Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Are you full organic, bubbling a tea?

I say that because rum is made from molasses, it's still mostly sugar (80%+), and ferments rapidly.

I hand water with a tablespoon or two per gallon and if, for example, I were to forget a bucket and then go to sleep, when I woke up I'd have a few gallons of something fit for a distillery... yes, I do speak from experience

If you want to avoid the alcohol then add the molasses fresh. If you're trying to feed microbes in the tea with it then perhaps they'll battle the yeast for the sugar and win given that they have head start and potential advantage in numbers. I really don't know, but yeast spores are everywhere.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 102/0
    Given: 224/0

way to go, now you got me tasting my bubbler..lol
    actually its just straight water and molasses and it dont smell like alcohol and it tastes like brown water..haha

but thats good to know, like who would want a 5 gallon bucket of rum...buds and rum hmmmmm
    Its a known fact if you vaporize a mite his soul becomes yours ...

Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Remember that it still has to be filtered and distilled first before anyone can drink it

Molasses is dark brown but distilled fermented brew is as clear as fresh mountain spring water.

Storing it in barrels for a few years, charred or not, is optional.

You know though... it's probably easier to just go buy a bottle of rum
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

well we sat , we drank molasses water and then she showed me her feet..such sexy feet they have and yup they needed to be up potted..
    here's my 2 favorite plants, took em abit to get going but there happy now..DR Atomics Northern Lights
    and i found another c4 female thats 2 out of 3 now..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0542.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	60334   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0540.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	60335   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0538.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	60336  

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

man yall sure know how to grow healthy looking plants..peace and happy harvesting..
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Thumbs Up/Down

thanks jam,, hopfully i get my room together to flower..lol im no further ahead than last week.. mind you i have a pvc piipe to add to my supplies pile...

i think i might have someone coming from kamloops this weekend no garantees.. but im hoping .

ps. im blaming the worm castings...im not doing anything special besides slaving to them..there kinda just doing what they want to do...ii just keep there temps between 72-77

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

heres 2 widowberry males , im going to collect the pollen,, there the only males in my garden atm.. the other widowberry is a female

all 3 C4 are females
    the 2 northern lights should be showing anyday

everything else is female... and there getting large

under t5s there's still 2 herijuana 1 snowcap and 2 leda uno, there coning along ..

Name:	10353696_10152677110430803_8290349677722806393_n.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	261.5 KB 
ID:	60399  

Thumbs Up/Down

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

well i seem to have a tree farm going here again,,im putting a bunch into 5 and 7 gallon tomorrow then flower time... my 4x8 closet became a veg room and i built a 7 x12 flower room, just got plants in there today ... finally im ready to rock... both rooms done..

cuttting clones then flipping almost all , keeping a c4 mom and a northern lights blueberry ..and the grapefruit is BEAUTIFUL

thiis just add water thing is just to easy , why did i ever go away from it...

edit:: oh yeah,,i have the nastiest case of fungas gnats, but the plants dont seem to mind.. maybe ill try planting a clove of garlic in each pot..lol
    and im getting some Hypoaspis miles ASAP

Name:	IMG_20140925_024806.jpg 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	60482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140925_010645.jpg 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	60483  

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Looks like you've conquered the grow room issues JaySun. Good on you bro. Plants look great.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 658/0
    Given: 667/1

Looking good Jaysun, I'll usually use 5 or 7 gallon. I tied some in 10 gallon this round and their not growing any better or bigger then the 7 gallon containers...
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Thumbs Up/Down

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    Looks like you've conquered the grow room issues JaySun. Good on you bro. Plants look great.

N
    thanx brother, it was abit of a challenge but now i get to grow my best plants ever, this is the best grow space i ever had to date.. perfect temp, humidity, etc .. im a happy camper for sure ..
    i will be putting my 4x4 table on rollers eventually under 1 light,actually very soon,, be sooo much easier to move around with a table that moves turn it like a lazy susan to get to back plants.. im like a kid witth a new playhouse..LOL
    nothing but good things can come from this room because im giving it a 110% the past couple months the girls keep me in shape and active, and most of all HAPPY ..in exchange i feed/water them and play them awesome music...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Eagle View Post
    Looking good Jaysun, I'll usually use 5 or 7 gallon. I tied some in 10 gallon this round and their not growing any better or bigger then the 7 gallon containers...
    thanx brother ,, i have prob 5 or so 7's the rest will be in 5's ,, i always wondered about 10's ..thnx for the heads up..i will be passing 10's forsure now..

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 347/1

Quote Originally Posted by JaySun View Post
    well i seem to have a tree farm going here again,,im putting a bunch into 5 and 7 gallon tomorrow then flower time... my 4x8 closet became a veg room and i built a 7 x12 flower room, just got plants in there today ... finally im ready to rock... both rooms done..

cuttting clones then flipping almost all , keeping a c4 mom and a northern lights blueberry ..and the grapefruit is BEAUTIFUL

thiis just add water thing is just to easy , why did i ever go away from it...

edit:: oh yeah,,i have the nastiest case of fungas gnats, but the plants dont seem to mind.. maybe ill try planting a clove of garlic in each pot..lol
    and im getting some Hypoaspis miles ASAP
    They are a mofo.... Little bastards. Not sure what is worse at times really, fungus gnats or mites, either way hate both them fuckers with a passion!

thanx brother, it was abit of a challenge but now i get to grow my best plants ever, this is the best grow space i ever had to date.. perfect temp, humidity, etc .. im a happy camper for sure ..
    i will be putting my 4x4 table on rollers eventually under 1 light,actually very soon,, be sooo much easier to move around with a table that moves turn it like a lazy susan to get to back plants.. im like a kid witth a new playhouse..LOL
    nothing but good things can come from this room because im giving it a 110% the past couple months the girls keep me in shape and active, and most of all HAPPY ..in exchange i feed/water them and play them awesome music...lol

thanx brother ,, i have prob 5 or so 7's the rest will be in 5's ,, i always wondered about 10's ..thnx for the heads up..i will be passing 10's forsure now..
    Glad you are getting everything dialed in! So you eliminated the gnats?

LT

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Lightly_Toasted View Post
    They are a mofo.... Little bastards. Not sure what is worse at times really, fungus gnats or mites, either way hate both them fuckers with a passion!

Glad you are getting everything dialed in! So you eliminated the gnats?

LT
    no i didnt get rid of them , but honestly the plants are still going strong..i had em them from day 1 .. the seedlings had a bit of a slow start.. bit of yellowing but nothing to freak about...i mean shit the rootballs look healthy ,actually prob healthiest i ever had,, i will add predator mites sometime next week or this weekend ..

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

very awesome job my brother!

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey JaySun
    Here's a good read on fungus gnats brother.

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plan...-peroxide.html

I've used potato with neem oil and disturbed the soil daily and I guess I'm just lucky because I had no problem getting rid of them completely in about 2 weeks.

Check it out.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 217/1
    Given: 330/9

Default Tanlin and Gnatural - Prevention and Cure

Hey JaySun

I've used potato with neem oil and disturbed the soil daily and I guess I'm just lucky because I had no problem getting rid of them completely in about 2 weeks.

Check it out.

N
    I use Tanlin by CX Hydroponics. It is recommended to use it once a week but I don't use it that often.

Tanlin contains Chitin, making the little buggers unable to lay eggs in the medium. No eggs, no gnats.
    If there is already eggs in the mix there is another product we use called Gnatural.

Gnatural is pretty special. It is an insecticide containing a pathogen which is specific to the fungus gnat and
    hits them at the larvae level, if the gnats have already laid some eggs.

I have found this an absolutely invaluable combo. Expensive stuff, if you use it as directed. I don't! I use a
    combination of prevention and cure using a combination of different products.

Chitin is also contained in shell so a topsoil with some shell grit, sand and even DE earth works great.
    Also applying kelp as a top dressing seems to add to the effectiveness of the Tanlin. The gnats go crazy.

It is best to use yellow sticky traps in conjunction with the treatments. Without the sticky traps they still hang around,
    damaging as many leaves as they can manage.

I am using round feeders, in my hydro tent, so the top layer of my media is always very dry, except where the drippers
    run the feeds in. Doing it this way gives them nowhere to lay eggs.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by TradingBeanz; 09-27-2014 at 01:01 AM. Reason: None whatsoever!

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Oh, I should add that the Gnatural is safe to use. It is similar to the stuff in those mosquito dunks except that it is specific
    to fungus gnats.

Well done, I must add! You are doing a fantastic job.

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey JaySun

Check it out.

N
    potatoes and neem i have here atm... what rate did you mix the neem? and can it be used as a soil drench? or did you just spray?
    i sprayed a few days ago with end all ,,il prob spray again soon.. they just laughed at it and flew in my nose for revenge...lol

Quote Originally Posted by TradingBeanz View Post
    I use Tanlin by CX Hydroponics. It is recommended to use it once a week but I don't use it that often.

Tanlin contains Chitin, making the little buggers unable to lay eggs in the medium. No eggs, no gnats.
    If there is already eggs in the mix there is another product we use called Gnatural.

Gnatural is pretty special. It is an insecticide containing a pathogen which is specific to the fungus gnat and
    hits them at the larvae level, if the gnats have already laid some eggs.

I have found this an absolutely invaluable combo. Expensive stuff, if you use it as directed. I don't! I use a
    combination of prevention and cure using a combination of different products.

Chitin is also contained in shell so a topsoil with some shell grit, sand and even DE earth works great.
    Also applying kelp as a top dressing seems to add to the effectiveness of the Tanlin. The gnats go crazy.

It is best to use yellow sticky traps in conjunction with the treatments. Without the sticky traps they still hang around,
    damaging as many leaves as they can manage.

I am using round feeders, in my hydro tent, so the top layer of my media is always very dry, except where the drippers
    run the feeds in. Doing it this way gives them nowhere to lay eggs.

I hope this helps.
    i will look into these products, are you aware if they are safe for organic soil/mixes ?

thank you for the info.. much appreciated ..

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

potatoes and neem i have here atm... what rate did you mix the neem? and can it be used as a soil drench? or did you just spray?
    i sprayed a few days ago with end all ,,il prob spray again soon.. they just laughed at it and flew in my nose for revenge...lol

i will look into these products, are you aware if they are safe for organic soil/mixes ?

thank you for the info.. much appreciated ..
    They are all natural. I am not sure about the Gnatural though! I know it does not harm microbes or beneficials but I don't know
    if it is actually organic.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 315/0

I found the DE very helpful -- until it got wet and hardened. After that, the gnats came back. They're like that damned cat in the old 80's video...

By the way, in my area I find fungus gnats buzzing around me outdoors as well. They're small enough to get through screens and nimble enough to slip through doors while you're walking through. As a result, I have never been able to get rid of them *completely*.

Maybe I'll have better luck come winter when they aren't infesting my whole environment.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

Have you noticed those Mosquito Dunks or Mosquito Bits that I mentioned earlier?

I just ground up a bit of the end of dunk #2 tonight. As they float, you could consider sprinkling some of of on top and then watering it into the pots since you don't have an inconvenient number to deal with.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 315/0

I already had Mosquito Dunks bookmarked, but I forgot *what* I bookmarked them for. Thanks for the remind.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey JS.

I used the neem (Einstein Oil) as per instructions, 1-2 tsp to 1 litre of warm water and a couple of drops of dish soap to aid in mixing. I misted all my plants from above then put the slices of potato on the soil. I also put small slits in the pieces just to make it easier or them to crawl in. I let my soil get dry and disturbed it ""frequently". My luck may have been due to hitting their cycle at the right time as well.

Hope this helps. The hydrogen peroxide (H202) 3% is cheap, under 3 bucks.

Make sure you don't have any discarded soil or decaying organic matter around (ever) like trimmed fans etc.

Hope this helps bro, good luck.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I think if you misted the bottoms of the leaves too you might have better success nohib, atleast I did.... I hate those little bastards!!

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 692/1

jam good advice
    i 2 have better luck getting those lil fucks underneth the leaves
    i just use dawn dish soap
    about 5 tyms a day
    and iv had grate sucsess killing those lil bastards
    i drowend em out with suds over and over and over
    works well