Vegetative Member Provisionseeds's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 566/0
    Given: 103/0

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Red face Germinating Seeds Video

Hey guys, we decided to make a video of how we prefer to germinate our seeds. There are many ways of doing it and this is the only way we will germinate seeds after trying a bunch of other methods. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Click here to view the video

If there are any suggestions please let us know =)

Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

got the updated video of the gemination =) take a look =D

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 472/1

This one?

I didn't end up popping my Cindy that day but I think their time is coming soon
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    This one?

I didn't end up popping my Cindy that day but I think their time is coming soon
    no the updated version on the website =D

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 472/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

sry your right shad, thanks for catching that. we uploaded the video and its now live.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

Using a plastic bag is an interesting change from the two plates I use. I may have to give that a try some time.

Because there is some evaporation when using plates, I tend to use moister paper towel than you do. I squeeze out excess water, but not as firmly. You could probably still squeeze another tablespoon or so of water from the paper towels when I'm done. And I add a few drops of water with my fingers "as needed" when I check on the beans every six hours or so because, as I mentioned, there is some evaporation when using inverted plates.

My fridge top doesn't get very warm at all, so I prefer to set my plates on the back of my computer tower, where there is a little more warmth. During the summer I leave them uncovered, but in the chill of winter I often put a towel over them to help trap the warmth of the power supply. The key is to keep them at around 90F or thereabouts.

Some people like to put their beans in the fridge for a couple of days before germination, claiming that chilling them and then exposing them to the warmth simulates a winter/spring temperature swing and encourages germination. I've never tried that myself, but it kind of makes sense, though I'd think you'd want to chill the beans for at least a week to really simulate a winter chill.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by groo View Post
    Using a plastic bag is an interesting change from the two plates I use. I may have to give that a try some time.

Because there is some evaporation when using plates, I tend to use moister paper towel than you do. I squeeze out excess water, but not as firmly. You could probably still squeeze another tablespoon or so of water from the paper towels when I'm done. And I add a few drops of water with my fingers "as needed" when I check on the beans every six hours or so because, as I mentioned, there is some evaporation when using inverted plates.

My fridge top doesn't get very warm at all, so I prefer to set my plates on the back of my computer tower, where there is a little more warmth. During the summer I leave them uncovered, but in the chill of winter I often put a towel over them to help trap the warmth of the power supply. The key is to keep them at around 90F or thereabouts.

Some people like to put their beans in the fridge for a couple of days before germination, claiming that chilling them and then exposing them to the warmth simulates a winter/spring temperature swing and encourages germination. I've never tried that myself, but it kind of makes sense, though I'd think you'd want to chill the beans for at least a week to really simulate a winter chill.
    Hey groo!

Putting the zip lock bag into a box then on top of your fridge, the box keeps the ziplock bag warm but not too warm. It has worked for us with any fridge.

Thumbs Up/Down

The back of my fridge doesn't get warm enough, that's why I use the back of the computer. I've tried using the fridge in this place before, and got zero action from my beans until I moved them to the computer.

Thumbs Up/Down

The back of my fridge doesn't get warm enough, that's why I use the back of the computer. I've tried using the fridge in this place before, and got zero action from my beans until I moved them to the computer.
    Where talking about top of the fridge right? Using he method doesn't require much heat. I put them in my sock drawer sometimes too. Works like a charm.

Try it out groo, and let us know

Thumbs Up/Down

That part of my apartment is chilly in the winter (which is when I'd tried the top of the fridge.) It's right by the entryway door in the hallway, so there's a good chill coming from the window in the door.

The computer, on the other hand, is in the living room and protected from chills by the desk top. Be aware, though, that the computer gets *too* warm to be covered with a towel in the summer (I cooked some beans earlier this year.)

I've also heard of people putting their beans on top of old CRT monitors or TVs. The details don't matter. What matters is that it be nice and warm without being toasty.

I suspect they *would* eventually crack without the warmth, but would take much longer. Much as a chilly spring slows down the sprouting of seeds in the garden outdoors.

Thumbs Up/Down

That part of my apartment is chilly in the winter (which is when I'd tried the top of the fridge.) It's right by the entryway door in the hallway, so there's a good chill coming from the window in the door.

The computer, on the other hand, is in the living room and protected from chills by the desk top. Be aware, though, that the computer gets *too* warm to be covered with a towel in the summer (I cooked some beans earlier this year.)

I've also heard of people putting their beans on top of old CRT monitors or TVs. The details don't matter. What matters is that it be nice and warm without being toasty.

I suspect they *would* eventually crack without the warmth, but would take much longer. Much as a chilly spring slows down the sprouting of seeds in the garden outdoors.
    Ya being chilly slows down the progress alot.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

i soak my beans 24 hours than paper towel sandwich baggie method..than into my drawer summer or winter..never had a problem but once think they were old seeds some1 sent me
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..