Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dpk/g31

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Don't have the PK but I'm looking forward to trying the G31. They're coming down this weekend and Mamma has advised me that her DPK is to be air dried. I'll probably just use dehydrator for daily needs and leave the rest on the screens. I'll do next run with normal 4 week veg just to see the difference, 2 of each. Probably throw a couple of TS in for my asthma. I'll have a fair amount of trim after this comes down so I'll do some cooking this winter.

Peace

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Vegetative Member Provisionseeds's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 566/0
    Given: 103/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    Don't have the PK but I'm looking forward to trying the G31. They're coming down this weekend and Mamma has advised me that her DPK is to be air dried. I'll probably just use dehydrator for daily needs and leave the rest on the screens. I'll do next run with normal 4 week veg just to see the difference, 2 of each. Probably throw a couple of TS in for my asthma. I'll have a fair amount of trim after this comes down so I'll do some cooking this winter.

Peace

N
    Does she like the dpk nohib? Does it help?

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey Jimmy glad you're feeling better. I just took a sample so I won't really know 'til I air dry/cure some. Based on the sample we both like it and seeing how it will only improve with age I'm thinking that this strain will help both of us a lot. My neck is finally quiet, thankfully. As for Mamma, and she's very critical, she says it's a keeper.
    In her case the med is to fight tumor growth which cannabis is proven to do.

All four plants are very heavy with trichs which were clouding at day 45 and the pistils were red much earlier than I'm used to. Two of the best strains I've grown so far and fast, especially the G31 which I'm really looking forward to trying.

In short
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey Jimmy glad you're feeling better. I just took a sample so I won't really know 'til I air dry/cure some. Based on the sample we both like it and seeing how it will only improve with age I'm thinking that this strain will help both of us a lot. My neck is finally quiet, thankfully. As for Mamma, and she's very critical, she says it's a keeper.
    In her case the med is to fight tumor growth which cannabis is proven to do.

All four plants are very heavy with trichs which were clouding at day 45 and the pistils were red much earlier than I'm used to. Two of the best strains I've grown so far and fast, especially the G31 which I'm really looking forward to trying.

In short
    Thats really awesome to hear, best part of the job is that the strain has helped more people.

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Here's what I did wrong this time.
    I harvested DPK#1 yesterday after finding her on her side (again). This plant has toppled a couple of times and it was the practice plant in regard to trimming and training (fail). Anyway there was a ton of buds, bud they were all airy (foxtailed). It was pretty apparent this was happening but the other 3 plants seem to have much tighter buds. The buds are caked in trichomes and smell/taste great. Nice effect and it does work for pain, my neck has been in agony for weeks...not now.
    There are a few reasons for the foxtailing, heat, light, sparse nutes, and maybe the dehydrator. Heat and reduced nutes were a factor here so next run it will definitely be cooler and I'll adjust accordingly. The entire balance of this grow will be air dried and cured the conventional way.
    DPK#2 is coming down today and will go on the screens. The buds are tighter but again the plants are sooo bushy and I'm a novice when it comes to trimming. Let you know.
    G31s are beautiful even the stretched lady (#2) has gorgeous tight buds covered in trichs. G31#1 is so pretty I hate to cut her down, again they look/feel tight and are covered in sugar.

As far as the end product so far...it's all about grower error, reading and adjusting will correct these problems.
    We're very happy with the effect. All around great strain so far.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Here's what I did wrong this time.
    I harvested DPK#1 yesterday after finding her on her side (again). This plant has toppled a couple of times and it was the practice plant in regard to trimming and training (fail). Anyway there was a ton of buds, bud they were all airy (foxtailed). It was pretty apparent this was happening but the other 3 plants seem to have much tighter buds. The buds are caked in trichomes and smell/taste great. Nice effect and it does work for pain, my neck has been in agony for weeks...not now.
    There are a few reasons for the foxtailing, heat, light, sparse nutes, and maybe the dehydrator. Heat and reduced nutes were a factor here so next run it will definitely be cooler and I'll adjust accordingly. The entire balance of this grow will be air dried and cured the conventional way.
    DPK#2 is coming down today and will go on the screens. The buds are tighter but again the plants are sooo bushy and I'm a novice when it comes to trimming. Let you know.
    G31s are beautiful even the stretched lady (#2) has gorgeous tight buds covered in trichs. G31#1 is so pretty I hate to cut her down, again they look/feel tight and are covered in sugar.

As far as the end product so far...it's all about grower error, reading and adjusting will correct these problems.
    We're very happy with the effect. All around great strain so far.

N
    Thanks nohib for growing it out. We are very happy that it helps you with your pain!

Thumbs Up/Down

Didn't take many pics of yield but here's the 3 tops from #2 G31. Both DPK and G31 where loaded but my trimming sucked and all the "interior buds" for lack of a better term, where starved for light and would have increased my yield a lot if I had gotten it right. When all is said and done I hope to see 6 1/2 ozs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1440.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	264.5 KB 
ID:	60462

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Didn't take many pics of yield but here's the 3 tops from #2 G31. Both DPK and G31 where loaded but my trimming sucked and all the "interior buds" for lack of a better term, where starved for light and would have increased my yield a lot if I had gotten it right. When all is said and done I hope to see 6 1/2 ozs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1440.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	264.5 KB 
ID:	60462

N
    takes practice =)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 825/0
    Given: 904/1

nohibn congrats on the harvest, glad you and mamma will have some meds, if you haven't tried the g31 your gonna love it, I took an early sample and it was great.

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey Sam, thanx.
    Actually when I put the G31 trim in the dehydrator I threw all the popcorn in with it and it just occurred to me to try it. Which we are right now and Mamma gives it two thumbs up, She likes the taste, it's not harsh out of the dehydrator, just waiting to see if it puts me to sleep like the DPK. It seems to help my asthma as well.
    If I do a run with 4 week veg I should have a decent stash so it will be going in again at the end of the month. That'll be it for my G31 beans so I'll have to get back into cloning. The G31 grows fast so it should be easy to get decent cuts.

Thanx for all your help and support brother.

Peace

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

*&%^$#%!!# Learning hydro argh!
    So I weighed my green bud & trim, did the math and should expect a dried weight (25%) of over 6 oz. It's been on the screens for two days and it's rapidly disappearing. It's disheartening to watch.
    I'm guessing the plants where very wet (DWC?) and the heat/humidity issues this summer caused them to be airy (striving to cool themselves and transpire). Anyway the quality is there just not the yield I'd hoped for. Next run it will be considerably cooler and I will apply what I've learned so far. I'll put the remaining G31 in with some more DPK as well as. First I have to address the light issue in my veg cab. To replace all my cfls will cost me well over $100 bucks so I'm thinking I'll set up some 4' T8s which I have lots of, just need tubes which are cheap or I'll just veg them under my 400w HID bulb in my big room and then switch bulbs when it's time to flower. One way or the other...

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

Yeah, that summer heat can just *kill* yields.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

New Run started.
    2 DPK, 2 G31 (and a TS for Pappa). Both of these strains are keepers.

Seeds cracked and in jiffy, husks are off.

Both DWC and G31 in paper towel for 36 hrs.

New feeding schedule fingered out.
    GH 3 part, silica, H202

Starting under CFLs until roots are established then into 1 (US) gal buckets under 400W MH (dimmed to 300w for first week or two). Probably veg 4 weeks.
    I did away with the peanut butter containers because they don't have enough room for root growth.

I looked at SOG etc and my logic says smaller plants mean more plants but that also mean smaller yield per plant. I don't know if that stands up under scrutiny but for now just a normal grow plus I like my plants set up so I don't have to do too much bending over.

Peace

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

New Run started.
    2 DPK, 2 G31 (and a TS for Pappa). Both of these strains are keepers.

Seeds cracked and in jiffy, husks are off.

Both DWC and G31 in paper towel for 36 hrs.

New feeding schedule fingered out.
    GH 3 part, silica, H202

Starting under CFLs until roots are established then into 1 (US) gal buckets under 400W MH (dimmed to 300w for first week or two). Probably veg 4 weeks.
    I did away with the peanut butter containers because they don't have enough room for root growth.

I looked at SOG etc and my logic says smaller plants mean more plants but that also mean smaller yield per plant. I don't know if that stands up under scrutiny but for now just a normal grow plus I like my plants set up so I don't have to do too much bending over.

Peace

N
    rock it this time nohib!

Thumbs Up/Down

Roots showing on all 4 in 2 days. Plain tap water "under the dome".

N
    Nohibition

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

good stuff my man, keepin an eye on this for sure
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 825/0
    Given: 904/1

cant wait to see ya get going bro, your gonna blow it up this time, second time around with a strain is always better. good luck bro

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanx Sam. Went back to paper towel and no problems, 100% germed. They took off and I'm impressed with how quickly they rooted but the cfls are very old they're hungry for light (stretching) so I moved them under the MH and turned it down to 300w. More early trimming and training this time these girls are soooo bushy.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Roots showing on all 4 in 2 days. Plain tap water "under the dome".
    Don't let Big Jim get to your eggs.

Went back to paper towel and no problems, 100% germed
    Whatever works. I'll pre-germinate in a small strip of terrycloth until they begin to succumb to spores and stop popping reliably, then I'll move back to planting directly in 'spent' mix (no new organics added, recycled from last flowering round) until they begin to show reduced rates due to larvae infestation (usually fungus gnats or white worms).

It would be more convenient if I could simply plant them and have them rise, but popping them first and then planting them gives them a headstart over whatever microbes live in the soil.

Alternately, I don't always get to the beans to plant them in proper time after I've placed them in cloth to germinate; usually I place them when I happen to have a burst of energy but it dies out a few days before the beans are ready.

Currently I'm trying out popping in vermiculite to be free of any insect larvae (as it is exfoliated rock) however my first test had about the same success rate as the other methods.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Puppy training pads have been workin like a charm for my germination rates. Buy a pack for under 5 buck and Im still cuttin strips out of my first pad. No spores or worries about dryin out on me. Must be the best thing that I stumbled upon to germinate seeds yet.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

I took an old worn terrycloth towel to a papercutter (you know, the hinged guillotine finger-chopper kind) to section it into squares and then regular scissors to cut it into smaller squares and then strips as needed.

That was a year or two ago, I'm no longer sure as I've been using the same towel for that long - always disposing of each strip after one use (they begin to smell sour after a few days).

That's normally a reliable method, however they do fuzz over from time to time if left too warm for too long or allowed to dry out mid way, but veggies seeds seem to pop just fine in regular mix when barely cared for so I'm going to start pretending that spinach really, really matters to me.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Stretch, stretch, stretch, all 5 are reaching for the sun. By last night the TS was well over 3". I had to put a bamboo skewer in to support it, looks like a piece of green string. The DPK/G31 are doing the same but not as extreme about 2"+. All but one DPK have taps about 3/4" out of jiffy, fat, fuzzy and fast.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

What sort of light are they getting?

(and has this lighting been consistent or did they do most of that stretching in the dark after germinating?)

Edit: I scrolled up and saw that you had them under CFL and then recently moved them to 300w MH.

If you want to use fluoros for germination then shoplights work rather well and will support a seedling just fine until a transplant to veg under the halide. They also have the advantage of being able to ride over the tops of the plants closer than the CFLs can. After germination, CFLs can get you more concentrated light than linear tubes; but early on, shoplights can deliver more intense light to young seedlings with less energy expended.
    Last edited by Shadimar; 10-20-2014 at 08:32 AM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanx Shad
    I'm not too concerned because it's not a consistant problem. My CFLs are old but I would expect the stretching to stop under the MH if the issue is light. They are on clear volitilized water. I have 24" & 48" t8s as well. I guess I'll have to wait until I crack some more beans to see if it happens gain.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Usually that's all it is, and most often it's just that seedlings popped in the dark (and then were forgotten about for a few days ) as opposed to under a bright light that would have kept them hugging the soil-line.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast