons as yourself to gather and share their contributions with others who will welcome and appreciate them.

Personally i found a tiny spot to visit and maintain once in a while, you're the only one to check in so i think some of the feelings you seem to be experiencing might be familiar, like a sense of apparent indifference i gather. But the truth is few people arrive searching for exactly those subjects which animate us respectively, no matter the engagement's level of passion, etc. In a world of consumerism anyway. How come can't there be more than a handful cannabis consumers on planet earth who'd also happen to have some other interests in common? I wonder. The truth is after waves of true mercantile SPAMMERs we're now submerged by full-time "influencer$" posing as "newbies", advertising their merchandise the very same day of their account creation if allowed, 'cause these days they're all after instant gratification it seems.

Nothing the next morning sunny rays can't help to alleviate i hope. Especially if there was reason to rejoice collectively like an army...

Well. Go get a pet if possible!! Now that you've abandoned your moderator status there's some loving ball of furr waiting to be loved and return it back by the centuple - unless allergic!... How about sharing with family and friends, euh... Oh. I mean in normal circumstances; right no it's quite true the pandemic crisis got on everyone's nerves.

Actually there may be some of that too. That comforting seat shall still be there for you tomorrow, the habit will only resume as if nothing ever happened. Nobody will even protest if you take a day off.

But if you do stand down i'm sure that's because the path ahead is shinier with morning sunlight guiding your steps! So whatever direction you chose just walk with confidence and pride!

At least i hope home-gardening remained an option in your state/province...

Good day, have fun!!
    http://www.jango.com/profiles/44436821

Thumbs Up/Down

I was pretty much eluding to nobody visits the forums anymore. Participation is at its lowest ever, and I don't have an answer to turn it around. I feel I have failed ever member here.

LT

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 7/0

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Lightly_Toasted View Post
    I feel I have failed every member here.
    Well i fail to see why "every" member should feel betrayed or else. IMO it's just the medium which failed us all for some while now, the same as with "BBSes" which are long gone and forgotten, with most of the key seats with them. Too bad, anonymous individuality killed the sense of cooperation and communality i guess, so if there's guilt to assume maybe it must be collective, though i begin to wonder if the point of "Légaleezation" wasn't simply to disolve what was left of any apparent cohesion, that and a few other things...

Good day, have fun!!
    http://www.jango.com/profiles/44436821

Thumbs Up/Down

I just don't want everyone thinking I have abandoned TY. But at some point, the people that graciously host might pull the plug.

LT