Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 2/0

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default BHO Safety Measures

SO I'm reading through the local news and seeing that today another person blew up their home, suffered terrible burns and now faces prosecution for arson and drug manufacturing. This is happening at the alarming rate of about 2-4 per month in my county depending on the month.

Ideally people will leave BHO to an extraction tech with a proper facillity and equipment and avoid all the risk. JUst in case here's a few safety tips to keep you out of the hospital and then jail from an old firefighter and Oiler:

1. Do it outside. This greatly reduces the chances of developing the right fuel to air ratio for a deflagration or detonation (A deflagration is a propagation of a combustion zone at a velocity less than the speed of sound in the unreacted medium. A detonation is a propagation of a combustion zone at a velocity greater than the speed of sound in the unreacted medium. An explosion is the bursting or rupture of an enclosure or container due to the development of internal pressure from a deflagration or detonation as defined in NFPA 69.)

2. Do it when there's a little wind. This further reduces chances of fire by carrying away your evaporating butane before it forms an ignitable mixture with air.

3. Control ALL ignition sources. Gas water heaters, light switches, static electricity discharge, the neighbors BBQ, a passing cig smoker, HVAC components, etc can all cause ignition at the right fuel to air ratio. Think long and hard about controling any possible source of ignition even in an outdoor setting. Water can be sprayed to help control static electricity but the rest are about maintaining a safety zone around you and absolutely controlling ALL ignition sources.

4. Keep away while the liquid butane is boiling off. There's no reason whatsoever to be any closer than you must to maintain your safe work zone during boil off. This is probably the most critical period of the extraction. The further you are from it the less likely you will be injured in the event of an ignition.

5. DO IT SOBER!!! If you have to have explained the enumerable reasons for not being stoned or in any other way intoxicated then you really should stop right here and go no further.

6. KNOW THE RISKS! This is a dangerous operation. People are severely injured and incarcerated frequently as a result of making BHO. It can happen to anybody.
    What's the difference between a pun and a fart? One is a shift of wit.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 692/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

i make wax all the time
    OUT SIDE lol
    good advice

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/0
    Given: 5/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

OMG.....I not kidding u...this happened to me in my kitchen...I has the gas already passed and had a nice golden look to it...next thing I know whoooosssssshhhhh...fire..big fuck off ball of it...was like in slow motion..curtains went up in fire..but was not to bad...had to paint the kitchen..I swear it happened so fast...at that point..I just froze and was panicked...it just happened so so fast...now if I do make some oil...I do it outside..it's the only way..I mean..how hard can it be to find a safe place to do this...back yard..as u say over ur side of the pond...we just say back garden....anyways use ur head...and u get to keep it...it's that easy...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

The arson charge seems improper to me even if we give them the manufacturing charge despite it simply being an extraction/concentration.

The point of safety, however, is not over emphasized.

Might I also mention that Isopropanol should be evaporated outdoors with a fan or electric heat. You can rather safely boil it away on a stove using water as a heat moderator but then you've likely filled your kitchen and connecting rooms with alcohol vapours (which will leave your throat feeling raw if you breathe it in for long).
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

plus to be honest...idont know why anyone would make this stuff....unless for med reasons...its to easy to kill yourself or ur family...plus to many unknowns about it...as with most stuff..the first time u make it ...u cant wait to smoke it...and rush in and start smoking it...while not all the gas has gone...to be sure...48 hours is ok to wait..but for best...putaside for longer...I was one that rushed in...and I ended up getting a wee rash on my arms...so I ended up stop running it...that are much safer ways to get the goodness from ur suger leafs...bubblebags....many many ways....
    JUST BE SAFE AND OPEN A WINDOW OR 3....IF UR DOING INSIDE

Flowering Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 0/0

I dont know about butane but the weight of propane is very heavy so when it leaks it goes right to the floor and flows like water so when you install appliances that use this its important that it have a seep hole to run out.

Thumbs Up/Down

Propane is a 3-carbon gas (C3H8) and butane is a 4-carbon gas (C4H10) so I expect it to be denser still.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I totally forgot that I had made some oil with 99%isopropyl a few weeks back and put aside till I en this thread. Sure does look like it decreased in yeild over the past couple weeks. Still gets me nice and stoned though.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

What do you mean by?
    Sure does look like it decreased in yeild over the past couple weeks.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Well when I gather'd it all up and left it in the dish I cooked it down in with a cover to keep the dust off. Just looks like its harder and less plyable, Not so much an oil but a waxy substance. Tastes pretty damn good, I can tell that c-99 is in the mix. potent, just not as much as if I put it in a vail or sumthin
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Yes ur rite ...gas without a flame does drop to floor..but I dare u to put a lite to it..and see were it ends up...unless u had this happen then easy to talk...but once gas goes up in flames..shoot up to the havens..not even the gods could stop that..god I wish I could spell..as it's in my head what I want to say...I just can't put it down...but easy way is utube it..look at gas making a mist on floor....then look as gas going up in flames..but I hear what ur saying..could u just see it....fire staying low to floow...if it's hell we know..then were all gona go.