Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: grow tent

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You'd want a 2 foot fall for the water to impact itself in order to dissolve the most oxygen.

That's what the directions were talking about.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Don't go without aeration. The waterfall does help to aerate but for happy healthy girls you need to aerate. An aquarium air pump will do for starters, maybe a Hagen 802. Don't start with out Ph meter, I did and it cost me. Just aerate your res. But don't put air stone too close to pump or it will cavitate and install a bulk head so roots don't get into your pump.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

Cool those aquarium air pumps are cheap and a little mo' oxygen won't hurt

I'm starting to understand now thanks Y'all...
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    Cool those aquarium air pumps are cheap and a little mo' oxygen won't hurt

I'm starting to understand now thanks Y'all...
    I'd send you an 802 but it would probably cost more than it's worth for shipping. Wouldn't hurt to read up on silica as well. I used the basics, GH 3 part and 3" pipe and it worked well but I like my girls isolated from each other so I went back to soil and then to DWC. I posted some NFT pics a while back but if you want some ideas I can post them again. The other reason I want my plants isolated is because if you use DWC you'll see that each plant consumes differently and you can separate a sick plant easily or adjust its food. Now I'm in my 2nd cycle of DPK and G31 and I only have to check my numbers every three days or so. Other than that it's just visual and training. Hydro is a little more involved but if you can keep it as simple as possible for a few runs you'll get it down pat before you start playing with your set up.

Here's my basic recipe

GH 3 part, download feeding chart from their site and cut amount in half until about week 4-5 of flowering.
    H202 (3%), 10 ml per 4-5 gallons every other day. The H202 is important as well because if your res temp gets above 68* it increases oxygen uptake which is impaired by high water temps.

Silica, I use Protek about $14 around here. This is why you cut your nutes to 1/2, the silica really increases your roots ability to uptake nutes. Cut silica completely at 4th week of flowering and boost the flora grow and flora bloom to full strength and reduce Flora micro to 5 ml per 5 gallons or you'll burn the girls. (all this if you use GH 3 part). If you're going organic I'm lost.

My girls are at day 44 flower and the pistils are really red on the tops and terminal buds, some of the trichomes are starting to cloud already (early) so they will all go into clear flush in the next few days and get chopped at day 55.

I picked up most of my start info from reading here and in other forums and I only trashed my first run because I didn't have a PH pen. You already understand what your girls need so my money is on Jam. If nothing else you'll learn a whole bunch of new stuff about "our hobby".

Peace Brother

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

ya im excited even got my wife excited she want to start a couple tomato plants never did she ever want to enjoy my hobby together but she kinda likes the tent and she loves to garden just can do it any more..so now she can help me out indoors will see where this goes thanks every1 love yall..

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

nice tent on ya Jamman! I know hydroponics seems complicated but its not really.... just depends on how complicated a person really wants to go, but a guy could get great results with a basic passive system and basic nutes if more fine tuning or experimenting is in your nature then theres a shitload of extra stuff someone who cares to can do, I kept my system very basic and inexpensive....KISS system... check out DWC growing Jam, a few plastic pails, couple air pumps, growdan, clay pellets
    ph tester, and nutes , *I duck as I type this as the dirt growers and organic farmers hiss and throw stuff but check out DNF six pack nutes Jam, doesnt get any easier to get top notch meds brother.... ouch, man, shad got me with something

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

AAAnnnnnddd if you want to try DWC you can just just run one or two buckets to see wazzup.

Go for it JamMan.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

im doing this nft style been reading alot about it seems as long as i get my pitch right and keep eye out on ph im good im going to be starting a couple in organic soil just in case ill post some pics when i get everything set up thanks every one i appreciate yall stopping by im sure ill have a few more questions before its all said and done..wish me luck..

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 691/1

good luck bro

Thumbs Up/Down

never worried about pitch... as long as the water was moving the roots just follow along.

Good growing bro

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by T&G View Post
    *I duck as I type this as the dirt growers and organic farmers hiss and throw stuff... ouch, man, shad got me with something
    What? Li'l ole' me?

*Hides dirty finger nails*
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

no the "other" shad lol

Thumbs Up/Down

Oh.

Ok, then.

My mistake

Sorry.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Husbandnwife420 View Post
    dam i coild realy use 1 of those THE FAN THAT IS how many extra u got ?
    sent you one check inbox for tracking number

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 691/1

sssswwwwwweeeeetttt
    ty bro

Thumbs Up/Down

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hydro.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	60446getting closer to growing heres what i got in today 3 inch net pots hydroton pellets .. and rock wool cubs question how do i start my seed in them rock wool cubes..to get them going? oh and submersible pump 210 gallons a minute..so will all this work to get me growing the reason i picked 3 inch pots is that ill be growing in 4 inch pvc tubing im getting excited now just need to get my hand on some good indica strains

Thumbs Up/Down

next on my list is ph tester that will read temps and ph at all times found one for around 30 dollars and some good organic ferts found a new hps 400 what lite for 119 or spend the extra money and get a enter changeable mh and hps for 169 ill veg under my t5s and like to flower under hps so dont know if i need the enterchangeable lite or not what do yall think?

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey Jam. I was vegging under cfls but they're about four or five years old so I bought a 400w MH to go into my lumetek switchable ballast. I vegged the DPK/G31 for 4 weeks under cfls and then 3 1/2 weeks under MH before switching bulbs to 600w hps. I would spend the extra $50 and get the switchable ballast. The 400w bulb cost me $38 as opposed to $115 to replace all my cfls.
    Just a note about pipe size. I was told 3" was too small, not true. If you use 3" pipe you can install a 90* for each plant. The 3" net pots fit into the flared female on the 90* perfectly and raise the plant about 5". I use 3" net pots as well but be warned they will start to fall over when the girls get larger so plan ahead to support plants. If I had installed the 90*s that problem would have been eliminated. I was warned off of rockwool because it holds too much water and not enough oxygen so I start them in jiffy pucks and then into medium when they're ready.
    The Ph pen is a "must". I read that hydro is the formula 1 of indoor growing so take your time and get ready for a daily routine. Keep notes for your first run or two. I check Ph, water temp (around 68), room temp, and ppm. H202 and silica are a must I'm told. Anyway I'm not a high miler but these are the things I've picked up in the last 6 months. I got a lot of help from members.
    TY TY.
    Looking forward to learning with you brother.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

ill try and keep the questions to a minimal as i love utube and google but what do you mean by a 90? ontop of my pvc tubes so go with a 3 inch instead of 4 inch would save me some money thanks brother for answering my questions ill google h202 and silica

Thumbs Up/Down

3 percent h202 or 25 percent food grade h202 and how much do i add per gallon of water.couldn't find how much to add per gallon of water..

Thumbs Up/Down

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1426.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	60447
    Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. The downside is that the 90s cost about 10-12 bucks each in my neck of the woods. Make sure you get an air pump brother.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

right on i got it thanks brother..nice drawing i have excess to plumbing supplies dad owns a waterconditioning business just have to pay there cost he he man i cant wait to pop some beans what about h202 how much per gallon of water ?

Thumbs Up/Down

never mind scrolled up to you previous post

Thumbs Up/Down

what about h202 how much per gallon of water ?
    I use 10 ml for 4 gallons of water and I add it every other day. I haven't been doing hydro long enough to experiment but girls seem happy.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Keep in mind that this is for 3" pipe. The female end of a 90 for 4" would probably be too big for 3" net pot.

N
    Nohibition

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast