Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Dpk/g31

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sttaight from paper towel to jiffy/cfls.

Sent from my LG-P705g using Tapatalk
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

MH bulbs can get old and lose spectrum, too. I used to replace mine once a year way back when. (Sometimes more often because they'd get splattered with water while hot and pop.)
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post

What sort of light are they getting?

(and has this lighting been consistent or did they do most of that stretching in the dark after germinating?)

Edit: I scrolled up and saw that you had them under CFL and then recently moved them to 300w MH.

If you want to use fluoros for germination then shoplights work rather well and will support a seedling just fine until a transplant to veg under the halide. They also have the advantage of being able to ride over the tops of the plants closer than the CFLs can. After germination, CFLs can get you more concentrated light than linear tubes; but early on, shoplights can deliver more intense light to young seedlings with less energy expended.
    I got my hands on a couple of them cfl flood lights and there 23 watts and 6500k and seem to work pretty damn good on my seedling and so far 3 and 4 week old vegging plants and rooting clones. With a couple of the regular cfl's in the box the plants started to lean towards them floodlight cfls, Less light being wasted and concentrated more on the canopy.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456