Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round 5

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I just added a couple of CFL "soft white" (red spectrum) bulbs to the mix. The seedlings have stretched a fair bit today, so clearly they're not getting as much light as they want and are reaching for it. That's four daylight whites and two soft whites at 23W each now.

I can only lower my lights so far before the ventilation that gets drawn across the lights gets messed up -- they're as low as they can go right now, so I couldn't drop the lights to address the issue.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I know some LEDs that would certainly take care of the stretch issues if only you didn't mind spending the cash ($265USD)..

I just added a CFL to my veg tent to encourage a bit of internode length to my seedlings.

I think I'm going to try popping a few trays of beans in vermiculite rather than mix to see what kind of germ rates I get as a way to avoid the same larvae you've been experiencing altogether. In particular, there are a few strains such as Cinderella that I'd like to get going for another bean run but I'd hate to kill off half of my genetic stock in germination and so I've been holding off for a few months while I straighten out my germination issues and I think now that I'm going to give vermiculite a shot on my more expensive seeds.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Apparently putting the fan on the girls for the first time yesterday knocked over the White Widow. I'm going to have to figure out some way of propping her back up. Maybe a chunk of wire tie? I'll figure something out.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Bamboo skewers dollar store.

N

Sent from my LG-P705g using Tapatalk
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

a straw works wonders
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

cut a slit in the straw than around plant
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

round 5 eh groo, Somthings gotta give for ya soon. Ive grown plants with miracle grow nutes, Shultz nutes, Crappy tire stuff, Straight water from the lake and from the fish tank and have had success with all of them the best results from the advanced nutrients that Im using right now with lake water seems to be doin wonders. Just gotta give the plants the nutes at half strength every other watering then you shouldnt experience too many problems.
    If you need to get you plants up too the lights to stop stretchin place some books under the pots to lift em up.
    Been talkin alot to Bob (Epic Genetics) and growin some of his auto fem creations and he has been teachin me in the way of femm seed makin with Colloidal silver which he swears up and down that, That method is the best and most reliable way of makin femmed beans and now Im using that silver he gifted to me to reverse a green poison fast version femm from Sweet seeds that I have been making clones from to get a Bx of it for next years outdoor season as I need plants that will finish by mid sept up here.
    Hope all them elite strains work out for you groo. I got 1 blueberry, Sweet Skunk, and two Green Poisons flowering right now with 3 Epic Kush Automatics (OG Kush x C-99)from Epic Genetics That kicks some ass with frosty as hell flowers. Also that green poison is the best cloneable strain I have ever experienced everything I cut from it and just place in dirt start to explode with roots within 10 days and has never turned color on me while waiting to root, bloody amazing.
    I have also now vegging 4 Green P's, 3 Lemon Chunks - Shadimars strain, 3 White Urkels, 3 Purple Timewarps, 2 Texada Norhtern lights and 3 Texada Skunks. Yup finally got a veg area started up.
    Gonna keep an eye out on your garden groo hope you get em to finish. Good luck brother.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

I'm feeling pretty happy right now. Not only did they survive my absence while I was attending a funeral, they put out another set of real leaves while I was gone. Sure there are some that didn't but the ones that did look so nice and almost bushy for a week old now (2 nice big fans growing out and a third set just starting.) The smallest ones still only have one set of fans and are just starting their second.

But still, all of them grew visibly in the past 36 hours while I wasn't checking on them every few hours. I'm sure if I only checked them once a day I'd notice more changes than I do every few hours. But I'm a fretful "daddy". I gotta check on my girls and make sure they're doing ok. I mean, heaven forbid one of them should turn into a tattoed punk rocker.

(Just listening to Blondie's first album and planning to work through their catalogue this evening. Not that I'd mind if one of my girls turned into a green-skinned Debbie Harry. )

Thumbs Up/Down

Tomorrow is the end of veg week 1. They're maybe not growing as fast as they would in hydro, but I'm content with what I'm seeing. Especially from the white widow on the lower left -- that was the last to show, and look at her now -- she's caught up and *passed* all the other plants in only a week!

That rocklock sure is a slow grower, though. I still have the highest hopes for it medically, but I wish they'd put on some growth speed. Ah well. Patience, grasshopper. Patience. They've only shown about a week ago. The earliest growth is the slowest, because they're not producing enough nutrition to grow themselves. I know that.

But I am such an impatient barstage....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141016-VegWeek1Tomorrow.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	60560

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 692/1

they look happy
    lookin grate
    keep up the good work

Thumbs Up/Down

I have that same issue with not bein able to leave them alone too long. I probebly go and take a look at them for 10 min or so every 2 hrs myself till bedtime. Just cant help it but the carbon dioxide that there gettin is a good thing so thats my reasoning I keep tellin myself. The only downside is the chances of critters gettin in are increased by opening up the door all the time. So far nothing drastic I just cant help myself especially when the flowers start to show themselves..
    They all are lookin pretty happy after their first week groo, White widow is a stinker for real man so keep that in mind,. Every one I grew stunk somthin feirce.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Your soil looks pretty good but looks like its lackin perlite. Is there any in there? A cup in each pot would help the air and roots explode and help it from becoming all caked up later in life.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

The mix has *some* perlite, but not as much as I'd like to see. Seeing as I haven't seen perlite around here, I try to loosen up my medium by adding extra peat moss.

Thumbs Up/Down

vermiculite? Ive never tried adding that to my soil but read that lots use it for that fact. adds some organic trace nutrients also I do believe. will be tryin it in my mix soon enough.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

I'll just have to see what's in (if anything) on my next soil shopping trip. With any luck that will be later in the coming week, before they sell out of supplies completely for the winter. But things were getting pretty sparse at the beginning of the month, so I'm not sure I'll be able to find much. For all I know, they may even be out of potting soil by now.

Bloody idiots. They've got an entire *aisle* dedicated to grass seed where the indoor gardening supplies used to be located. WTF is someone supposed to do with grass seed *in the winter*?!?!?!?!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

I use plenty of grass seed during the winter, groo
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12