Thread: One Wish

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 542/2
    Given: 358/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default One Wish

I wish everyone could stop in and say high to everyone. Btw this is my new years wish as well

LT

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Hi Lightly and the same to you. Tried replying to your DM but my Tapatalk version might be buggy or something cuz the process just froze.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 542/2
    Given: 358/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The forums are in need of many updates, but at the moment I have no access to the server to perform them.... Just waiting on the server admin @ANDREW to let me back in.... So until then, things may be buggy.

LT
    Last edited by Lightly_Toasted; 12-31-2020 at 06:19 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

It's cool, just as long as I stay lit!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 270/0
    Given: 68/1

Hi to all y'all; best wishes for happy and healthy 2021.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 7/0

Salutations,

M'well it's now official, 2020 has ended, but the war still goes on and we can reasonably fear for our collective future(s) all around the globe.

Consequently "happy new year" somehow sounds so odd, at least to me, but i suppose this ain't any worse than soliders celebrating during WW2... Except all camps presently share a same invisible enemy we actually allowed to propagate, e.g. in result of various individual derogations to basic public health "containment" recommendations: in retrospective inter-contentinental travel and tourism seem so extravagant today, for example!

Last time i heard (between 2 channel zappings), the avalanche of infections was accelerating rather than stay under control, while changing to a new calandar is only a symbol which no virus account for as these bio-hazard fragments don't even think, after all: it's been *US* all along, so the enemy is humanity's legacy of irrational behaviours, all more justifiable than the next. This reminds me just on Christmass day, in my French-speaking Québeker province, the "LCN" TV news network dispatched all day long some horizontally-scrolling text never pronounced by the speaker that i could clearly interpret as bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist provocation:

Google Translate: [ https:// translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&u=https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2020/12/25/les-consommateurs-de-pot-minimisent-les-risques ]​
    Pot consumers minimize risk

« National - Une bonne partie des amateurs de cannabis ne conçoivent pas que la consommation de marijuana puisse devenir un problème, laisse entendre une nouvelle étude... »​

It says a large part of cannabis fans cannot conceive that marijuana consumption might become a problem, as some new study allows to suspect...

Reading behind those editorialist words one may come to realize lots of vulnerable/unsuspecting citizens quite probably never even suspected any flaw requiring closer examination, not to mention zero hints were provided of any fair proportionality notion in a "mental health" statistics context - which to me is contaminated data besides being further vilified (by mis-guided 3rd-party interference, fueled by socio-toxic/predatory ideology put at the service of opportunistic politicians, etc!), euh...

Anyway it appears nearly 45 % of Canadians WHO DID USE CANNABIS ONCE still won't agree with such vague statement while i personally remember L.E.A.P.'s founder Jack Cole explaining the problematic ~2.2 % was consequently including all sorts of co-lateral/merged numbers in USA, like subjective opinions related to school discipline, etc. In other words always blame cannabis and call it "dope" or "marijuana" whenever possible, especially when adults/strangers in panick are involved in presence of a legally-vulnerable minor "offender" with no parents around. Etc., etc...

So, on this most peculiar CoViD-19 Christmass day *ALL* LCN viewers were collectively imposed the so-called "scientific" premise-and-conclusion (...) that marijuana intrinsically means trouble. End of debate, never mind about consumption tools + rituals, much less external bigot vilification factors - and i can think of quite a few!...

If i continue my reflexion somewhat further this could also sound like blaming 45 % of cannabis-curious Canadians for being immature/irresponsible to make it short. Of course the language is more subtle but its déjà vu across TVA around here but not only; it's supposed to be "legal" but for mass-media this is business as usual, worthy of the Victorian age though in the digital one.

Anyway my personal motives to create a member account on Treating Yourself was cannabis and related topics mostly. So if i must help complete the portfolio i'm afraid that's what my input shall be like. I could as well relate my experience of Hexo's pseudo-beer but it turns out nothing really happened with it at all, hence my choice of this bold December 25 sample (of pure bigotry), as i'm ready to bet that "scientific" article ain't actually been published on Christmass day to begin with, so where the Christmass "news"?... In other words it waited patiently on a pile of propagandist material for just such type of exceptional occasion to shame people over a legit habit preference, with everyone confined (watching TV).

While 2021 promises to be much the same, perhaps until USA reverses tendencies beyond their borders if lucky i guess.

In any case happy new year indeed.

Good day, have fun!!
    http://www.jango.com/profiles/44436821