Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 217/1
    Given: 330/9

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default A little help please ?!!! Organic Grow with Yellowing Leaves

I am hoping that someone in the community can point me in the right direction.

I am growing in an organic mix, TLO style.

I have watered at ph of 6.0 and used organic based stuff, compost teas and soforth.
    Recently I used some salt based stuff. A little potash and trace elements. I have also
    given them more teas then needed, I think, not enough waterings with just water.

The soil mix consists of a good quality base soil, kelp, humic acid, perlite, rock dust, silicates,
    diatomite rocks as well as dolomite lime, organic coco coir and a good quality sand.

The mixture has been a god send. I have recently added too much food. I also used some salt based
    stuff, not too much but maybe enough to be deconstructive.

Recently a lot of the older leaves have turned completely yellow from the bottom to the top.
    Most of the leaves are fairly healthy.

I could be overstressing. I would hope to anticipate any problems before hand so any help is appreciated.

I will put some pics up later on. The plants are all about 1 month into flowering, some are 5 weeks. The colas are
    big, healthy, frosty, and coming along very well but I am worried that if the leaves continue to decline that the colas
    could be effected.

Some of the leaves are burnt, looks like nutrient burn. I have removed the leaves that are beyond
    repair.

I have added a mixture of powders to the top soil. Garden lime, powdered egg shells, a little silica, humic acid,
    and some good quality kelp.

I am going to water with some fish emulsion, a small amount of an organic probiotic solution with some liquid fulvic
    acid, ph'd at 6.0. I am going to water twice, in an attempt to help the soil balance itself out.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/0
    Given: 1/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

pictures are necessary for an accurate diagnosis.
    I'll check back in a couple of days and follow up.

Obvious concerns, if you are going to grow organic you cannot ph your water. Buy a RO and the water will come out perfect every time.
    in addition to the first concern, adding any salt-based product will effectively destroy your microlife.
    Save your money, pick local mushrooms, brew up a 3 day tea. reinnoculate your plants, use a mulch such as cedar that will naturally bring down your PH.
    Good luck.
    Currently hording the following elite genetics;

Grape Escape x Afghani Kush, Iranian Land Race x Pre-98 Bubba Kush, Florida Skunk Ape x Purple Kush, Green Crack BX, Grape Escape x Green Crack.
    Tranquil Elephantizer, Blue Dream Lotus, Orange SunShine.
    OG Ghost Train haze #1.
    Blue Cheese.
    MK Ultra, The Hog, Wreckage.
    Nevilles Haze, Critical Mass, SSH, Black Widow, Shark Shock, Medicine Man, G13 Widow, Ortega, Angels Breath.
    Petrolia Head Stash, Willie Nelson, Golden Temple Kush.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 216/0
    Given: 417/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

When in doubt, water only until you can track the problem causing grief.

Maybe get a reading on the water runoff, it will tell you the pH and the ppm.

NM
    Love the life you live
    Live the life you love
    -Bob Marley

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Do you use blackstrap?

I might try a light 'flush' with molasses in the water to help chelate the ferts.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks for the suggestions. I have some Blackstrap molasses and do use it. I will run a light flush.

I can't find the doobie whatsit that I use to upload my photos from my memory card but will do so as soon as I find it.
    I have found that moving from growing hydro to TLO I have been too fixated on adding nutes and soforth, although I have a
    soil mix that was doing great until I mucked with it.

All of the colas are healthy looking. Some of the leaves are spotty. Only one plant out of six is heavily affected.

I will check the ph. on the water and post some pics when I find my SD card reader.

Thanks guys!

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Just to let you guys know the older leaves seem to be yellowing a lot. The molasses flush has helped.
    Their is some new leaves growing and the colas are nice and frosty, all of them.

My first "TLO style grow" is going well, aside from the hiccups.

I will post some pics up after.