Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by T&G View Post
    I think if you misted the bottoms of the leaves too you might have better success nohib, atleast I did.... I hate those little bastards!!
    Hey T&G I stand corrected. I don't know why I said from above, in reality I sprayed top & btm. I should have mentioned way back when I was doing the BS/DWC run that on one occasion I found 5 adults in one of my buckets which surprised me because...well, no soil. I'm thinking they got in looking for a place to lay eggs. Anyway I killed the little fuckers with extreme prejudice and that was the end of it. I haven't had any gnats since the outbreak in early summer. I'd really like to know if the H202 really kills them.

Speaking of killing flying pest here's something cool to impress the kids.
    Catch a house fly and drown it in some water. Leave it in there until it hasn't moved for an hour or so. Them fish it out, don't squish it. Place it on the table and cover it completely with table salt. In a little while it will revive, clean itself off and fly away. Survival mechanism. I imagine Gnats are just as tenacious.Name:  fly-131.gif
Views: 41
Size:  5.7 KB

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 217/1
    Given: 330/9

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by groo View Post
    I found the DE very helpful -- until it got wet and hardened. After that, the gnats came back. They're like that damned cat in the old 80's video...

By the way, in my area I find fungus gnats buzzing around me outdoors as well. They're small enough to get through screens and nimble enough to slip through doors while you're walking through. As a result, I have never been able to get rid of them *completely*.

Maybe I'll have better luck come winter when they aren't infesting my whole environment.
    They are attracted to CO2, which reminds me that I forgot to mention that traps can help.

A plastic bottle with some molasses and some vinegar will produce CO2, which is handy for your plants also.
    Oh, a bit of soap also. Breaks the gnats.

You will find heaps of the buggers in the bottom.

I would use those mosquito dunks, if could find the damn things anywhere!

The double sided A4 sticky traps work very good. I cut them up smaller and they
    catch a fair few. I have them stuck up in other places in my house, in entrances
    to rooms and near the front and back door.

They do not seem to go away so management is very necessary.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

Quote Originally Posted by TradingBeanz View Post
    I would use those mosquito dunks, if could find the damn things anywhere!
    Not sure where you're at, but this is the link I have bookmarked -- you can order from them online in Canada, not sure whether they have US operations or not.

http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/in...lkz/R-I5045824

(Homo Herdwear -- clothing for gay cattle. )
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 102/0
    Given: 224/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

picked a bottle of tanlin and bag of DE .. lastnight was potatoes and neem... today is DE and tanlin... was looking at nematodes but wasnt sure if i needed them....
    groo; with DE do i just put a layer ontop or do i mix it right in the mix?
    Its a known fact if you vaporize a mite his soul becomes yours ...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

I assume you mean to combat fungus gnats?

You form a layer on top of the soil that keeps the adults from successfully laying their eggs in the mix, and any larvae that come into contact with it will cut themselves open as diatomite shells are akin to broken glass.

Note however, that once you water it, it's going to cake up and harden. So apply it after a watering rather than before.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

here is wave 2 ,moving mad kush,,,,grapefruit krush ,,northernlights,,,leda uno,,,snowcap,,, ctritical+ and herijuana into the big girl rooom..theres something else in there to ,,it slips my mind atm tho..

i let them eat at the table tonight...lol ..my flower room is offically FULL ,,, theres 9 trees in 5sand 7s too from wave 1..hehe there upto my shoulders .. 4 feet or so..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1014018_10152727567485803_2246126087828408128_n.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	60517  

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey JaySun.
    Looks like you got it going on Bro. When do lessons start? Nice garden.

N

Sent from my LG-P705g using Tapatalk
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

i second guess everything i do to them... i wouldnt trust myself giving anybody any lessons or info.. myself im still learning as i go.. i like to learn something new everyday which is probably why i ask so many questions,, they seem simple to most ppl but i wouldnt of asked them if it was simple to me ..haha

the few times i tried giving info on other forums ,, the pros attacked and made me feel like a idiot, so i keep to myself alot....i dont even bother other forums no more .. just here and facebook are my 2 hangouts..

i dont see myself with any knowledge or skills to pass on ... i dont keep notes or track of what i feed my plants i just make potions and for some reason they like it.. this may sound stupid but they let me know if they dont want wat im about to give them,, sometimes only one or two plants get missed..lol

i spend upto 6 hrs a day sometimes with my plants or just hanging in the garden starring ,watching, listening to music with em ...lol and yes i talk to them.. haha theey answer in there own special way ..

Thumbs Up/Down

I hear ya JaySun. I just started keeping track of my success/errors this year and it does pay off.

N
    Nohibition

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345