Thread: Air Time

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 65/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Air Time

Hey, here's a fun question. I see in youtube videos now a days kids using aquarium air pumps and air stones to bubble water. What If you used like 6 pumps and 18-24 stones for lots of bubbles, would that be crazy or a good thing?
    Thanks to google and youtube I managed to fabricate all the above words together to sound like Im growing, but Im not, never have, and even with a MMAR card I never will, so there! P.S. I loves my prozac and ridalin, om nom nom, moar plz....

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I used Hagen 801 pumps until recently. I now have two quads, can't remember brand, eco something. I can run up to 16 lines between the two pumps, hooked up to air discs. I run 4 DWC buckets and usually have four bubbling with clear water for my next mix. That way once my nutes and numbers are done I just lift my plant out of old bucket and drop it in the fresh mix or into a flush. Now I use the old Hagens for my babies in mini DWC starter containers.
    If you bubble your water it will devolitilise in 1 hour rather letting it sit for 24.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 65/0

What about more pumps and stones in the same bucket? Would the plant benefit from more air I wonder....
    Thanks to google and youtube I managed to fabricate all the above words together to sound like Im growing, but Im not, never have, and even with a MMAR card I never will, so there! P.S. I loves my prozac and ridalin, om nom nom, moar plz....

Vegetative Member Provisionseeds's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 566/0
    Given: 103/0

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
    What about more pumps and stones in the same bucket? Would the plant benefit from more air I wonder....
    There is never enough air.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Everything has it's limits, oxygen saturation, the amount of oxygen the plant actually needs etc. I run one 4" disc per 4 gallon bucket and girls are happy. I also add 10-20 ml of 3% H202 (using 6% right now) to offset water temps (mine are high). There's also the issue of heat from the pumps which warms the air being pumped. At present my roots are clean, white and crispy looking. DPK/G31 are growing like "weeds". Looking forward to end of cure but that's atleast 50 more sleeps.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/0
    Given: 1/0

Another issue to be concerned is that the air pump will almost certainly raise the temperature of the water, by virtue of the fact that the air temp is usually higher than the water temp and you have a transfer. The more air, the faster it heats up. If you want to improve your water quality look at setting up a Water Vortex system using Air as the moving agent. Good luck.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=239192

not to change the subject, but you will be aerating but also changing the fractal and thus the frequency of the product in addition to the aeration (Not just for making compost teas).

kindly,
    Currently hording the following elite genetics;

Grape Escape x Afghani Kush, Iranian Land Race x Pre-98 Bubba Kush, Florida Skunk Ape x Purple Kush, Green Crack BX, Grape Escape x Green Crack.
    Tranquil Elephantizer, Blue Dream Lotus, Orange SunShine.
    OG Ghost Train haze #1.
    Blue Cheese.
    MK Ultra, The Hog, Wreckage.
    Nevilles Haze, Critical Mass, SSH, Black Widow, Shark Shock, Medicine Man, G13 Widow, Ortega, Angels Breath.
    Petrolia Head Stash, Willie Nelson, Golden Temple Kush.