Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: grow tent

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default grow tent

im excited wife ordered me a grow tent 6ft by 4ft by 6ft thought i would have to wait till october to order but we found 1 half price sell on ebay 150 dollars along i have been growing in a closet indoors now i got me a tent to grow in my question is this i have a bunch of these bathroom exhaust fans laying around brand new in the box will this work for intake and exhaust ? i can just turn the thing around and blow fresh air into the tent cant i? if any one is interested in a fan ill send you 1 for free i forgot i had a bunch of them thanks for any responce
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fan.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	60400  
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

i rigged 1 up and there very quiet and do put alot of air out think it will work?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

You could do all the mad scientist numbers but I'm guessing it will work OK. I'd use it as an exhaust fan and let air get pulled into tent this will draw heat out rather than just pushing it around inside the tent.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

thats what im planning to do use it on top of tent for exhaust but was wondering if i could use it out on bottom of tent to push air into the tent im new to this tent thing but what i read you have to have fresh air coming in and some kind of exhaust.. thanks for takeing a look i thought of groo but i think he already has a exhaust fan.if not ill send you one buddy

Thumbs Up/Down

I still think just an exhaust fan with a fresh air intake. What size is the fan.

N

Sent from my LG-P705g using Tapatalk
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

No, sorry, that will not exhaust the tent.

Depending on the lighting you'll likely need a 6" blower.

Blowing cool air in also works when you hit a 'wall' of venting outward, but those duct fans cannot handle much back pressure (ie carbon scrubbers).
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

what do you mean by hitting a wall of venting outward.im a little confused on what your saying shad sorry buddy...

Thumbs Up/Down

I think he means when you hit a wall and can't vent outward. I was planning on using one for my starter tent. That or a cheap range hood. I may use it (the little tent) for a drying rack though either way I have to vent.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Eventually you reach a point of suction that you're just pulling in the sides of the tent and it's not getting any cooler.

That's when you'll find that it's far more effective to add another blower facing inward, rather than another pulling out.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Or you could increase passive intake opening to allow sufficient air to enter. Not trying to be argumentative but I'm cheap (no choice) so I'm always looking to spend less. That's a nice big tent so Shad's right. Here's how I do a scientific test...I get in the tent and turn the fan on...if I don't pass out there's lots air. lol

Name:  i_dont_know-842.gif
Views: 34
Size:  33.3 KB

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/0
    Given: 1/0

Hey Shad, I've definitely observed that. My home made tent with Velcro seems was too annoying to close and the temp seemed to stay the same whether it was on medium or high.
    Currently hording the following elite genetics;

Grape Escape x Afghani Kush, Iranian Land Race x Pre-98 Bubba Kush, Florida Skunk Ape x Purple Kush, Green Crack BX, Grape Escape x Green Crack.
    Tranquil Elephantizer, Blue Dream Lotus, Orange SunShine.
    OG Ghost Train haze #1.
    Blue Cheese.
    MK Ultra, The Hog, Wreckage.
    Nevilles Haze, Critical Mass, SSH, Black Widow, Shark Shock, Medicine Man, G13 Widow, Ortega, Angels Breath.
    Petrolia Head Stash, Willie Nelson, Golden Temple Kush.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 102/0
    Given: 224/0

Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    \ Here's how I do a scientific test...I get in the tent and turn the fan on...if I don't pass out there's lots air. lol

Name:  i_dont_know-842.gif
Views: 34
Size:  33.3 KB

N
    LOL..that's awesome,i was taking you all serious until i read the last line...hahaha
    Its a known fact if you vaporize a mite his soul becomes yours ...

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default my tent

it has alot of windows and vents dont have the money right now to do it right so could i use 2 bathroom vent on top sucking air out and maybe 2 blowing air in along with a rotating fan inside im going to be useing t5s in veg and 600 hps flowering or just leave window open dureing lites on?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tent 003.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	60409   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tent 002.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	60410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tent 001.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	60408  

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 691/1

Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    im excited wife ordered me a grow tent 6ft by 4ft by 6ft thought i would have to wait till october to order but we found 1 half price sell on ebay 150 dollars along i have been growing in a closet indoors now i got me a tent to grow in my question is this i have a bunch of these bathroom exhaust fans laying around brand new in the box will this work for intake and exhaust ? I can just turn the thing around and blow fresh air into the tent cant i? If any one is interested in a fan ill send you 1 for free i forgot i had a bunch of them thanks for any responce
    dam i coild realy use 1 of those THE FAN THAT IS how many extra u got ?

Thumbs Up/Down

i have 6 inch exhaust bathroom fan if you can use one no problem just im me your addy

Thumbs Up/Down

ok its says 60 cubic feet per minute

Thumbs Up/Down

sorry all for questions maybe should have done more reading before i jumped into this

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 102/0
    Given: 224/0

nice tent jam,,,myself i never used a intake fan on my tent just 6" exhast on sspeed control,, and always passive intake ,just a piece of 6" ducting to the window or were ever you get your cold air works fiine..if ever i need more air i open a bottom vent a bit, never in flower tho,,latley since im in veg and the lights are on 24/7 i dont even shut the tent..

i say best bet is toss a liht in there and a exhaaust seal er up and let er rip.. like nohib says..test your temps, it will give you a good idea if you need more intake or exhast...

peace jam
    Its a known fact if you vaporize a mite his soul becomes yours ...

Thumbs Up/Down

LOL..that's awesome,i was taking you all serious until i read the last line...hahaha
    Actually JaySun I was serious, but I had a moment there. I suffer from chuckleosis. lol

ok its says 60 cubic feet per minute
    Your tent is 144 sq ft (minus all the mass you install) so you have a complete air change every two minutes. But as Shad pointed out these fans aren't very powerful so make sure your intake is sufficient.

sorry all for questions maybe should have done more reading before i jumped into this
    That's what TY is about Brother and that's what you're doing now...reading. lol

Peace

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

ok kewl...guess ill give it a try come october pretty excited to see how it work.i kept catching myself walking by it and picturing frosty meds looking back at me .couldnt wait to hang my t5s so thats what i did and turned them on..man its bright in there..so now all i gotta do is save up some money and find me some good indica seeds because thats what works good for my pain issues..sativas make me a little paranoid for some reason..so wish me luck yall pictures soon as i get up and running peace

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 691/1

jam wanna try black berry kush seeds ? --very very frosty bud out of these seeeds
    c99 x aelin kush seeds
    and a og kush mix called dirty margareta--the 1 iv got growin nows verry dark purple in veg
    let me know if these will help u
    theyve helped me real well 4 my aielments

Thumbs Up/Down

been doing some reading will nft nutrient film technique work? i have access to plumbing supplies and im thinking of growing hydroponically..any one familiar with this type growing other than the pump ill need i got everything else feed back please would also like to grow a tomato plant or 2 useing this system ...will it work

Thumbs Up/Down

Sure "it will work", provided you build it properly, and given that it's a hydroponic setup it would produce well but require more skill than pots of soil.

Have you done hydro before? I ask simply because it requires more maintenance (and monitoring) than, say, an organic grow with sphagnum would (you can do organic hydro as well, I have no experience but perhaps someone here does).

med-man's tables are NFT, if I remember correctly. You can take a look at his garden if there are no reports of NFT grows elsewhere in the forums.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    been doing some reading will nft nutrient film technique work? i have access to plumbing supplies and im thinking of growing hydroponically..any one familiar with this type growing other than the pump ill need i got everything else feed back please would also like to grow a tomato plant or 2 useing this system ...will it work
    What ya need to know Jam. I built one a few yrs ago and it worked great but it's not for me, I don't like all my eggs in one basket so to speak.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

never done hydro before but im doing alot of reading on it and so far i like what i read..the nft way of growing sparked my interest sense i already have the 4 inch pipes and all..my question about this type of growing is providing oxygen to my water what i understand is the water flows out of the holding tank and around my 4 inch pvc pipes using a 220 gallon a minute pump and back into the same holding tank..i guess when the water falls back into my holding tank thats what supplies oxygen? been reading a lot on this subject and never has it said i need airriator stone i plan on buying me a digital ph meter that reads temps and ph at all times im hopeing to use organic nutes well what do yall think?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast