Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default My experiment paid off

This month I decided to gamble $50 on a gram of BHO instead of getting the 3g of kief for $45 that I already know works for my migraines. But this was the first time I could ever get *Kush* BHO from a known and reliable source that wouldn't be bullshitting me about it just to make a sale.

Well, it turns out that Kush based BHO works as well as Kush kief for migraines. Plus it has the added benefits of lasting longer, dollar for dollar, producing less odour (only one *puff* every hour instead of one *bowl*), and can get you high as hell when you're in the mood to cut loose instead of just medicating.

This was the first time in a few years that I've been as high as I wanted to be. I'm always nursing my stash, stretching it out because "it's medical."

Not this time. This time I enjoyed with gusto, and got right royally ripped, listened to tunes, surfed aimlessly, and ate too much. I did enjoy myself most thoroughly, and had I nursed that gram any longer, it would have been getting ridiculous -- as it is, I got 3.5 days out of that gram.

The funny thing is, I remember doing "BHO" at a buddy's place in Regina, and it never got me as high as this stuff did. Buddy's "BHO" was a lime green colour and kind of milky/cloudy; this stuff is pure reddish *oily* stuff, and reminds me a great deal of the better ISO extracts over the years, just more potent. But all the *flavour* was there, while buddy's stuff just got you high and made you cough.

So there are definitely different "grades" of BHO out there. Had I continued on with life never trying BHO again, I'd not have known what I was missing out on, 'cause I was rather disappointed with what buddy used to have so I had serious misgivings about ponying up $50 for a gram (plus shipping!)

I wish I could have gotten more; my next order will be larger, now that I know it works for me. Bye-bye, kief, hello BHO!
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I think it is rather unlikely that the postal contentions will be settled in less than two weeks, so I'm going to pick up an external hard drive that will be shipped via Purolator instead of getting more BHO this month. I really should get that drive off my "to be purchased" list before my current external drive blows a gasket and I lose my data. This new drive is purely for doing monthly rsync's of my existing drive, so that I have a reasonably current backup of it available at all times. I have *years* of data on that drive, and losing it would be very painful indeed!

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Life is ever-changing. My latest grocery trip pushed me over the edge -- I can't afford the external hard drive now (I'm short $5-10, and I'm not willing to take the money I need out of the phone bill, because that has been hanging over my head since January and I promised myself I'd pay it off this month.)

So come month end, I'll pick up two whole grams of the BHO and just hope against hope that I don't get hosed by Canada Post. I'll pick up the hard drive some other time. Still, that should be enough for a week of good times and pain-free living. That is going to be a rather nice break from the day-to-day. After next month, I plan on picking up THREE grams a month. (Greedy Groo! )

Thumbs Up/Down

*LMAO* Did I way I was buying BHO? Well, scrap that. It turns out I have no more coverage for diabetic test strips, so I have to start paying for those at around $75/month. Bye-bye budget. Bye-bye plans to buy 3g of BHO/month.

*insane cackle*

Life is so kind...

Thumbs Up/Down

If all else fails, rob Peter to pay Paul.

Less on the phone bill this month, more on the phone bill next month, 1 gram BHO this month, 2 grams next month instead of 3, and I don't end up having to go a month without.

When you are as stubborn as me, you can *always* find a way...

BTW, it is almost 4:20 CST, so toke if you've got it!

Thumbs Up/Down

Yay! The sale on the external hard drives ended so now I can't afford one, which means I have no choice but to spend my money on cannabinoids. Oh woe is me! Twist my rubber arm!

Thumbs Up/Down

The sale is back on. The drive was *off* sale for a whole three days. I can just barely afford it, so I'll pick it up this month and get my backups taken care of. It makes me really nervous to have nearly 4 years of data on one drive with no backup copy. I couldn't even *begin* to replace a lot of that data, as the places I downloaded it from are long gone...

Thumbs Up/Down

The sale is off again. I wish they'd either make up their minds at NCIX or that I had more money. Ah well. Cannabinoids it is. Tomorrow night, even. 03h30 my fingers will be flying on the keyboard.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Did you check out newegg?
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

NCIX takes Interac payments (a Canadian banking communications system), which is real easy for me. That is 99% of the reason they get repeat business from me -- NOT having to pay for money orders and wait umpteen days to send them to them. Only Canadian companies can process Interac, as the system isn't in the US.

Thumbs Up/Down

Newegg and NCIX have branches in both countries, I dig some digging and newegg.ca takes interac online payments. (LINK)

I haven't been aware of NCIX for long (recently encountered youtube PC/tech videos from them and associates) but I'm in the middle of assembling a new PC and pcpartpicker.com keeps showing me charts with newegg underselling NCIX so you may find it worth the time to check the link below and compare prices.

http://www.newegg.ca/Hard-Drives/Cat...ID-15?Tid=6671

Funny how it works out sometimes though, all my external hard drives came from WalMart.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Crap. My cannabis supply site is apparently out of business, hacked, or has a disgruntled employee intercepting their emails.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Quote Originally Posted by groo View Post
    Crap. My cannabis supply site is apparently out of business, hacked, or has a disgruntled employee intercepting their emails.
    Oh well "Round two"
    Time to expand your horizons and find a back up bro.
    Peace
    N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

A friend of mine works for them (she'd told me about them in the first place), so I got in touch with her, she let the site owner know, and they're busily changing all their passwords and locking down their site. I've already spent the money elsewhere for this month, but I've been providing them with screenshots of the hacked emails so they can go after the ex-employee.

Personally I'd change all the passwords and stuff whenever an employee who had access left the company, but hey, that's just me.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 102/0
    Given: 224/0

Direct Canada is much cheaper than ncix .. Regular price is usually far cheaper than s ncix sale price even.. Ncix will price match direct Canada no questions asked and visa versa .. And to be honest with you they are the exact same company .. Ncix just has retail stores.. Direct Canada has super pricing but no retail outlet ..they will even price match newegg .. So in reality sale prices mean nothing ..
    Its a known fact if you vaporize a mite his soul becomes yours ...

Thumbs Up/Down

Hello JaySun long time brother, glad ya dropped in.

Peace
    N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey nohib, thanks ... Yes it's been some time ... I been keeping busy with many things the past while .. Been doing a lot of travelling too ,, just got back from Winnipeg my 1st trip ever to MB 3days ago ...

i I hope all is well with you brother ..

im not sure if I ever mentioned that my brother is now cancer free .. Was a long fight but he survived .. Now he just needs to get healthy again from the chemo they did it really took a toll on him ..

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by JaySun View Post
    Hey nohib, thanks ... Yes it's been some time ... I been keeping busy with many things the past while .. Been doing a lot of travelling too ,, just got back from Winnipeg my 1st trip ever to MB 3days ago ...

i I hope all is well with you brother ..

im not sure if I ever mentioned that my brother is now cancer free .. Was a long fight but he survived .. Now he just needs to get healthy again from the chemo they did it really took a toll on him ..
    Absolutely great news about your brother. Great to hear you're keeping busy. Sorry groo I had to jump in while I had a chance to say hi to JaySun.

Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

I didn't mean to take ur thread off topic groo ... I always was bad at staying on topic..

sorry sir

Thumbs Up/Down

It isn't like this thread had a topic any more. I just keep posting to it rather than spawning new threads all over.

Great to hear about your brother, Jay, and good to see you.

Thumbs Up/Down

I'm not impressed with DirectCanada.com's selection *or* prices. Just finished checking them out. I'll hang on to the bookmark, but their selection of Seagate external hard drives is a joke -- and a bad one.

P.S. I did not order from budgirl.com, of course. But they spammed me, intercepted my payment to my usual website, and probably would have stolen the money if I didn't cancel the transfer before they could do so.

Thumbs Up/Down

On a completely unrelated topic in this wandering thread, I replaced my Debian 8 "Jessie" Linux installation with Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS. It took a lot longer than it should have, because the only way I could get the install to boot was to use the *default* installation that wipes your hard drive instead of being able to save my /home partition. No big deal -- I only keep project work on /home, and backed up my config files, .mozilla directory, and Evolution/email backups before I did the install.

Recovering my backed up data was pretty painless, and I'm now 100% back to a functional box. I only spent about 10 hours in total doing the install and recovery, including six installation attempts that took 15-20 minutes each.

Here's hoping Ubuntu doesn't roach my box with a bad update again. Not that it matters much -- I still have my USB stick of raw Debian if Ubuntu hoses me again. They've hosed me three times in the past, but realistically, Debian is the only OS I've ever used that *didn't* get roached by a bad system update/patch at least *once*.

Thumbs Up/Down

Small world, I just switched over from Windows 10 Home, to an unregistered install of.. er.. Windows 10 Home.

But it's on all new hardware

I'm expecting that eventually there will be something other than a note telling me how to activate windows that will motivate me to buy a key, but until then I'm simply not motivated to register it (which is why I'm expecting a hammer to eventually drop).

The only (moderate) disappointment was that I don't seem to be able to network external drives across the two PCs but I now have internet access in my basement and can share files between the two computers if I move them to the public folder first.

[Edit:] Woot! I simply had to set the drives as shared. Although I did notice that the basement PC only has 100Mb/s ethernet as well as a wifi port I never realized I had.

Since Groo posted his toast story, yesterday I installed a USB 3.0 card and neglected to turn off the PC first due to a video that was playing (D'oh!) . The motherboard got mad at me and started screaming even through several reboots and removing the card and so I had to reset the bios.

It seems to get similarly angry if I try to overclock the memory beyond its factory specified OC rating.

My first experience with watercooling though, and whoooooooo does it ever work. My CPU is quite literally at room temperature (which goes a long way toward explaining why I can't feel any heat coming from the radiator, the other is that browsing the net draws 12w)
    Last edited by Shadimar; 08-08-2016 at 10:06 AM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

I have a walkman...

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    I have a walkman...

N
    The cassette version or an MP3 player?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast