Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 217/1
    Given: 330/9

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Post Original Sensible's Pure Kush/Black Gum Grow Report

I am beginning a grow log on the strain called Pure Kush, a feminised strain from Original Sensible.

I have not grown a pure Indica strain before so, for me, this is quite exciting! It is a pure Hindu Kush strain which I have read is very strong so I hope this is the goods. The beans are tiny.

I will be using a run to waste system with a blend of coco coir, diatomite, worm castings, and a small amount of both perlite and clay balls.

I use filtered water through a Hexagon purifier.

I add a few cups of diatomecous earth in powder form to the worm castings as I have found that they can be a perfect home for fungus gnats right from the start. Diatomecous earth does no harm to the worms. Obviously can never remove all of the worms from one's castings, when fresh, and I wouldn't if I could as my medium is always full of worms still at the end. This was a huge surprise to me the first time as I used synthetic nutrients for the last few grows. Even last grow I wondered if the worms would be there but there they were after using H & G Cocos, even using shooting powder at the end at half of the recommended dosage.

The medium that I have been used to has been a blend of coco coir, worm castings, perlite, and clay balls so this time is much more of an organic soil and I intend to use an organic nutrient line as, to me, medicine is ultimately all about pure clean tasting smoke with a good, clean odour. Although I have been happy with the fruits of my labour I wish to better on this, I grow for me and my wife so even if we trade some yield for some flavour and potency this is good.

Last grow I filled my room with three strains, all fems. Sweet Kush, a strain by Original Sensible. This plant was a real winner size wise and smoked up as it sounds, it is really sweet. 65% Indica 35% Sativa, it grew very fast and is easy to train. So many crystals it rivals some White Widow as far as crystallisation and whiteness! White Widow by Seedsman was another I grew in a bucket pot which I made. I originally set up one tent but soon found myself adding an extension to the side of my tent and making another tent (an annex ) I grew Critical #47 by Positronics in my tent, I was not all that impressed with it, it looked good, stacked up a heap of bulk, tasted okay, but just doesn't have the boot. And for the odour it puts out it just was not worth the space it took up for myself compared to the Kush and the White Widow which I grew under CFL with T5 fluro's right next to it. The buds grew all the way up to the fluros, almost touching the globes without burning in flowering. The bulbs I used were the OSRAM brand in the warm white colour, 3000 K, from memory. They worked amazingly, that is why I am mentioning them. For no-namers they sure did a good job.

The yield sat at over two ounces of prime bud from the White Widow, the Sweet Kush plants yielded close to six ounces off of the three plants I had in my tent under a 600 watt HID light and a 150 watt LED UFO light with a 125 watt CFL throughout vegetative and focused above one plant during most of the budding period. Under the blue light the Sativa seemed to be more dominant in the colas, it could have just been the look as it stretched more then all of the others. I grew one Sweet Kush under 100 watts of LED and pulled near three ounces from that. The smoke did not have the same depth as the HID but I had to pull it early as it was not in my tent and it stunk really badly. So I guess the quality is expected to be different.

If anybody would like to read anymore about any of these grows here is a link to some photos I sent to them which they posted on FB, anonymously before everybody starts messaging me! Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.622216541142183.1073741889.252291811467993& type=3

I hope you enjoy them.

Anyway, Pure Kush. I have popped three beans in 100 ml's of purified water as per Med-Man's method and I have popped three into pots. The purifier that I have is a Hexagon unit which allows the Calcium deposits in the water to remain as this is of benefit to the human body and I assume good for plants also. If anyone has any information to further this I would appreciate it.

I have popped two of them into cup pots, one plastic, one peat, filled with a soil mix consisting of approximately 40% castings, 30% diatomite coarse grade 7-15mm, 20% coco coir and the rest is perlite and diatacemous earth. Using a product available down under called MycoGold, a beneficial bacteria/fungi I sprayed one seed and rolled it in the MycoGold as described in a seed innoculation thread. I planted that into a small pot (8 inch) with holes in bottom. For the other two seeds I put them in cup pots with the same mix but I watered the beneficials into it. I am interested to see the differences, although I realize that there are not enough for a true test run.

I will record the nutrient regime that I will be using as soon as I have fine tuned a few details.

Specifically, I am trying to source the best organic base nutrient. I already use soluble humic acid, kelp, volcanic ash in small amounts and an organic booster.

I will be using H & G root excelurator, I will also more then likely use H & G shooting powder at the end. (I am set on being as natural as possible, going full organic is still a consideration.)

I have put the big bucket with diatomecous earth and casting in the room and, as fungus gnats will, if any are present they will dive into the castings and die from the DE.

I will also be running Black Gum, another feminised strain of Original Sensible, a Black Domina/Bubblegum cross. I am also deciding on my third from the same breeder. I will either pop the Black Destoyer (BD x AK47) or Chronic Lights (Chronic x NL) I will post when I pop them in.

If anyone reads this and finds anything they think I could improve upon I welcome any advice as I do not claim to know all, there is always more to learn.
    Last edited by TradingBeanz; 10-27-2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: To make it look better!

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Default An Update, More Strains Growing!!!

Okay, so I decided that I needed more smoke, more strains! Realistically I have realised that my personal smoking requires more personal growing. Also I became quite upset after LST'ing one of my Black Gums resulted in snapping it in half!
    So, I decided I needed more. So here is my update! Photos will be coming in the next few days.
    By the way, Merry Christmas, Happy Honika, or Happy Hogwash, whichever you prefer! I wish everyone at TY a good holiday season and an awesome year for 2014.
    As the Black Gum was so small I pulled her (was a fem) and replaced her with another one, a different strain ,a Pure Kush which is just getting used to her new home!
    I moved her from a 9 litre bucket pot into the 28 litre pot so I will get more bud from her in the long run.
    I was so annoyed I popped another 7 beans in!
    5 Darkstar Regs by THSeeds and 2 Black Destroyers, fems. by Original Sensible. All of these are under an old style four foot 72 watt T5 fluorescent with two globes.
    1 of the Destroyers has shown it's little self. 3 of the Darkstars have popped up. Two of them have dropped their "shells", with nice little water leaves and decent sized "true" leaves. They certainly are exact in appearance. The shell on the third one is about to drop off.
    The Original Sensible seeds in the hybrid lines seem to have had seeds that seem to want to hang on to the seedling. It seems to me that when a
    completely new line of hybrid seeds comes out (especially the really big ones) they sometimes just hang on there for awhile. I never interfere, they will drop off when the time is right.
    Overwatering or misting is dangerous at this point! To keep the technical side of this in line with the way that I like to run a grow log this is an indoor soil grow using a combination of HID, CFL and LED lights as well as some T5 fluorescents for good measure so there will be some interesting comparisons to be made!

At the moment I am growing 3 Black Gum plants from Original Sensible, a Bubblegum strain crossed with Black Domina, 2 Pure Kush strains, a pure Hindu Kush Indica strain from Original Sensible, 1 Chronic Lights by Original Sensible.
    Yes, I love Original Sensible Seeds! I grew their Sweet Kush and it is an absolutely awesome strain. A huge yielder, the Critical #47 looked like
    a dwarf amidst three Sweet Kush plants! So after Original Sensible released many more strains I have been excited to find the real gems in their
    collections. I respect Original Sensible Seeds as a business. Their attention to detail is awesome. They are running many competitions on Facebook.
    Photo Of the Week and a 4:20 Daily GiveAway!
    https://www.facebook.com/Original.Sensible.SeedBank
    There is a link for anyone who is interested. If forum rules do not allow for this I implore the admin to remove!
    I am also growing Caramelo by Delicious Seeds as well as Chocolate Kush by 00 Seeds, as recommended by a trusted friend.
    I am running my grow in both soil, a super soil which I will quantify later on and a hydroponic medium with a mixture of coco coir, diatomite rocks in the 7-15 mm size, perlite, worm castings from my farm treated with DE powder to kill any fungus gnats, and some clay balls.
    For the hydroponics I am using a nutrient regime of Canna Coco, BlakMagik (a powdered additive) by Cronic nutrients, Root Excelerator by H & G,
    and Fulvic Acid by NTS. Weekly I use Pirhana powder by AN. Whilst I am in vegetative I use a booster at the 3-4 week mark called BOOST YIELD by Cronic nutrients.
    This is ph'd to 5.5, measured with a decent digital PH tester. I have found this tool to be a worthy investment, especially now that I need to do various PH levels now.
    I will roll out my flowering plan when we get there! Also I use applications of Humic acid, a soluble product, Blackstrap molasses, with triple filtered worm liquid from my worm farm. I do not PH this mixture, although this is a once in a fortnight application both in soil and hydro.
    For the soil grown plants I vary the nutrients that I use. I have used various "super soil" mixtures and will elaborate more later on.
    I use H & G Cocos which when the plant hits it's third set of true leaves with a combination of kelp, and other additives as well as Fulvic Acid/Humic Acid. Mostly just ph'd water ranging between 6.2 and 6.6.
    Anyway, as far as my soil grow goes I use good old water, whilst a seedling, ph'd to 6.5. I like to use the Med-Man germination method. Obviously other people use this but I did learn it from him. I leave my seeds in 100 ml's of water for 48 hours and so far using this method I have been achieving 100% germination.
    After planting the seeds I apply AN's Pirhana powder on the second day after planting.
    I will be posting photos very soon so stay tuned!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

The Black Gum snapped because it was bent too quickly for a plant with the Afghani influence.

If the stem was not hollow, gently rolling it between the thumb and index finger until it lies over would have succeeded
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Ahh, okay. I definitely noticed a difference in pliability to what I am normally used to.

The stems are not hollow although they are more brittle then the last plants stems and they had
    no Afghani influence. I was in a rush, also, and something as delicate as LST'ing should never be
    hurried!

I LST'd my 3 Black Gum's last night. (2 are in 28 litre pots, the other is in a 9 litre bucket pot)
    I also LST'd the Pure Kush plants (1 in a 28 litre pot and 1 in a pot that is about 15 litres.)
    I was, Oh so Gentle, this time. No rush, the only way to train plants, with extreme patience.

I pushed everything through a flush last night with a small amount of base nutes and some Fulvic
    Acid. Growth has been slower then I am used to as I am dialling in my regime with the different diatomite blends.
    All in all it is looking very good!

Happy to report that all 5 Darkstars by THSeeds have popped up.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Photos ...................................

Here is a tent photo. The tent shot shows the three Black Gums before I accidentally snapped the stem.
    The one in the back right hand corner now contains the Pure Kush that was in the bucket pot, front left.

The second photo is the side of my tent with a combo of CFL, fluro's and LED's. The plants in the small pots
    are Chronic Lights and Caramelo in a soil blend. In the square pot is a Pure Kush and in the bucket pot is another
    Black Gum. I will post photos of the Chocolate Kush seedlings later on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100262.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	57452   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100286.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	57453  

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Mmmmm Black gum sounds great I would love to grow that strain. I find that Afghani strains love to branch out when topped at the 4th or 5th node and scrogged. Helps with the heavy flowers near the 7th week of flowering. Good luck growin them, Subbed for this one. K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Default More Recent Photos.....................

Here are some photos taken last night.

The Black Gum's are looking great, I topped the one in the front of the photo.

The Pure Kush is growing slow.
    Does anyone have any advice for a pure Hindu Kush plant?

I am about to hook the reservoir up. All of my watering rings can be turned off
    in case different nute requirements are necessary. The Kush is growing very slowly,
    even the one on the side of the tent.

Name:	P1100669 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	57460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100670 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	57461  

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Default More Photos! Chronic Lights, Caramelo, Black Gum and Pure Kush

The bucket pot in the first photo has a Black Gum which I just topped and in the square pot is a Pure Kush.
    To me the Pure Kush seems to be growing slowly. I have just realised that my water purifier needs a new filter
    so using tap water will hopefully help fix any problems that this could have caused. The water from my Hexagon
    purifier has always shown improvement on our tap water but as it is slimy as well as a bit smelly it is time to switch!

I use Canna Coco which is designed for use with tap water so I am confident that the growth will increase (I hope!)

Any advice/input is welcomed!

In the photo with the small pots the plant in the back right is Chronic Lights (Chronic x NL) by Original Sensible.
    Front left is a Caramelo by Delicious Seeds. They are growing very well in soil, quite fast actually! The white powder
    is Purasil, a silicate product which I apply for the pest control and the benefits which Silica provides.

My Chocolate Kush seedlings are looking nice. I will post some photos when they are bigger!

So many strains! I am buying another tent very soon and another 600 watt HID set-up and som new fans so
    this should be an interesting grow. I am most excited!

Enjoy!

Name:	P1100662 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	57462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100666 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	57463  

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

It will be interesting to compare the Black Gums that have been topped to the one that has not been. Normally I am not a huge
    fan of topping plants. I manipulate the apical tip causing good side branching. With these Black Gums it has been obvious to me that it
    will be of benefit.

After reading K.I.M.'s post I decided to bite the bullet and go with my guts!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 658/0
    Given: 667/1

The chronic lights looks like it would be a very nice strain to grow!! Pulling up a seat
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Default A few days on................

Man, one of the Black Gum's smells quite strong already! It is also a bit bigger then the others. Noticably special. I will take some cuttings at the appropriate time
    and make some seeds. I have a decent stock of Colloidal Silver, 30ppm so making seeds from the Black Gum will be fairly easy.

I am hoping for one really nice male from the Darkstar plants. I would like to make some seed from them also as I have heard awesome things about this strain.

I hooked up all of my hydro pots so that they all drain off into the one bucket. I am hand watering everything on the side of the tent.

Last night I hit everything except the new seedlings with a mixture of kelp, soluble humic acid, a product called C-Lift which is an organic bio catalyst, and some
    blackstrap molasses. As it was a fairly heavy duty mixture I watered everything straight after.

The plants in the tent are in a diatomite mixture. They can take in quite a few feedings, for real. Just tied them down, put the ph. up to 5.8 as I was advised due to
    slow growth issues. They seem to be responding nicely.

I wrote this in two parts so at this point in time it is 3 days after beginning, so if this sounds odd that I have added the fungi again it's just the time delay, man!

Crazy Eagle. The Chronic Lights is a wonderful smoke. I gifted someone with some seeds and when they returned with some nice bud for me and the medicine really hit the spot.
    It is crazy sweet smelling, a sickly smell that I have not smelled before. It also has some Earthy, hashy undertones. I am sure with a longer cure it would taste even nicer. The Northern
    Light influence, to me is noticable, the Chronic, I do not know this strain until now. I am only just learning about strains. Strain names are fairly new to my vocabulary although
    I have been smoking for a long time!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by TradingBeanz View Post
    It will be interesting to compare the Black Gums that have been topped to the one that has not been. Normally I am not a huge
    fan of topping plants. I manipulate the apical tip causing good side branching. With these Black Gums it has been obvious to me that it
    will be of benefit.

After reading K.I.M.'s post I decided to bite the bullet and go with my guts!
    And you wont be disapointed, Im a huge fan of plain old toppin and using a net or somthing like it to increase my yeild. Lookin forward to seeing that BG in a few weeks.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Okay folks. Well it has been a long time between posts and obviously a lot of growth that has occurred since!

The weather here has been extreme. I have spent some time dialling in a good nutrient regime. Working with
    diatomite rocks is very different. For one watering is only acceptable every two or three days and nutrient amounts
    must be quite small. I usually use Coco. The DE rocks are very good, I will use them as top and filler next time. They do
    not move, they stay in place so you don't get that watered down effect when hand watering with DE rocks throughout
    your medium. I would recommend it. Some of my plants have 70% DE rocks. It was hard to dial in as the watering regime
    is much different as well as the ph needing to be raised from what I was originally advised.
    I have learned a lot in the trials so it is good!

The plants look promising. I have just flipped the lights over to 12/12 and the plants are looking great!

I have topped all three of the Black Gum plants. One of them I topped twice by accident. It is bushy as a result. I LST'd them all a lot.
    I am glad I topped the Black Gum's as they would have been one cola plants, otherwise, perhaps. I am thinking I should have LST'D one
    as much as possible. Then I think, Hmm, I tried that and it led to topping!!! LOL

The Pure Kush being a pure Hindu Kush I left alone as far as topping. One of the Pure Kush plants I LST'd a lot and it is the bushiest
    plant out of all five plants though, Go Figure!!! Harvest time will tell all. The Pure Kush that I did not touch is big, it has a thick stem
    already. I am excited to see the crown cola. I know it will be huge.
    They are not all in medium with such large proportions, only two out of five plants.

I switched it to 12/12 and left the MH light on for 3 days and now I have put the HPS in, a new one I bought last week.

Here is a photo of one of the Black Gum's. I topped her twice, the second time the accident. You can see the complex branching on the left.
    It has a lovely sweet smell, although not too knock you over, yet! It is early days. I have just begun adding some potash to my usual regime.

The Pure Kush at the back looks good, it is not smelly yet.

I don't know if the photos came out how I intended. I am sure you can tell. Ask me if you can't, please!

Name:	Pure Kush1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	58004   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black Gum Topped x 2 .jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	58003  
    Last edited by TradingBeanz; 02-03-2014 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Tried to fix photos!

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Wow I just checked and I won Fridays giveaway,thx for turning me on to original sensibles website!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 216/0
    Given: 417/0

Looking good!

NM
    Love the life you live
    Live the life you love
    -Bob Marley

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Good stuff CE. What did you win?

Thumbs Up/Down

Good stuff CE. What did you win?
    Im not to sure yet! just sent them a pm so ill find out soon. I think they give you some seeds,grinder card and a pen and sometimes a t-shirt.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

That's heaps cool, bro. Happy for you! It's a cool comp, for sure. If you take a photo of your goods after receiving you get more beans too, hey?

Whatever you get it will be good. I have to put up some more photos.
    Awesome!

Thumbs Up/Down

That's heaps cool, bro. Happy for you! It's a cool comp, for sure. If you take a photo of your goods after receiving you get more beans too, hey?

Whatever you get it will be good. I have to put up some more photos.
    Awesome!
    That would be kewl didn't know that! They emailed me today to ask if I wanted fems or autos so I took the autos but didn't say what strain..

Thumbs Up/Down

Thats great CE, Youve been lucky lately. A shredder from the hydro store, stuff from seed banks. Karma man, Your doin good stuff. Keep it up. K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    Thats great CE, Youve been lucky lately. A shredder from the hydro store, stuff from seed banks. Karma man, Your doin good stuff. Keep it up. K.I.M.
    Ya that's weird I usually never win anything but its a new year and all maybe the karmas coming back from all the ppl ive helped and gave seeds too

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Eagle View Post
    Ya that's weird I usually never win anything but its a new year and all maybe the karmas coming back from all the ppl ive helped and gave seeds too
    Im looking forwards to the NorthernBerry x Kush x northernlights and the texada Northern Lights x Kush x Northern Lights you sent me a couple months ago. Just need the space. Sorry for jacking your thread Beanz Needed to thank the man again. K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Chronic Lights

I have added a photo of my Chronic Lights plant (Original Sensible Strain). She is in soil.
    I have her in another tent under a 600 watt HID light on 18 hours still.
    Her established companions are three Darkstars by THSeeds (pictures coming), and a Chocolate Kush
    by 00 Seeds. I am also going to try growing some plants at 12/12 two weeks from seed.
    Cheese Candy by Delicious Seeds, Russian Black by Delicious Seeds, and another Chocolate Kush plant
    by 00 Seeds. (Photos coming)

I am about to switch to 12/12. Most of what is in this tent is in soil. I will grow three plants in coco and perlite.

I will use nutrients on the plants in soil and in coco and perlite.

Compost teas are a big part of my regime. I have tied the Chronic Lights down and pruned her this afternoon.

More to come...............

Name:	Chronic Lights.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	58019  

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Default 2 Darkstars - A bit sick looking!

Here are pictures of two Darkstars a strain from THSeeds. They have copped a nutrient feed with ph. that was right off as my
    meter went out. It is a really good meter, I will put it in the probe solution.

My digital ph meter is the HM-80. It is the best with a built in computer. It is reliable. I received it for Christmas.
    I have the probe solution and heaps of distilled water so it will be reliable I future, the fault being on my part.

I have three Darkstars, the third is very unhealthy due to a bad transplant. The two pictured have copped a bad
    run but they are on the mend.

The two have shown healthy new growth.
    I am in the process of making a compost tea which will consist of dry Sorghum Cane, barley, some fresh alfalfa,
    chopped p small, in a small proportion to the dry hay like material that I work the Sorghum cane down to. I am talking
    really tiny, tiny pieces. I break the dry barley seeds down also so the tea, whilst brewing, has a large surface area.
    I use fish emulsion, Charlie Carp, a pure Carp product, soluble Humic acid, blackstrap molasses, and worm castings
    after 24 hours of bubbling, straining the goodies for my outside compost! It is the 48 hour tea process, a variation of
    one of the Rev's recipes.

I will be switching to 12/12 regardless very soon so I wish for the best! I have trained them somewhat since photos were
    taken, bringing the apical tip down to make it bush out, my ultimate goal!

Here are pictures of two Darkstars. They have copped a nutrient feed with ph. that was right off as my
    meter went out. It is a really good meter, I will put it in the probe solution.

My digital ph meter is the HM-80. It is the best with a built in computer. It is reliable. I received it for Christmas.
    I have the probe solution and heaps of distilled water so it will be reliable I future, the fault being on my part.

I have three Darkstars, the third is very unhealthy due to a bad transplant. The two pictured have copped a bad
    run but they are on the mend.

The two have shown healthy new growth.
    I am in the process of making a compost tea which will consist of dry Sorghum Cane, barley, some fresh alfalfa,
    chopped p small, in a small proportion to the dry hay like material that I work the Sorghum cane down to. I am talking
    really tiny, tiny pieces. I break the dry barley seeds down also so the tea, whilst brewing, has a large surface area.
    I use fish emulsion, Charlie Carp, a pure Carp product, soluble Humic acid, blackstrap molasses, and worm castings
    after 24 hours of bubbling, straining the goodies for my outside compost! It is the 48 hour tea process, a variation of
    one of the Rev's recipes.

I will be switching to 12/12 regardless very soon so I wish for the best! I have trained them somewhat since photos were
    taken, bringing the apical tip down to make it bush out, my ultimate goal!

Name:	Darkstar (761x800) - Copy.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	464.6 KB 
ID:	58020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darkstar 1 (800x785) - Copy.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	494.7 KB 
ID:	58021  

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Default First Buds.........................

Just a quick update on the Black Gum/Pure Kush grow. The "hydro tent" is smelling awesome!
    It does not smell much outside of the tent, yet. As soon as I unzip the door though a massive
    Whoosh of pine and fruity/floral flavors comes out to greet me!

Next grow I will be selecting a mother and going from clones. This is how we always used to do
    it. I love growing from seed but clones definitely have their place.

The first small buds have appeared. I will put some photos up later on, it is night time for them
    at the moment.

I have begun using Big Bud by Advanced Nutrients.

In my second tent my Chronic Lights is looking awesome. The Darkstars have improved a little bit.
    Due to time constraints I have had to take my second tent into 12/12 earlier then I had planned so
    the Darkstar's will be quite small.

The Chronic Lights will be the only plant in my second tent that I will be able to max out. It will be
    worth it! The Chronic Lights is a very nice smoke and I know that mine will be better then my friend's
    Chronic as his plants are always bigger but not as nice to smoke as my own for some reason.
    (I have not seen his set up so I do not know why. I know he uses a nutrient that I ditched years
    ago.)

Next grow I will be running Purple Pain Killer by Med-Man and the Deep Purple Kush that I won from
    Provision as well as some Red Heri Fruit Bud from RCMC. I know that Winter will help bring out the
    purples and the Red Heri Fruit Bud has some nice colours too.

I was planning on going organic but that will come later! I am going to go back to doing a coco grow as
    this is what I am best at. After dialling in the DE rocks, learning many new things I have some know-how
    which I will apply to my coco grow!

My medicine is so important to me. After fearing for my crop with the DE rocks due to there being no information
    about this stuff anywhere I have had to get very handy, learning about the root zone ph. levels and EC.

Also, when growing in DE rocks one must use alot less nutes as the DE improves the nutrient uptake.

I am going to write a guide to growing in Diatomite rocks, as I cannot see that anyone else has.

More photos coming soon..............................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast