Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Afroman Remakes “Because I Got High” to Support Legalization

Nearly fifteen years after the release of “Because I Got High”- a song well known for poking fun at overzealous reefer madness rhetoric – Afroman is ready to jump headfirst back into the marijuana limelight. *Only this time, as an advocate for legalization.
    The grammy nominated artist recently teamed up with NORML and Weedmaps to launch a remake of his hit song, turning the hip hop classic into a positive legalization anthem for the 2014 elections. The remix is a new and entertaining way to drive the narrative surrounding the benefits of cannabis law reform, as well as the medical benefits of the plant itself. With election*day right around the corner, his latest project is geared towards keeping up the momentum for all the marijuana law reform efforts taking place across the country, and especially upcoming ballot initiatives.
    Click here to view the embedded video.
    On November 4th, two states and the District of Columbia will be voting to legalize marijuana, and Florida will be voting on a medical marijuana amendment.*The timing couldn’t have been better to take, and remake the canna-cult classic. The 2014 version of “Because I Got High” not only challenges old stereotypes, it also seeks to build support and enthusiasm for the three measures proposing to create a regulated pot market for adults, age 21 and over.
    Through digital engagement, this song pushes an important political message to a younger, social media savvy voting block, energizing the demographic known to be the among the biggest supporters of ending marijuana prohibition. From glaucoma to funding school construction, the song highlights many of the social, medical and economic benefits of legalization in a fun and informative way.
    “NORML is thrilled to have brought Weedmaps and Afroman together to create this*unique cultural collaboration merging art, entertainment, and activism into a single campaign that*highlights many of the positive benefits of cannabis, and raises awareness for for the legalization initiatives coming up in the 2014 November elections,” said NORML Director of Strategic Partnerships Sabrina Fendrick.
    Check out the video and share with all your like-minded friends. *Together, we can #SmokeTheVote!

Original Article

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 478/1

Let me just embed that video for you, newsbot

'Bout time, too. The original lyrics were rather..
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 694/1

very kool
    I like the new 1 beter

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 478/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

And probably a good business move as I've had the chorus stuck in my head since yesterday and I wasn't more than a typical passive listener of the song when it had it's 15 minutes, 15 years ago.

I'd like to have heard him pick something other than glaucoma to use in the song though, unless he actually did happen to have it himself, as it makes it sound like it was the only example he knew of otherwise.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.