Thread: Oh well

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Oh well

A good friend died recently and her funeral is on Friday.

My wife and i are not big on dress clothes, mostly jeans/cords and decent shirts. Ordered a nice cranberry colored polo shirt to go with new, pressed black jeans; it would compliment my wife's black slacks and mauve shirt; suitable for the service and i'll wear it afterwards. Opened the package today to launder it and found the loss-protection device the shipping clerk forgot to remove. We don't drive, it's why we ordered it online.

Oh well, i have other dark shirts; annoying though.

Ever notice, it's easier to be pissed off rather than grieve?

I'm going to miss Ginny, she was a nice lady with incredible courage. She fought metastatic cancer, years past her multiple forecast best-before-dates, with few if any complaints; grateful to be alive. A statistical outlier, even if placed in a group of outliers. It's hard to believe she's truly gone.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

My condolences, dog.

As to the shirt, if you take a look at google you'll find guides on how to remove the various tags with common household tools. I had a jacket that had a bulky plastic tag that released the pin when folded into a light crescent shape with two pairs of pliers - saved me around 100 miles of driving.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

It's a sad truth, we are now at the age where we are going to lose friends and loved ones. It causes us to more closely consider our mortality. Our thoughts are with you bro.

The upside is no one will steal your new shirt. The suit I wore to both my daughters and my sons weddings was bought at Value Village. Jacket, slacks, shirt and shoes, $59.00. Turns out the Dress jacket was an expensive brand and the shoes were like new.

Peace
    N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thanks guys; this one's for Ginny.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

condolences dawg & wife.... RIP Ginny