Thread: Bud rot

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Bud rot

Today I took Tim's grow down and his wife scooped up all the dried bud on his screen and put it in sealers saying Tim wanted me to have it (4 ozs of Kush Berry). When I got home and got my shit together I dumped it in a pyrex and right away I got that musty smell. I've never had mold or rot issues so I had to spend an hour reading and looking at pics to get past the denial...bud rot. More reading and I get the impression I can still make Quiso with it. Yes? No? If Quiso will work does the same logic apply to coconut oil. I don't think water curing will help or will it. I also read tha adding H2020 to my water cure will kill it, not sure if I buy that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2992.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	60799 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2993.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	232.4 KB 
ID:	60800 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2993.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	232.4 KB 
ID:	60800 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2998.JPG 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	60801 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2999.JPG 
Size:	231.6 KB 
ID:	60802 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3000.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	60803

Help me out brothers, this would be a waste and Tim meant for it to go to use. If I can salvage something it will not leave my house, but it will free up some herb for others.
    Another duuhhhmm question. Is this dangerous in medibles. I can understand why you don't want this shit in your lungs but what does gastric acid do to it?

Peace
    N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sorry to hear that N. Check out Erowid, they have some good information on mouldy cannabis.

https://erowid.org/plants/cannabis/c...ritings3.shtml

From what i've read, my understanding is that it's not safe; bad to smoke and worse to eat. Risk increases with poor health and compromised immune systems. Definitely not medicine.

I remember a thread here, a few years back, Shad had posted some excellent information regarding the parts of mould that we see as well as the threads sent out that are hard to see.

Thumbs Up/Down

There ya go, decision made, compost. What a heart breaker, 4 ozs of Kush Berry. Thanks Dawg I was desperate to find a way to salvage it but the link puts an end to that foolishness. Thought I was in the black there for a minute but safety first.

Peace
    N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yeah, it kinda puts the fear of mould into you.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

It's the kind of thing where you tend to want to be over-sure and not waste valuable medicine, certainly.

The alcohol wash would kill the live mycelium, but any toxins produced would not necessarily wash out and even when I've used bud that appeared only lightly infected, the hash still retained the mustiness. From what I've read posted here by those with formal education in the area, we don't really have the ability to filter out the spores in our kitchens either.

These days I simply toss anything that's questionable as a punch in the lungs isn't worth it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aflatoxin
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

Nohib that's a shame. Will you destroy it properly using Hellth Canada kitty litter and water approved way? LOL
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3001.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	241.8 KB 
ID:	60804
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

More kitty litter and more water come on now let's be safe think of the children......
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Some people claim making bubble hash filters out the bad stuff, but I have my doubts.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down