Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default I've decided to give up cannabis

I have decided to give up cannabis, even for my migraines. Over the past couple of years of diet changes, reducing my coffee consumption, avoiding pre-processed foods, and going on Divalproex, I've found my migraine frequency has reduced to less than one per week. I'm sure the stress reduction of going on disability instead of *having* to go to work on migraine days has helped, too.

Compared to the days when I used to suffer from migraines 3-4 days per week, living with excruciating pain, I find my life quite pleasant and tolerable nowadays.

Nowadays my migraines are also much less painful than they used to be. Plus it has been nearly two months since I last suffered from auras, even on stormy days that would have left me curled up in bed in the past.

Times change, and I really can't *afford* cannabis, even with the changes in my budget recently. I have other things I'd like to spend my money on, like the computer speakers I plan on buying.

So, in conclusion, yes, I am going to give up cannabis.

I am going to keep the bookmark for my primary med supplier, and I'm not going to start unfriending the people I know on Facebook, but I'm deleting all other cannabis-related bookmarks -- including TreatingYourself.org.

Thank you, everyone, for your support and assistance over the years. You have all been a God-send lifesaver in times of trouble and no meds when I needed them.

But I don't need them any more. I don't want to be a recreational user until it is *legal* to do so, and even then, cannabis is going to be a rare *treat* for me, rather than something I indulge in every month.

Before I had started using cannabis for my migraines, I had gone off all drugs and alcohol for nearly a decade. It is time to go back to the "tea totaller" lifestyle for me.

Peace upon you all. Thank you for being my friends.

Farewell.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

Best wishes for your your decision Groo. One day at a time.....

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

It's been a slice brother. Take care and best of luck. I find I've become more a medical user than recreational the last few years. Getting wasted seems far less important than feeling better.

Be well groo
    N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

Wait a minute this means no possibility of Groo 8? We can't lose you to the dark side like this nooooooooooo.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 658/0
    Given: 667/1

Its not april fools yet? I suffer from migraines as well and cannabis helps me so much! I hate to see you go groo you've bin active on the forums for so long now! I hope you don't delete TY and that way you can come back and say hi from time to time!
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

glad your feeling a lot better grooster... aint no reason you cant kibitz wif us still bro.... happy travels brother

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 234/0
    Given: 152/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Who says you have to leave and not post anymore ?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I missed this place, so I re-bookmarked it. Or rather, I missed seeing all of you.

Just because I'm curtailing my cannabis *use* doesn't mean I'm not *interested* in it any more, I've found.

Feckin' drama queen, eh?

P.S. I'm still curtailing my cannabis use to recreational levels. I went this whole migraine day with only one Ibuprofen, and did just fine. "Recreational levels" means "what I can afford" as opposed to "making sacrifices to get it." i.e. Because I want it, not because I *need* it.
    Last edited by groo; 07-01-2016 at 11:37 PM.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.