Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

For some strange reason, it keeps yelling "De-fe-cate! De-fe-cate!"
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

One last step to the move: receiving the damage deposit refund. I'll be watching the mail until it comes in.

I'm planning to spend it on a toaster oven ($40 tax-in on sale), a pair of runners ($130 in budget), and $20 towards the rent (I held back $20 from my initial payment, otherwise the rental supplement that is due on Friday would cover it.) Amazing how quickly one can budget to spend $190. That is half my food budget for a month, but on the bright side I'll be taking care of a couple of the planned purchases that were scheduled over the next couple of months before I remembered I had a damage deposit refund coming to me.

Spending the damage deposit means I can buy my portable hard drive in July instead of August or September, which will take care of the last of my planned purchases for a while. The next purchases are "big ticket" items costing $500-700 each (a recliner, a portable air conditioner, and a pair of Kanto Yumi speakers for the computer), so it will take a while to save up for them.

Oh yeah, and the October GST goes on Christmas gifts along with a $40 topper from my personal budget to bring it up to $200 this year. The past few years I'd only given my nieces and nephews $20 each, but realistically you can't buy anything *nice* for that any more. So I'm doubling up the gifts this year, seeing as I can now afford it.

I also have money in the budgets to buy some meds for the next few months; I'm only planning on saving "extra" money for my big-ticket purchases so I can buy meds. One must have priorities, eh?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

groo theres always like new toasters ovens at garage sales for $5 :P

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

$25 off on a $65 toaster oven was too good a deal to pass up.

I don't like buying appliances and such used -- the owner never tells you the truth about why they're selling it.

I've decided not to buy a used recliner for the same reason. I'll wait for "The Brick" to have the one I want on sale again after I've saved up the money for it. I don't want to take a chance on getting used furniture that could have bed bugs. I've had quite enough of bed bugs for a lifetime.

No damage deposit refund yet. All that was in the mail was a flier and the final power bill for the old place.

Last night I unpacked the remaining three partial boxes and threw out the boxes. I am now unpacked and moved in.

I do have stuff to go through in the store room, but not for another couple of months. Those boxes are wrapped with plastic bags and sealed with tape in case they had bed bugs in them. They've been sealed for six months, but I want to give them a couple more months before I open them and go through them, because bedbugs can survive without feeding for six months. Better to be patient than to end up infested again.

I crunched the budgets again, and by June of next year I should have all my "big ticket" items purchased. It is going to take some minor sacrifice on my part, but better to sacrifice than to go into debt or put things off longer than I absolutely *have* to.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

don't ya just love it when a plan comes together?

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Don't I, though! I'd mentioned to Mom and Dad that I broke my old office chair, and had been talking about what I wanted in a chair, and Dad found one for me for free that someone was giving away in town. It is rather old and worn, but it fits and it is sturdy steel construction from 15-20 years ago, so I won't break it. Awesome!

That means that I'll definitely have the money for the AC unit saved up before May next year. I should have the money for the speakers in around November-December, just in time to catch the year-end sales at NCIX. (At least I'm hoping they put these speakers on sale. I like sales. I don't mind paying full price if I have to, but I do love to save money. I never seem to have enough of that stuff to go around. )

Thumbs Up/Down

Friday the old property manager lent me the damage deposit money from his own account while we wait for his company to get off their arses and do what they are required to do by law. So my rent and stuff is as paid up as it is going to get before month end.

I had some unplanned expenses, so I still owe $25 on the rent for June. Specifically, my coffee pot and my kettle both decided to die on me and had to be replaced. That was $50 between the two that wasn't in my budget, but I couldn't live without a coffee maker! *shudder*

It is so *quiet* here lately. You can hear the digital crickets chirping....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12