Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 2/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Question To Freeze or not to freeze that is my question.

Sometimes I wish I wouldn't allow others to influence me and then have me bypass my tried and true methods by questioning them. I will usually put beans in the freezer to allow them a freezing thermal cycle. I used to work in a commercial greenhouse, bulb plants needed this to bloom. We had a massive freezer we would load the flats in. I did the Pineapple Chunk in my normal method of putting in the freezer for a day or so. I had 100% germ off of those. I then germed 3 other strains from and got less than dismal results. One strain I had never cracked a single seed. The others well were below average. I am used to some of my own work that the seeds are jumping from their seed hulls in 12 hours. I use layers of paper towel inside of a seal-able container.I put it near a warm heat source and the PC tower does a bang up job for it.

I would like to hear from others of their experiences and habits.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/0
    Given: 20/0

Store seeds in the freezer, I learnt the hard way. Left my seeds in normal storage and forgot where they were when we moved. The moving company irradiated everything that was kept in storage, and than was that... dead genetics, some which we will never get again...
    The Mind needs the brain in order to work its will in the physical world, but the Mind is not the brain and the Will comes from somewhere even higher in the vehicles of your self.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 2/0

I can not wait till I can show this person the results. While I do not know what they would have or not done is unknown. I do know I will be following my gut for sure in the future and will be thermal cycled!