Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Big Announcement Today

Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I've been told this is supposed to be good, real good Clark.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Thanks for the heads up GIP.

Peace
    N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs Up/Down

Can anyone believe this they are rolling back the MMAR and calling something new with regs coming out on Aug 24th and guess what, doctors are the gate keepers wtf? I thought we won in court earlier about this dr gate keeper crap wtf is going on with the ruling they have to make changes not go back?

O Canada get me outta here.

Statement from Health Canada concerning access to cannabis for medical purposes
    August 11, 2016
    Ottawa, ON
    Health Canada

OTTAWA - In response to the Federal Court of Canada’s decision in Allard v. Canada, Health Canada today announced the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). The ACMPR will replace the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR) as the regulations governing Canada's medical cannabis program, and will come into force on August 24, 2016.

Health Canada is confident that the ACMPR provides reasonable access to cannabis for medical purposes and addresses the issue identified by the Federal Court.

Under the ACMPR, Canadians who have been authorized by their health care practitioner to access cannabis for medical purposes will be able to produce a limited amount of cannabis for their own medical purposes, or designate someone to produce it for them. They will also continue to have the option of purchasing safe, quality-controlled cannabis from one of the 34 producers licensed by Health Canada.

Individuals wishing to produce a limited amount of cannabis for their own medical purposes, or to designate someone to produce it for them, will need to obtain authorization from their health care practitioner and register with Health Canada. Additional information on how to register and legally purchase starting materials will be available on Health Canada’s website on August 24.

Health Canada will work closely with provincial authorities, which regulate health care practitioners, to share data and information, such as the quantities of cannabis being authorized for medical purposes in their jurisdiction. Health Canada will also continue to support law enforcement representatives by providing a dedicated phone line that is accessible 24 hours a day and seven days a week to confirm, when necessary, that specific individuals are authorized to possess or produce a limited amount of cannabis for medical purposes.

The ACMPR will continue to be evaluated in an effort to ensure that individuals authorized to access cannabis for their own medical purposes have reasonable access. Health Canada is also committed to studying other models, including pharmacy distribution, to provide access to cannabis for medical purposes.

Canadians are reminded that access to cannabis for medical purposes is only permitted under the terms and conditions set out in these regulations. Storefronts selling marijuana, commonly known as “dispensaries” and “compassion clubs” are not authorized to sell cannabis for medical or any other purposes. These operations are illegally supplied, and provide products that are unregulated and may be unsafe. Illegal storefront distribution and sale of cannabis in Canada are subject to law enforcement action.

The ACMPR are designed to provide an immediate solution required to address the Court judgement. These regulatory changes should not be interpreted as being the longer-term plan for the regulation of access to cannabis for medical purposes, which is presently being determined as part of the Government’s commitment to legalize, strictly regulate and restrict access to marijuana.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_In_Pain View Post
    Can anyone believe this they are rolling back the MMAR and calling something new with regs coming out on Aug 24th and guess what, doctors are the gate keepers wtf? I thought we won in court earlier about this dr gate keeper crap wtf is going on with the ruling they have to make changes not go back?

O Canada get me outta here.

Statement from Health Canada concerning access to cannabis for medical purposes
    August 11, 2016
    Ottawa, ON
    Health Canada

OTTAWA - In response to the Federal Court of Canada’s decision in Allard v. Canada, Health Canada today announced the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). The ACMPR will replace the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR) as the regulations governing Canada's medical cannabis program, and will come into force on August 24, 2016.

Health Canada is confident that the ACMPR provides reasonable access to cannabis for medical purposes and addresses the issue identified by the Federal Court.

Under the ACMPR, Canadians who have been authorized by their health care practitioner to access cannabis for medical purposes will be able to produce a limited amount of cannabis for their own medical purposes, or designate someone to produce it for them. They will also continue to have the option of purchasing safe, quality-controlled cannabis from one of the 34 producers licensed by Health Canada.

Individuals wishing to produce a limited amount of cannabis for their own medical purposes, or to designate someone to produce it for them, will need to obtain authorization from their health care practitioner and register with Health Canada. Additional information on how to register and legally purchase starting materials will be available on Health Canada’s website on August 24.

Health Canada will work closely with provincial authorities, which regulate health care practitioners, to share data and information, such as the quantities of cannabis being authorized for medical purposes in their jurisdiction. Health Canada will also continue to support law enforcement representatives by providing a dedicated phone line that is accessible 24 hours a day and seven days a week to confirm, when necessary, that specific individuals are authorized to possess or produce a limited amount of cannabis for medical purposes.

The ACMPR will continue to be evaluated in an effort to ensure that individuals authorized to access cannabis for their own medical purposes have reasonable access. Health Canada is also committed to studying other models, including pharmacy distribution, to provide access to cannabis for medical purposes.

Canadians are reminded that access to cannabis for medical purposes is only permitted under the terms and conditions set out in these regulations. Storefronts selling marijuana, commonly known as “dispensaries” and “compassion clubs” are not authorized to sell cannabis for medical or any other purposes. These operations are illegally supplied, and provide products that are unregulated and may be unsafe. Illegal storefront distribution and sale of cannabis in Canada are subject to law enforcement action.

The ACMPR are designed to provide an immediate solution required to address the Court judgement. These regulatory changes should not be interpreted as being the longer-term plan for the regulation of access to cannabis for medical purposes, which is presently being determined as part of the Government’s commitment to legalize, strictly regulate and restrict access to marijuana.
    This part shows this is a band aid only and as soon as these fuks figure out how to cut everyone else out of the game they will change the rules again. WTF? If anyone registers with these fools for this new program they should have their heads checked.

Thumbs Up/Down

A question that begs asking is whether those of us who are already legal will have to re-apply or will we be grandfathered in.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

Anyone seen this story, part of a series, in the Ottawa Citizen?

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...nnabis-brownie

I particularly 'liked' this part, in which Don Briere outs his suppliers.
    At Weeds, which calls itself Canada’s largest marijuana dispensary chain, the dried bud and edibles are shipped from British Columbia, owner Don Briere says.

The marijuana is grown by patients who have licences to grow medical pot for themselves under an old Health Canada regulatory system, Briere says. The patients just grow a little extra. Or, apparently, a lot extra. Briere said he spent $10 million last year buying weed to supply his growing chain of dispensaries, including two in Ottawa. There are 28,000 people in Canada who are allowed to grow medical pot for themselves, according to Health Canada. However, the licences do not allow them to grow “extra” or sell to dispensaries.
    Now, i wonder what those suppliers would think of the statement? Of course that's IF there is any such network of large legal med growers with 10 million dollars worth of overage to sell. In my opinion, it's far more likely that Briere's product is sourced from large illegal growers. Gotta love Briere's timing as well.

Thumbs Up/Down

Sounds like some one looking for investors to me. It sickens and angers me that these people are speaking about cannabis in terms of millions of dollars per year. They speak about what a wonderful service they are providing for people who suffer (by the minute) with extreme pain for example. And the cow jumped over the moon...

These people are in it for the money and nothing else

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

A snitch, by any other name.......

Thumbs Up/Down

When you put lipstick on a pig, it's still just a pig.

Don Briere sits in the same category of scumbags as guys like Sam Mallace. The statement also loosely puts me (as a legal patient/grower) into the same group with the people "who grow a little extra". If anyone were to believe any part of that statement then I guess some or all 28,000 patients are growing 1 extra oz a month then it gets shipped to a central location where some other person gathers it all together with all the other 27,999 packages. Hey look one worker says as he looks at what John Smith just sent in, I believe that is PK, no the other guy says clearly that is Strawberry Cough LOL.

If Health Canada believed this to be true maybe that's why they are saying there is no consistency in store bought pot due to the fact there are 28,000 individual growers involved in this big scheme?

Just saw this notice from Tweed I will post it in another area? Apparently they will help people grow at home now? LOL Well sort of.

Thumbs Up/Down

Sad thing is Briere, Mallace, Come-cash-in clubs and/or their lawyers/representatives often get to sit at the table when they discuss regulations, while the real, small, licensed growers get ignored. Write or email your MPs,

http://www.parl.gc.ca/parliamentarians/en/members

Health Minister Philpott

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentaria...hilpott(88835)

and Justice Minister Wilson-Rayboult

https://www.canada.ca/en/government/...-raybould.html

and express YOUR opinion before it's too late.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by airedog View Post
    Sad thing is Briere, Mallace, Come-cash-in clubs and/or their lawyers/representatives often get to sit at the table when they discuss regulations, while the real, small, licensed growers get ignored. Write or email your MPs,

http://www.parl.gc.ca/parliamentarians/en/members

Health Minister Philpott

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentaria...hilpott(88835)

and Justice Minister Wilson-Rayboult

https://www.canada.ca/en/government/...-raybould.html

and express YOUR opinion before it's too late.
    You know my story is like many out there it's not special or different. I entered the MMAR thinking I'd be dead in a few years so at least my doors wouldn't get kicked in and our dawg shot dead. Shortly after I was meeting a few folks here and there and the more I met the sicker I felt about the whole thing and what some were doing, not helping people but helping put other sick peoples money in their pocket at an alarming rate. A good grower friend said at the time "this is a race to the bottom" and he was correct.

When it all became apparent our gov was stripping our licenses and doing what they were doing to the sick I decided to get the heck out of Dodge for good. I dropped off the radar moved a couple times and now I garden again quietly. The last thing I will do is sign up for this shit again and or participate in anything that involves it. There always have been folks like Sam or Don or Marc or ..... who are in it for themselves I can't be part of anything those folks are about on any level.

Like you said Airedog those folks always seem to get a seat at the table do you think that will ever change?

After yesterday's "Big Announcement" it became very clear to me our gov is only delaying this whole thing until they can fortify their stronghold on this cash cow.

The court cases have been driven by those folks that feed the likes of Don Briere and Sam Mallace business model of our growers vs their LP's 10 million dollars wow and the sick guy at home get's another kick in the nutsack. Tired of this shit I'm getting off the train at the next stop.

Thumbs Up/Down

I've donated to Conroy's court challenge and will continue to do so. If someone's sick i'll donate meds, if i have it to spare.

I definitely understand your viewpoint and agree with much of what you say. Sometimes I wish i hadn't gone legal, although Hydro One recently told me i use 5 times the power of any of my neighbours; and that's with only (4) 1Ks and ancillary gear. While not impossible, it's getting harder to stay under the radar unless you can clandestinely grow outdoors with ready access to water. Rippers are always a worry though.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by airedog View Post
    I've donated to Conroy's court challenge and will continue to do so. If someone's sick i'll donate meds, if i have it to spare.

I definitely understand your viewpoint and agree with much of what you say. Sometimes I wish i hadn't gone legal, although Hydro One recently told me i use 5 times the power of any of my neighbours; and that's with only (4) 1Ks and ancillary gear. While not impossible, it's getting harder to stay under the radar unless you can clandestinely grow outdoors with ready access to water. Rippers are always a worry though.
    I was going to mention that don't know how many folks got the news in their Hydro bill about the usage comparison? I just about fell over with our 100 number, out of 100 neighbors I'm the highest user. One can only imagine how long this will go on before someone over at the utility drops a dime on me.

Are we too call and say oh my how could it be that high? Perfect trap for them to say we'll send someone right over to make sure all your plugs are unplugged I don't think so. Funny thing we live in a community with many new vacant homes and I can only imagine how little energy they use with no lights on so, this is my sampling for "neighbors"? No wonder my usage is so high compared to those homes.

Anyone else get a high number? Anyone get 100?

Thumbs Up/Down

That's what big $$$ does, win by attrition. They just wait for us to get tired and drop out of the fight. Those that are true medical users seem to be posting less and less in the forums . I remember when you could sign in at 3 in the morning and find a friend. This effectively breaks us up and we no longer find strength in numbers.
    I'm willing to bet that there will be a whole new set of rules regarding how many plants we will be able to grow and neighborhood security etc. making it harder to meet the criteria. One of the reasons I decided to go with a small greenhouse was to increase per plant yield and remain a KISS grower. but I'll bet I have to build a costly six foot fence around it like swimming pool. Like you I'm getting tired of the whole thing but this old phatty farmer will carry on come hell-th Canada or high water.

Eventually utility companies will issue a credit that is determined by the number and age of people living in a residence and if you go over... beep, beep,beep, warning you have exceeded maximum levels of energy consumption please...lights out bro.

I remember the old man yelling "who left the hall light on, do you guys think I'm made of money?"

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

I see the "new" legislation as just being a combination of the old, without really addressing the issue of doctors being gate-keepers. The gate-keeping doctors have been my biggest issue for over 10 years, as I've yet to find a doctor willing to sign. I had one sign in the first couple of years of the original program, but HELLth Canada decided he wasn't the "right kind" of specialist and rejected my application.

This talk of how they're going to roll the medical users in with the recreational for the upcoming legalization regime does not bode well in my books. I can't think of any jurisdiction that didn't hang the medical users out to dry in order to turn tax-profits on the recreational.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

My doctor told me he didn't have to submit that specialist report he just had to send me which he did and then filled out the paperwork with the specialists medical number.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

This was back in the *old* days, when they actually had a form the specialist was supposed to fill out. Early 2000's.

(Yes, I've been looking for a signing doctor *that* *long*. )
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.