Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Job action by CUPW has been postponed for a day while negotiations continue...
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Some of the posts Facebook brings up from my history are a real reminder of just how far I've come in the past 3+ years since I quit doing coke. During that time, I've bought a bed, located a comfy chair, replaced my monitor, replaced my speakers, bought a digital camera, bought clothes, bought three keyboards, bought two mice, bought innumerable treats for myself, eaten many meals out, and have never gone short on groceries.

Life is *ever* so much better without that *shit* in it!

11.5 hours to pay day and shopping time for treats...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Quote Originally Posted by groo View Post
    Some of the posts Facebook brings up from my history are a real reminder of just how far I've come in the past 3+ years since I quit doing coke. During that time, I've bought a bed, located a comfy chair, replaced my monitor, replaced my speakers, bought a digital camera, bought clothes, bought three keyboards, bought two mice, bought innumerable treats for myself, eaten many meals out, and have never gone short on groceries.

Life is *ever* so much better without that *shit* in it!

11.5 hours to pay day and shopping time for treats...
    Escaping the demon may have allowed you more material items and a better diet but more important is the healing that for sure occurred. groo 2.0
    We got our CCPD on friday.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Ahhhhhhh. Money came in, treats ordered, phone bill payment issued, and a trip to 7-Eleven have been accomplished. There is nothing more I can do at this hour.

In the morning, I hit the bank, hit the SAID office to file some paperwork, then it is off to do some grocery shopping, and finally a swing by Taco Time to pick up some take out for Taco Tuesday.

Thumbs Up/Down

May the force be with you.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

I hope this means they are making progress: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada...-ban-1.3740747

On a personal note, that means my package should make it out of BC before the overtime action takes place there.

Thumbs Up/Down

No overtime doesn't necessarily have to affect your package, worse case it might slow it down. HHhaauuuuuummm patience grasshopper.

Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Don't you *love* pay day? Not even noon and I'm down to $8.90 in the pocket.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs Up/Down

I give up on my sole supplier. Between them being hacked last month and them not processing my order in a timely fashion this month, coupled with them charging me an arm and a leg ($55 for 1 gram of BHO plus $20 shipping), I've decided enough is enough. I am tired of stressing out over where and how to come up with money and where to get cannabis products. I am just going to give it up until it is legally available some time next year, and spend my money elsewhere in the meantime.

So now I'll have an extra $75 in the pocket this month, the phone bill paid off in October, the Christmas money set aside in October, money saved for a Unicomp keyboard in December, a $200 grocery kitty with Mom in January, and be saving up $600 for an air conditioner and install kit by April. After that, I'll save for the computer speakers I want (another $650), and by the time I'm done saving for them, things should be legally available in these parts just in time for when I have money available to buy it.

I'd already said I consider myself a recreational user nowadays. Well, recreational is not "necessary", and my head has been pretty good of late (I've had one aura migraine in 4 months), so I'm just going to let go of worry, let go of stress, and relax my way into the future.

Now if only Brad "the fuckup" Wall doesn't throw up roadblocks to distribution in Saskatchewan once it is legally available in Canada.

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sorry I've been offline so long. A few days into September I received my new 4TB external hard drive, and it took 37 hours to copy the data from the old, failing 2TB to the new drive. Then a couple of hours of fiddling before my Linux box would boot properly with the new drive installed (it turned out that the mount point is /dev/sdb2 for the new drive; the old one was /dev/sdb1 and it never dawned on me that the partition numbers would change, so it took a while for my dumb ass to figure out the problem.)

Since then I've been dealing with a pinched nerve in my shoulder that has made it really painful to sit at the computer for more than a few seconds at a time. Yesterday was the first time I sat at the computer for a whole half hour at one stretch in over a week. The muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatories are doing their job, but slowly. Still, I now wake up with my arm merely tingling instead of throbbing painfully, so progress is being made.

I also have a nice package on the way that is due Wednesday. It turns out my supplier is *not* out of business after all; they've just been dealing with personal issues and slow to process orders. They sent me a package out of gratitude for me helping them with the hack attack at the beginning of August. I had only hoped for a couple of grams of bud, but they're being far more generous than that -- 16g of bud plus a vape pen plus materials for the vape pen and a gram of shatter. I've never tried shatter before -- I'm really looking forward to that most of all.

It also turns out I'll have the money for a gram of BHO for October, though I doubt I'll be *out* by then with the amount that is being sent to me. I just figure I better order while I have the cash, or I'll waste the money elsewhere on something like eJuice for the eCig. I just can't keep a dime in my pocket 'cause I rarely have a penny in there.

Especially since they discontinued the Canadian penny a few years ago.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

It's all over Groo is on "The Shatter". Been nice knowing you I'm sure you will be selling your worldly possessions now. LOL Enjoy.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down

20 hours to go...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

♫♪ 20-20-20-20 hours to go-oh-oh.

Groo wants to be sedated! ♪♫
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

*ROTFLMAO*

Bingo, Shad!

I managed an hour's nap so far tonight, but I think it is going to be a largely sleepless night -- I'm too excited. This is even better than pay day.

14 hours to go... fortunately Wednesdays aren't "flyer days", so the mail shouldn't be late. Flyer days it is often delayed by two hours or more.

Thumbs Up/Down

Incredibly generous gifts received.

Thank you VERY much! I'd have never dreamed of such generosity!

I had to test out the "Green Crack God" shatter before getting around to taking pictures. I've never had shatter before. The stuff is truly a one-hit wonder. One lungful, not one pipefull, and I am a very happy camper about to sit back with some tunes to enjoy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-09-14-Gifts.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	60829

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Fffffftt.. (cough)

Wait.. which one of us is me..

Is it you?

Yeah, I think it's you.

Almost had me worried for a second.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Nice package, enjoy...

Groo has gone to look for himself
    if he should return before he gets back
    Please keep him here until he returns.

Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down

Shatter turned out to be an interesting experience, but I'll not be buying the stuff myself -- BHO is a better deal and lasts longer. Shatter just *goes* at an obscene rate. Yeah, you get a buzz off every load, but it goes so *fast*! Where a gram of BHO will last me 2-3 days, I went through more than a gram of shatter in one day!

Still, it was a hoot. In more ways than one. No wonder they call this stuff "Hippie Crack" -- it even crackles and sizzles in the pipe like crack.

Thumbs Up/Down

Whoop! The only current bill I have left is my monthly borrowing from Mom (and that will stop by year end, as I've budgeted to save up a $200 kitty with her that I'll top off instead of borrowing each month.)

I have old debts that I'd pay if I won the lottery, but otherwise they're just dead bills. It would also be nice to pay back the debts that were cleared by my bankruptcy.

But I am now DEBT FREE as far as businesses and companies go.

Thumbs Up/Down

I have a long history with cannabis. I started toking hash and weed way back in University in the late '80s, toked *furiously* during my first stint in Ontario, and gave up the stuff in the early '90s because I was paranoid about getting busted while working south of the border.

It wasn't until 1999 that a friend told me about using cannabis for the migraines I was suffering from. (I started getting migraines in the mid-90s.) I've been a regular user since then.

However, let there be no mistake: I *enjoy* getting high. The fact that it works for migraines is great, but I do enjoy having a toke just for the *fun* of it, too.

Am I an addict? My psychologist from Regina thought so and made a note to that effect in my medical records, which is one of the big reasons I can't get any doctor to sign medical cannabis paperwork for me in this province.

However, although I do love getting high, I don't get all twitchy when I *don't* have a joint. I've never even *thought* about ripping someone off for a joint. I've never sold anything to pay for weed (though I have pawned stuff a couple times, which I always retrieved from the pawn shop on pay day rather than lose the stuff I'd pawned.)

So I don't consider myself a "cannabis addict."

However, if I *do* have it on hand, I am in there like a dirty shirt. I don't *reserve* it for medical use. I'd rather enjoy a few pain free days or weeks while I have cannabis on hand and just let life flow than worry about when I'm going to run out.

Maybe that is a hold-over from long-gone days where I could just buy whatever I wanted when I wanted it. The not caring about running out thing.

So you can call me a "stoner" and I don't mind -- I *am*. I just happen to be a stoner who gets medical benefit from his cannabis. I don't see a problem with that.

Thumbs Up/Down

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss-120611-marijuana-02.ss_full.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	60850
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47f0519c394b532d0a267405bf84b8bd.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	60849  
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

My new pipes should be here Friday or Tuesday (Monday is a holiday, as someone reminded me yesterday. I always forget about holidays.) A friend in Winnipeg works for a "head shop", so they sent me a couple of nice little metal pipes to replace my in-a-coma broken-and-patched pipe (which is about 15 years old.)

I know a lot of people insist you *have* to toke on glass, but I like my little metal pipes. You load them up, screw on the lid, and toss them in the pocket. No muss, no fuss. And just the right size for one dose.

Best of all, you never inhale a chunk of ash no matter how hard you suck thanks to the screens.

Thumbs Up/Down

Same metal pipe for longer than I can remember. Ain't nobody allowed to touch da pipe.

Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast