Thread: Boned again

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Boned again

Anyone still think that JT's gummint is 'cannabis user' friendly? Not that armed forces personnel, putting their lives on the line for the benefit of us all, should make the politicians, who so willingly send them into harms' way, think that those personnel should be entitled to anything that eases their suffering, in return.

OTTAWA — Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr was briefed on concerns and questions about medical marijuana use in a presentation to earlier this year, including fears that paying for injured ex-soldiers” pot could actually hurt them.

But noticeably absent was discussion about the positive benefits of medical marijuana, including whether it has reduced veterans” reliance on opioids and other drugs.

Instead, in a separate briefing note, officials told Hehr that they had not been able to prove a link between the two.

The documents, obtained by The Canadian Press through the Access to Information Act, have reinforced concerns among some veterans that the government is about to restrict their access to cannabis.

The government is expected to unveil a new policy on medical marijuana for veterans in the coming weeks, after auditor general Michael Ferguson reported in May that Veterans Affairs paid more than $20 million for pot last year, up from $5 million a year earlier.

Ferguson said the department, which will pay for up to 10 grams of weed a day for each veteran, had lost control of the program, although some veterans” groups have pushed back, saying any reduction or change to the benefits will hurt injured ex-soldiers.

https://reportca.net/2016/09/veteran...cal-marijuana/
    And then there's the rest of us.....

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Who did the presentation? I would like to see/hear the briefing, seems someone has an agenda.

Peace
    N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Fortunately these mainstream papers are putting this out there and letting the public know how biased these discussions are. There's no mention of the reduced costs for opiates and other pharmaceuticals, and in the absence of *clinical studies* the real world results are out there for everyone to see.
    Veterans should form a growers co-op and supply themselves from, *Brothers in Arms to Brothers in Farms*.

Peace
    N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition