1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Some crosses by CE

I just put

3 DPK KNL x Sour 60
    3 NB x KNLx Texada
    3 G31 x Sour 60
    3 Super C x Sour 60
    in the paper towel.

Crosses that CE sent me. Last year was a bad year for me and growing so I waited till my head was back in the game.

The intent was to build a green house this year (still is) but I was hit with double pneumonia followed by a $700 truck repair and so the green house won't likely be up on time to grow this year. I started some Dina Fems for the green house, C+ and PAK but they'll probably end up in doors. The above are going to offset the numbers, some in outdoor planters and some indoors. Fugget it I'm after the numbers this year, wish me luck I usually need it.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 658/0
    Given: 667/1

good to hear! Im running a lot of them outdoors this season. I lost 60 plants to some kinda bug already this year so that set me back alittle. Im running 30 S-60 autos in one spot and 40 photos in another so its bin a busy year already. Lots of digging and filling holes and reservoirs and ill be using the quad to transport water this year so no more carrying it in!
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Well day 57 veg for these girls and although they're small they're happy. They've been under these old cfls from day one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ce day 53.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	60697 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ce d53.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	60698

Peace
    N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

I'm guessing if I ended up with any autos in this batch i would see it already?

Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

[QUOTE=nohibition;369210]I'm guessing if I ended up with any autos in this batch i would see it already?

Peace
    N[/QUOTE

At 60 days into veg you would be seeing plenty of flowers from autos IMHO.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

[QUOTE=Guy_In_Pain;369211]
    Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    I'm guessing if I ended up with any autos in this batch i would see it already?

Peace
    N[/QUOTE

At 60 days into veg you would be seeing plenty of flowers from autos IMHO.
    Thanks GIP, Had to ask, I have no experience with autos.

Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

No worries, I cracked some freebie seeds about 2 weeks ago. Within that group were 2 auto's I've never grown a single one in the past. Figured I give it a go and within 2 weeks they are already turning so into flower they go. It will be interesting how they turn out.

All I remember from the old days were those ak47 autos everyone was running. I have a problem not being able to clone something and paying for seeds all the time makes me crazy so these things really have no future for me other then to try them. It would be doubtful if I ever bought any.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down

Do they have to go 12/12?

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    Do they have to go 12/12?

N
    The ones I cracked they say 24/0. My veg is 18/6 but the light is not that powerful certainly not enough for flowers IMHO. I'm tossing them into 12/12 that is where I have some good light for flowers. Like I said earlier I'm trying them because they were free nothing I would spend money on at this point anyway.

Can't get my head around 1 seed = 1 plant lol currently 1 seed = 100's of plants so I have an issue with that first. I've seen some impressive growth from these auto's, maybe it's the convenience of popping 1 seed knowing it's going to flower out for you. I like regular seeds and spending time sexing and cloning when everything goes good of course. When it doesn't and you realize you just wasted 3 months time and she hermi's on you then reg seeds suck. LOL

Thumbs Up/Down

If im running autos inside I run them under 24 hr light but you can save money with 18/6..I planted some of the crossed I made last year which were the dpk-knl x s60 auto and g-31x s-60 auto and super critical x s-60 auto and i'm starting to see males sacks now. I planted at the end of may so that's pretty quick and better then showing in august.

Thumbs Up/Down

OK well there isn't any flowering going on so that's settled and at day 59 two are preflowered. The remaining 4 have a single spike so I'll take what I get.

Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Eagle View Post
    If im running autos inside I run them under 24 hr light but you can save money with 18/6..I planted some of the crossed I made last year which were the dpk-knl x s60 auto and g-31x s-60 auto and super critical x s-60 auto and i'm starting to see males sacks now. I planted at the end of may so that's pretty quick and better then showing in august.
    CE you made those auto crosses? I guess you know what you are talking about with auto's then. Since I'm running these freebies can I still flower them in 12/12? I've got nothing invested in them other then curiosity but, at the same time if I can give them their best chance I'd like to see their results.

Can they be cloned?

Thx.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Like you, I don't generally run autos but got some freebies.

Now, I've always read that autos perform best under 18/6 compared to either 12/12 or 24/0 but keep in mind my information is also a few years old.

Having the option of lower intensity veg light at 24/0 vs higher intensity 12/12 I ran my autos as if they were photos - vegged until they showed and then moved over to the flowering tent.

My yield wasn't impressive, but it was my first auto and I may have placed it in too small of a pot.

So in short, they'll flower under 12/12 along with the rest of your plants, but they can take more light and should probably be run 18/6 for best results.

Rather than attempting to clone autos, your best bet is to use regular m/f seeds and pollinate your first run as I'm not aware of any way to prevent them from flowering.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_In_Pain View Post
    CE you made those auto crosses? I guess you know what you are talking about with auto's then. Since I'm running these freebies can I still flower them in 12/12? I've got nothing invested in them other then curiosity but, at the same time if I can give them their best chance I'd like to see their results.

Can they be cloned?

Thx.
    I don't actually know to much about autos. I've only grown them a hand full of times. Ya a friend sent me the S-60 auto and I liked it so made a few crosses. The S-60 starts showing sex in 25-30 days. Like Shad said yes you can flower them under 12/12 but 18/6 is better. I don't think they can be cloned as I've never heard of anybody doing it.

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Because of all the stuff that was going on with my friend Tim my plans got screwed and these ladies wouldn't fit into the hotel 12/12 so I flowered them under my veg lights (12 x 23w CFLs) surprise surprise they did great considering. Imagine if they had been under an HPS. Nice job with the crosses CE. We've also sampled and the end product is very nice and helps with my OA and COPD. Too bad I dropped the beans and don't know which ones these are. Still a week or two to go.
    Thanks for the gift CE.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2895.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	60785 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2896.JPG 
Size:	241.5 KB 
ID:	60786 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2897.JPG 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	60787 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2898.JPG 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	60788 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2899.JPG 
Size:	239.5 KB 
ID:	60789 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2900.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	242.8 KB 
ID:	60790 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2901.JPG 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	60791

Peace
    N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

Oh, man, i can smell 'em from here; very nice!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

There sure are a lot of crystals for a CFL grow!

Fortunately *your* CFL is doing better than Saskatchewan's CFL. The Riders done been gettin' their butts kicked this year... *LOL*
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

Even though this is going to be good smoke It's going into coconut oil which I now swear by. I want to make it as often as possible so I can have several strains and experiment with potency. With water cured pot the taste is primarily a weak coconut flavor so that's an improvement and the increase in potency means there's less bulk to deal with. The last batch (my first) sold me on it. 1.25 oz to 2 cups coconut oil. If you use it as butter, a soda cracker is will hold enough for a GOOD BUZZ that lasts about 3-4 hrs before it starts to drop off. As well, because the taste is so much better you can keep in your mouth and allow some of the THC to be absorbed which shortens the wait time. 100% virgin cold pressed Coconut oil can be kept in the pantry or the fridge however if it's kept in the fridge it gets _ock hard. If it's in the pantry and the temp gets above 78* it will liquefy. I've done a pile of reading and even though there's date on the container the educated people say it's still good five years later. So your butter will keep for a long time. And of course you can cook with it. The liquid stuff is crap so don't buy it, it's a left over from processing that "may not" be very good for you.

Man this critical+ is nice...I could go on for hours, and it's just a sample, that being said...

A note on water curing. I read a lot and comprehend a little. Anyway I have never seen anyone point out what water curing really is and the obvious truth is, you're not curing your weed, your basically flushing it which means you wouldn't have to flush at the end of your grow...Now hang on Dawg, don't hit me. Even if you flush and then water cure after harvest you still get a stinky dark color water on the first wash or two which suggests it more effective than just flushing. When you water cure you extract all the water soluble elements by osmosis leaving less bulk and ugly weed and you still have to air dry, age/cure your weed, after all it comes out of the bath soaking wet. And it adds an additional 7 days to your time line.
    And there is downside, taste, smell, appearance all suffer. If you're making medibles why not? If you're a connoisseur...not!
    Personally I will always pre-flush before harvest either way because much of it will be smoked. In the end with both you get a very clean product.

OK I'm done...here.

Be well
    N

I highly recommend Dinafems Critical+ for that nice relaxed ZZZzzzzz Zzz
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

Whatever works for you, my friend.

I find that medibles either do nothing or they knock me on my arse for 4 hours. There doesn't seem to be a "middle ground" for me with medibles.

Inhaling, on the other hand, I can titrate the dose. I do a little, wait 10-15 minutes, and if it doesn't seem to be enough, I do a little more. But I avoid joints -- that is too big a dose to titrate. Half a pipe to a pipe is more manageable for me -- my pipe holds about 1/3 of a joint. And I *hate* butting out a joint -- it tastes so *raunchy* when you re-light it.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

Bang on grooster, that is exactly how I smoke weed, but after several lung infections and pneumonias I'm venturing into new places. I've been sick too much in the last two+ years. I used the oregano oil and now that my lungs are reasonably happy again I want to keep it that way. I still toke but sparingly.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

A vaporizer might be a bit kinder to your lungs.

When I switch to just vaping for a bit, I notice that my sense of smell and taste are both improved due to the lack of smoke.

I still find, however, that vaping does not bypass the lung expanding coughing fits and I'm never really 100% sure when it's cooked as it will continue to stream out vapor long after the bud has been browned and toasted
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    A vaporizer might be a bit kinder to your lungs.

When I switch to just vaping for a bit, I notice that my sense of smell and taste are both improved due to the lack of smoke.

I still find, however, that vaping does not bypass the lung expanding coughing fits and I'm never really 100% sure when it's cooked as it will continue to stream out vapor long after the bud has been browned and toasted
    Same here. I have a DaVinci and an old V-Tower and they sit idol...all that $$$ wasted. My pipe has worked well all these years and now with coconut oil I'm good to go.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

I'm glad you liked the crosses....I mixed mine up as well so I'm not sure which strain is which..lol..Next year i'm going to tag every plant. Mixing the auto in with the strains I'm noticing everything is flowering 2 weeks quicker then my other strains.