Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    So what are you waiting for?
    Why, I'm waiting for my garden to ripen, that's what, silly.

Yesterday morning they had this lovely spiced fruit smell that just screams Cinderella

Sticky fingers
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

You're running cindy or c99 Shad?
    I had to bring the PAK down today which is OK they were ready, Critical+ tomorrow. Got the grand kids coming for a week so I have to do it now.

I told my wife she could pic the 3 plants from each strain she wanted, funny to watch...THAT ONE, THAT ONE AND THAT ONE! Of course she decided based on size. So I asked "but Honey I thought you said size doesn't matter?" either way her hands are gonna end up sticky. lol
    She picked the PAK with the thickest, hardest colas. Tomorrow I want to see if she picks the three Critical+ that have the longest, hardest colas.

That leaves me with 2 PAK, 2 Critical+ and the 2 CE crosses to make my coconut oil, I'm good with that.

Peace
    N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I've got a tent of mostly "F3s" of Cinderella 99 "F2s" via Joey Weed circa 2009.

F2/3 in quotes as they're not really either of those. Rather, they're incrosses of a cube. but if I call them F3s everyone understands that I mean plants two generations away from the original Bros Grimm C99.

These are strongly carrying the spiced aspect that I associate with the top quality sativa-haze phenos
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Turns out we have the grand kids for a week so I had to start harvesting yesterday, PAK is on the rack and C+ comes down today. Both are ready anyway. Once I'm done I'll sort and post pics etc.

Peace
    N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Finished PAK and C+, first time Mamma trimmed and dried her own herb.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3043.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	240.5 KB 
ID:	60823 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3045.JPG 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	60824 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3048.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	60825 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3050.JPG 
Size:	237.1 KB 
ID:	60826 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3051.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	241.4 KB 
ID:	60827 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3054.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	60828
    Thanks Mark (Skunkmad) and Dinafem

My CE crosses did well even though they never saw a minute of HID light. I Put it into coconut oil which gives a nice manageable high that lasts about 4 hours. Perfect daytime meds.
    Thanks CE

Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 658/0
    Given: 667/1

The critical + sure has some red hairs, it reminds me of the super critical I grew last summer! Peace, pot and overgrow!
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Thumbs Up/Down

I see orange although you could get away with considering it on the lighter side of brick.

(If everyone else sees red then it must be my monitor)

Interesting how the pistils ripen differently though, I typically see orange with some "classic" strains carrying red but also see pinks, yellow with Herijuana, and once bought an 1/8th of bud with a strange fluorescent neon pink/purple that I've never seen before or since.

And then there are the purple strains so purple that macros of the trichomes even come out looking like Barney the dinosaur
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

I see rust.
    The Critical+ is a nice 50/50 I really like this strain if you just want to kick back and relax. Good bed timer. The PAK is a little too potent for me but perfect for Mamma, great for pain & sleep. I made coconut oil with the CE crosses and hit it bang on, perfect for my personal use, call me lucky. The problem is I didn't know which beans were which after I spilled them on the floor. So I'll be lucky to hit the blend again.
    I have a jar of pretty potent coconut oil (Kush Berry) in the fridge that Tim's wife made and Mammas going to make some Canna Caramels this weekend. I'm looking forward to trying that out.

Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

Canna Caramels I would love to get the recipe for those if you get a chance. thnx
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_In_Pain View Post
    Canna Caramels I would love to get the recipe for those if you get a chance. thnx
    Me too, please.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

Quote Originally Posted by airedog View Post
    Me too, please.
    I was going to share them.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

Caramels or recipe/s?

Thumbs Up/Down

And now for your chewing pleasure...

http://eatyourcannabis.com/cannabis-caramels/

I bought evaporated milk and she sent me back to the store "the note says sweetened condensed milk." apparently there's a difference, I guess it comes from a compressed cow.

Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Well, if it's sweetened with table sugar then the candies will stay softer longer as sucrose is hydroscopic which may be why the (unsweetened) evaporated milk wasn't right.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    Well, if it's sweetened with table sugar then the candies will stay softer longer as sucrose is hydroscopic which may be why the (unsweetened) evaporated milk wasn't right.
    I looked it up and the two are not interchangeable in recipes because of sugar content. The condensed is apparently syrupy (if that's a word) My only concern is taste which is why we're trying this. Lab Rat told me to make my coconut oil without using the water and there will be no bad taste. His end product is golden mine is still light green.

Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Caramel fail. We just finished trying to make canna caramels and it's cooling but...we used coconut oil rather than budder and it has a very high fat content. Still in the pan, hot, the oil won't mix with the other ingredients, it's just floating on top. Also I used the oil Tims wife made because it's very potent and the end product smelled like crap until we added the vanilla extract so we added a little more.
    I'm scared...
    Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Do you mean it won't mix in the sense of oil and water or was it something else?
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Do you mean it won't mix in the sense of oil and water or was it something else?

While it was on the stove and as it cooled about 1/3 of the coconut oil sat on top (just like when you cool budder) and would not mix in. I'm guessing the mixture was saturated. I had to poor it off. I scored it into 77 pieces but the caramel won't harden even in freezer, it's stuck to the pyrex so I'm bringing it back to room temp and putting it in a jar to be spooned out. I tried it and it's potent but impossible to work with, sticks to everything. If you handle it, it secrets oil (warm hands). I think I'll just use it like coconut oil, as a spread. In the end it works OK and is *just* palatable so not a loss.

Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Ah, I've never made caramels so I thought perhaps it was a problem that could be solved with an emulsifier.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

Ah, I've never made caramels so I thought perhaps it was a problem that could be solved with an emulsifier.
    Ah, an Emulsifier, eh? Like that explains anything to those of us who have no idea WTF you're talking about?
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

*Everything* commercial that has "soy bean oil" also has emulsifiers added. Everything. Maybe you need to. But skimming off the excess works, too.

I'd just keep that excess *separate* from most oil in the freezer for *priority* re-use.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

An emulsifier is a substance that allows fats and oils to successfully dissolve into water

However in this case I found no recipes that involved water (other than what is in the condensed milk) and so I suspect it's more of a mechanical issue than a chemical one - ie the amount of oil simply dominates the sugar and milk in a similar way that petroleum and aggregate won't produce solid concrete.

As examples where it works well, a bit of lecithin added to simmering meat helps melted fat flow into the water I add to remove the grease, and similarly helps kavalactones dissolve into water rather than relying on the oils' ability to enter suspension (similar to how beads of melted butter can form a cloud in water when highly agitated but then coagulate into a puddle again).
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Lab uses lecithin when making butter but doesn't use water in his process. He tells me not using water will help with color.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

You can also water cure the material before you make budder to help remove chlorophyll if you don't already do that.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You can also water cure the material before you make budder to help remove chlorophyll if you don't already do that.
    I water cure everything food related but Lab Rat says it shouldn't be necessary. His budder is almost yellow. The color isn't really an issue though, it's getting that last hint of canna-after-taste out. Even when you have very little taste left it still wrecks some recipes. The taste doesn't stay in your mouth long, a few sips of coffee seems to wash it out.
    I have 500 ml of coconut oil, 500 ml of caramel spread and about 250 ml coconut oil from Tims batch plus my jars are full so if I can keep Mamma under control I'll have time to experiment with the 5 NL in flower.

N
    Nohibition

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123