Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Some people's kids.....

Anyone seen this yet?

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...e-legalization

I sure as f**k hope that the Medicinal Cannabis Patient's Alliance of Canada is more security conscious when it comes to their members' information.

Groo; with the information in the article, how much more info could you find and how long did it take? What i found, with my limited 'puter skills, was scary and it took less than 5 minutes.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Rippers are gassing up there vehicles.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

Laurie has never tried to hide what she does on Facebook. She has always been a phone-book lookup away from being located. I've no doubt the article was written with her full consent.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I'm in the general locale of Ms. MacEachern; friends that grow further out in the rural areas tell me about the organised groups of rippers who target small growers every fall. To me, Ms. MacEachern's action seems foolhardy; akin to telling people you won a cash prize and keep it under your mattress. Even here in the 'burbs, i worry about local kids and while my neighbours know i grow, i don't tell anyone who doesn't border on my property. It almost seems that she's daring someone to try and rip her; i fail to see how such actions help our cause.

What do other growers here on the forum think?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Time to put up a trail cam and keep an eye on traffic. Do you have a back lane? Like you I have cool neighbors but I encourage my dogs to bark at everything.
    Watch the Citizen Dawg she'll probably be in the news soon. More fodder for the nay sayers. You would think some one in her position would realise how stupid it was to put that info out there for the public.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/0
    Given: 2/0

I lost one last year about this time, wasn't even ready, but it was fairly remote and I told nobody.

I see a lot in my travels. I can't resist sniffing them, but I don't touch or tell.

Thumbs Up/Down

Motion sensors and the dogs are loud. Multiple fences to jump to get in. A few years back, before i got serious about it, i lost 5 much smaller plants one night; we'd just had a deck replaced the week before.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

tell one person and its not a secret anymore

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 658/0
    Given: 667/1

I've lost a couple crops in the past and its usually before its ready making me think probably kids!! I now plant in a few spots just encase,never put all your eggs in one basket..
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Eagle View Post
    I've lost a couple crops in the past and its usually before its ready making me think probably kids!! I now plant in a few spots just encase,never put all your eggs in one basket..
    Just about every non-grower I've met (including younger me) is amazed by the sight of white pistils

They think they've stumbled on something magical because even if they've ever seen white pistils before, it's been in a photo showing off a plant and they may have even heard about White Strains (e.g. Widow, Rhino, etc) so it leaves a non-grower with the impression that this is a rare and desired trait. From there it's not hard to make the jump to "and naturally it must be better than anything I can buy around here". I also remember an issue of mid-90s High Times that strongly implied, if not outright stated, that pistil color was an indicator of quality which left me with a concept that had nothing to do with the shriveling of pistils as the plant approaches harvest time.

Add in the tendency to vastly overestimate what wet weight turns into and finding a little runt that just started flowering a few weeks ago looks like getting multiple ounces of bud straight out of a High Times centerfold.

↑ (Homer is wondering why the bush he stole from Flanders' backyard isn't working right)
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

I know a fella through a relative has not grown his own for over 10 years. All he does is rip off grows in the country and he brags about doing it. If he comes across a sub par grow he will leave a note telling them why he didn't take it. He lives in a rural setting and has all the toys at his disposal, 4 wheelers and dirt bikes, it's all "he needs to be a good grower" he says. I'm certain he read that article as he lives on many forums and may even be a friend of Laurie's on FB.

I usually see him around Labor Day weekend I will ask him how he is making out this year. My guess is he has already scoped out enough grows for his 2016 rip o rama.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down