Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 566/0
    Given: 103/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    Pics
    G31Attachment 59753Attachment 59754

DPK#1 & #2Attachment 59755

The backup G31 is doing well but the backup DPK stalled.

N
    Ahhhh thats why I dont wanna do hydroponics lol

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Ahhhh thats why I dont wanna do hydroponics lol
    What's why you don't want to do hydro? I thought they looked Ok. A little bit of a problem trying out different methods but all the same...

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Vegetative Member Provisionseeds's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

What's why you don't want to do hydro? I thought they looked Ok. A little bit of a problem trying out different methods but all the same...

N
    Because theres so many factors of things can go wrong lol. Soil is so for giving especially in large scale.

Thumbs Up/Down

Because theres so many factors of things can go wrong lol. Soil is so for giving especially in large scale.
    Oh Ok I thought you spotted a problem. It's true that hydro is tricky but the results will justify it all in the end. I'm pretty sure I'll stick with DWC for awhile, my baggers look great and the TS yield went up about 70% over previous grows. The original DPK where doing great until I screwed up and the Dr Willards has made a noticeable difference...time will tell.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

All good now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1152.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	59791Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1153.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	59792

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

DPK/G31 update

Name:	DSCN1156.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	59869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1157.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	59870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1158.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	59871

Still having issues getting them started, but I'll figure it out. Bought a 400w MH bulb so these girls will go under that in the big room till 8 weeks of veg, no room in veg cabinet. Gonna go for it eh?

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

DPK/G31 update

Name:	DSCN1156.JPG 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	59869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1157.JPG 
Views:	40 
ID:	59870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1158.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	59871

Still having issues getting them started, but I'll figure it out. Bought a 400w MH bulb so these girls will go under that in the big room till 8 weeks of veg, no room in veg cabinet. Gonna go for it eh?

N
    Whats the one in the white bucket?

Thumbs Up/Down

Whats the one in the white bucket?
    That's the G31. The root ball is too big for the PB containers and I can't move them to big room for a couple of weeks. I'm going to have to do something for the DPK pretty soon as well. The small one is the back up G31 to replace the ones that didn't crack, so I end up with 4 plants.
    It's starting to dry out around here so as soon as I get caught up with yard work I'll be starting yer seed case.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

That's the G31. The root ball is too big for the PB containers and I can't move them to big room for a couple of weeks. I'm going to have to do something for the DPK pretty soon as well. The small one is the back up G31 to replace the ones that didn't crack, so I end up with 4 plants.
    It's starting to dry out around here so as soon as I get caught up with yard work I'll be starting yer seed case.

N
    Loving the girls right now. The g31 sure kicking it lol

Thumbs Up/Down

DPK/g31 day 44 from seed.
    The DPK are now shooting past the G31. They've been fimmed (or topped my eye-sight isn't what it once was.) Trimmed as well. For LST I'm using sinkers which works great, no strings to deal with easy to adjust and move, or remove. They're sucking up 2 liters of water daily. I'm gonna chop this weekend so theses girls can go in the big room under 400w HID for another four weeks of veg (best laid plans).

Name:	DSCN1188.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	59939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1189.JPG 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	59940Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1190.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	59941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1191.JPG 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	59942
    The small G31 is day 22.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

DPK/g31 day 44 from seed.
    The DPK are now shooting past the G31. They've been fimmed (or topped my eye-sight isn't what it once was.) Trimmed as well. For LST I'm using sinkers which works great, no strings to deal with easy to adjust and move, or remove. They're sucking up 2 liters of water daily. I'm gonna chop this weekend so theses girls can go in the big room under 400w HID for another four weeks of veg (best laid plans).

Name:	DSCN1188.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	59939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1189.JPG 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	59940Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1190.JPG 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	59941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1191.JPG 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	59942
    The small G31 is day 22.

N
    Thats awesome looking. Now im gonna go shopping for sinkers.

See that? Even we are still learning.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Provisionseeds View Post
    Thats awesome looking. Now im gonna go shopping for sinkers.

See that? Even we are still learning.
    I didn't want to drill a bunch of holes in my lids and in the past I found the tie downs where an enormous pain in the ass. I use a piece of 14 gauge copper, it's thick enough that it doesn't damage the plant and is easy to work with. You end up with some really curvy stems...looks kinda cool.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 478/1

Oh, I see. You did that.

I was about to call a male based on the balls in pic #2
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 825/0
    Given: 904/1

hows the dpk and g31 nohib cant wait to see the progress they have made?

Thumbs Up/Down

DPK/g31 Update. Finally! On Sunday I put the 400w mh in the big room and got the the girls all set up in their new digs. GH 3 part, Pro-silicate and H202 to start, nutrients at 1/2 recommended. Today I did some trimming, which I rarely do so it was a guessing game. I did some more training using weights which are working great, although I will have to buy more. The one issue I'm having is the new bulb. Because of its shape and the air flow inside the tube it bounces around so I put a support under the socket to stabilize it. If I hadn't it would have smashed against the tube. It still vibrates but is in no danger of being damaged.
    Here's some pics. On the right the DPK which caught up with and passed the G31 in height. The small one is a replacement G31. The DPK and larger G31 are now starting week 5 veg and the small G31 is finishing week 4 (I think). From here I will start increasing nutrients slowly until they complain.

Name:	DSCN1195.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	59961Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1196.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	59962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1197.JPG 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	59963
    Feel free to criticize, this my first go at an 8 week veg and I lost my last run of DPK to grower error (ignorance). I'm sticking with these two strains until I get them down pat except for my TS which will go in with them next run. The BS run turned out nice. The buds from the dehydrator are curing now, whatever it is, it's really good smoke. The buds however where very loose and so I'll fall short of expectations weight wise when all is said and done. If I'm lucky 3-4 ozs, I was looking at over 5...bummer. The chance of running out is the only thing that will stop the 8 week veg. I don't like going off shore for meds and the last couple of times I was disappointed.

So there ya have it. I get by with a little help from my friends...

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

looking good nohib, 8 week veg your gonna have some thick bushes bro, keep up the good work cant wait to see ya flower them.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks Sam. One thing I failed to consider is the growth spurt when they go 12/12. I'll be training constantly to keep them under control.

It rained again last night, when will it end? It's really screwing up the my of getting at the woodworking and a lot of other work that needs doing. I have to do it all outside and the material is acclimatised. Ideal humidity for woodworking is around 37% and it's been 60-80 and sometimes 100%. I need a week of dry hot weather to get things going. I will get to it.

Peace Bro

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

DPK/G31 update. I've read so many times that you should change your CFLs yearly but I'm cheap and have been using the same 16 for a few years now, saying "they work just fine"...not! Since I put the DPK and G31 under the 400w HID they have taken off and I'm thinking I may not be able to go a full 8 week veg so I'm just going to play it by ear. I was just reading Tripping420s thread "dpk freebies grow" and the discussion about height. So a question for da boyz at ProV. How much increase in height when I flip them to 12/12. This morning I did some more training so they look a little limp but it's just the weights pulling them down. Oh, and a note about the weights. I've found that the weight doesn't have to cause the branch to bend you just hook 'em on and then pull the branch were you want it. The weights will hold it there.

Name:	DSCN1198.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	59976Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1199.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	59977Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1200.JPG 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	59978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1201.JPG 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	59979

This is mid week 5 of veg. The most I can go is around 48-50 inches.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

DPK/G31 update. I've read so many times that you should change your CFLs yearly but I'm cheap and have been using the same 16 for a few years now, saying "they work just fine"...not! Since I put the DPK and G31 under the 400w HID they have taken off and I'm thinking I may not be able to go a full 8 week veg so I'm just going to play it by ear. I was just reading Tripping420s thread "dpk freebies grow" and the discussion about height. So a question for da boyz at ProV. How much increase in height when I flip them to 12/12. This morning I did some more training so they look a little limp but it's just the weights pulling them down. Oh, and a note about the weights. I've found that the weight doesn't have to cause the branch to bend you just hook 'em on and then pull the branch were you want it. The weights will hold it there.

Name:	DSCN1198.JPG 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	59976Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1199.JPG 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	59977Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1200.JPG 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	59978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1201.JPG 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	59979

This is mid week 5 of veg. The most I can go is around 48-50 inches.

N
    To put a number on how much they will stretch is hard. Many factors come into play. Best thing to do is to flower them at 18 or 20 inches to be safe. Then if you run them again later on you would have a better idea of the stretch.

I would say they double in height sometimes not even.

Thumbs Up/Down

nohib how tall are they now? there looking awesome bro.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by samhigh View Post
    nohib how tall are they now? there looking awesome bro.
    Hey Sam. The two DPK are 17-18" and the big G31 is 15" but I just brought that G31 down atleast 3" because one top was stretching (LST with weights). The nutes are at 1/2, my water is almost clear (same for the BS grow.) Problem with the BS run was the buds were very open, not nice tight nugs but the smoke is very good. I'll have to do some reading and see if that was because of the strain, pheno, or grower. I mix every 7 days or so regardless of numbers (I don't add water) so next feed I'll boost them to 3/4. When I was at Cancer Care with Mamma the nurse gave me a handful of new syringes, 3 ml, 5 ml, and 10 ml so I can be very accurate when mixing. Even doing it that way it only takes me 20 minutes to do all 4 buckets and it takes about 10 minutes every day to check numbers and adjust. Oh sorry what was the question again? lol

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

you don't have to worry about airy buds with these two strains, if your about 15-18 inches in height your getting close to blooming these girls. cant wait to see the girls bloom in dwc, looking great nohib.

Thumbs Up/Down

Gonna go six weeks, looking to increase yield.

N

Sent from my LG-P705g using Tapatalk
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

DPK/G31 update. Well I decided to check my calendar and today is day 55 from seed which is just under 8 weeks. So I'll be switching to 12/12 within the next few days. In the beginning the G31 caught up with and passed the G31 but that changed under HID and now the DPK are the brutes. The G31 may need different mix but this is working for DPK. Here's todays pics...

Name:	DSCN1228.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	60011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1229.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	60012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1230.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	60013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1231.JPG 
Views:	22 
ID:	60014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1232.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	60015

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 658/0
    Given: 667/1

Their looking really good, you'll notice the difference going 8 weeks for sure!!
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast