Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/0
    Given: 20/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Question So long since last grow, I forgot...

when do I harvest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the wait.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	60898

Name:	the wait close up.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	60899
    The Mind needs the brain in order to work its will in the physical world, but the Mind is not the brain and the Will comes from somewhere even higher in the vehicles of your self.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You've easily got a month left on those.

Personally, I like to let them go another two weeks past when they look "done*" because most of the resin work is done in the last few weeks. If you have a microscope you can check the trichome heads to see when they're bursting with white oil. Note that the trichomes and flowers will not necessarily ripen and peak at the same rate, the trichomes are what matters most though.

*Done in this case means that the calyxes have swelled as if the bud was seeded and the pistils have shriveled and receded into the flowers, also as if seeded. Note that touching the pistils can make them look riper than they really are as roughness will cause them to change color.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks, these are the girls in the green house. I have a hermie outdoors and it's at the green seeds stage. We have just hit 12/12 here, so yes a few more weeks I guess. Different growing at altitude as well, last grow was possibly 10 years back and that was on the coast.
    The Mind needs the brain in order to work its will in the physical world, but the Mind is not the brain and the Will comes from somewhere even higher in the vehicles of your self.

Thumbs Up/Down

and I still have my RadioShackk pocket microscope that I won in a comp on TY, way back in the day Pity the eyes are not as good as they were back then.

Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Oh, that's where I got mine, too. It's on my desk right now.

I've also upgraded to an LED equipped scope, although it takes AG10 watch batteries and the RS one uses AAAs which are larger but more readily available (as well as rechargeable).

I had a USB digital microscope (still do, actually) but I bought it when XP was the main operating system around. It upgraded itself to be more functional for Win 7, but when I moved to Win 10 it stopped being recognized.

Time to pick up a new one. I no longer need one for harvesting as I've learned to make out the trichs with the naked eye (even with my swiss-cheese vision), but a scope does make for some amazing pics.
    Last edited by Shadimar; 03-31-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Today's outlook is good! Hairs are starting to shrivel up and calyxes are swelling. 2x of the ladies are showing this trait and are also pushing out mores white hairs due to no males around the other 2x ladies are also well into flower and may need longer. The 1st 2 should be ready come month end (were still not full 12/12 outdoors here but it's getting closer. The 1x hermie, being used for seed stock is doing well and the seeds are starting to darken. Even this one is potent as we sampled a branch that broke off last weekend (food dehydrators are wonderful things )

I'll share some photo's later when I put them back into the green house.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 2/0

Hold out for the weight if at all possible. The plant puts on the most weight in the final week or two.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Undereducated View Post
    Hold out for the weight if at all possible. The plant puts on the most weight in the final week or two.
    I can wait

Thumbs Up/Down

Name:	sample.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	60906

a little sample from the tip of one of the side branches, now hanging in my office to dry and then cure

Thumbs Up/Down

If you have seeds for you next grow then don't bother with the hermie.

I mean, sure, if it's a choice between no seeds and self-pollinated offspring then by all means take the pollen with the bud. I've done exactly that with feminized seeds and light pollution and grew the resulting beans for years so that decision proved invaluable with only a small fraction of males appearing in the offspring.

But if your garden doesn't depend on these seeds maturing then I'd recommend ditching them due to risk of producing relatively high levels of hermaphrodites giving you perpetually seeded weed as you're effectively selecting for the hermie trait by growing out these unintended seeds.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

There is far to many herms in the gene-pool and must be eradicated IMO
    I have had the dastardly deeds of a rouge hermie that pisses pollen ever where and shuts down flower development for seed development 3/4ths of the way through flower.
    Last edited by Undereducated; 04-13-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Those lil tester tasters are so yummy when you have little on hand. If you have a computer monitor vent to rest it on it'll dry in no time.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Undereducated View Post
    If you have a computer monitor vent to rest it on it'll dry in no time.
    When I had a CRT as my monitor I'd clip flowers and leave them on the vent overnight. It's the best quick dry method I've used An HID magnetic ballast works with similar speed but dries out the bud to excess.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Dehydrator
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 84/0
    Given: 194/0

good to see you back again, hope all is well.
    stay hydrated too.

───────▄──█──▄────────
    ───────█─▐█▌─█────────
    ─────▀▄▐▌▐█▌▐▌▄▀──────
    ──────▀▄█▄█▄█▄▀───────
    ───────▄▄▀║▀▄▄────────
    ░░░░░░░░WE░ARE░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░╦░╦╗╔╗╦╔╗╦╗░░░░░░
    ░░░░░║░╠░║╦║║║║║░░░░░░
    ░░░░░╩╝╩╝╚╝╩╚╝╝╚░░░░░░

Thumbs Up/Down

and today is harvest day for 2 of the ladies, and found out what the seeds that I started were... https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-str...rid/lemon-bomb