Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 294/0
    Given: 220/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

They are just regular old 6 inch square pots that I got from the hydroponics shop. I think Hydrofarm makes them.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 825/0
    Given: 904/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

thanks bro in a sea of green you can really pack them in with little wasted space. getting close on this grow cant wait to get a report after you've tried some.

Thumbs Up/Down

Yeah I'm really considering taking down one or two of the NS because a couple of them just look DONE! I'm going out there today with a magnifying glass and looking at trichomes. I'm about to run out of the last little bit of indica-dom medicine I have, so I need to get something drying, and fast.

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Day 58.

I took down the first plant of the garden today!

I went ahead and harvested the smallest Northern Skunk of the bunch, NS2. It also turns out that this one was one of the first two plants in the garden to show pistils, according to my notes. So not only did it begin flowering the earliest, but it stayed very small in the end. I don't really have room for low-yielders, regardless of how potent they might end up being, so it was an easy decision to go ahead and pull her first. She was ready anyway, although she could have used a few more days, just like the rest of the NS. Anyway, here she is:

As you can see she is quite beautiful, and photogenic. So are all of her sisters, too. This is a beautiful hybrid that I would use as an ornamental plant to landscape with if the laws were different. Striking colors with a beautiful striation on the fan leaves... Just gorgeous!

Her structure kind of reminds me of a Cheese plant I grew one time. Interestingly enough, her smell reminds me of that cheese plant too, just, milder. The cheese smelled like rotten fried chicken mixed with burnt rubber. This one just vaguely gives me whiffs of burnt rubber. But overall it's not very stinky at all. Very little smell, actually. Anyway, this one never did stand out to me for any particular reason during any part of this grow, so I'm not going to reveg her or anything like that.
    Last edited by hush; 08-02-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs Up/Down

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Well I just checked on the NS2 and it was done drying. So I clipped the buds off the stem and weighed them. The final yield on this one is 20 grams.

As soon as I smoke it I will give a smoke report, I promise. Here's the top bud:

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 825/0
    Given: 904/1

nice looking bud bro, that's some trich covered tight bud. cant wait for the smoke report, the ns is for real your gonna love it. beautiful plants hush, congrats on a job well done. happy harvesting

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks brother.

Time for a bunch of pics! Day 61:

I haven't shown this Northern Skunk pheno before. There are 2 plants exhibiting this strange flower formation. Here's one of them:

Here's the other:

This next one I haven't really shown either, but it's actually been standing out to me all along... Literally! She is officially the tallest plant in the entire garden now, having recently surpassed the tallest SS. She is also becoming quite colorful, and it appears she will be the largest yielder of them all. This is apparently a sativa-leaning phenotype of Northern Skunk:

But while we're talking about the NS, I also need to show the most colorful one of them all, which will probably be harvested next, and is already on the list of keepers. So beautiful!

Next up is the tallest Sweet Skunk, and up to recently had been the tallest plant in the whole garden. This is the only plant I've had to stake up because it was leaning. I don't think its stem is as sturdy as the NS. But this is apparently a sativa pheno, and it should be a large yielder:

Last but not least, here is that beautiful, dark-purple one, basking in the artificial Sun:

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Right on Hush it just seems like last week you were germinatin them seeds time flew by this past couple months eh. Enjoy my man Ns is one potent strain. I got a ten pack here still that I need to start one day soon. Probebly next round I just started one each Blueberry, Green poison, Northern lights, Sweet skunk and three epic kush auto's, The BB has the fattest leafs of all them, Been above the soil for about 9 days now and is growin its true leafs now. Cant wait Im gonna pollinate the Blueberry with the fast version (6week flowering cycle) Green poison to try to get that blueberry to finish within the 6 weeks to make "poison berry" Well thats the plan anyways. Out of three bb seeds I started only one came to life to crossing my finger on that one. Great growth on all of them strains so far under two 23 watt 4500k CFL flood lights that I started to use last round with great success. Gonna see what they do under them full time this round. So far so good. Harvesting some Texada Northern Lights in about two days they are goin in the dark for 48 hrs to see if I can get more resins like some say that shock ripening does. 56 days since flippin the lights to 12/12 so will be smokin some by this time next week Yaaaa. Take it easy hyushy
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Right on man, it sure does seem like I only just germinated them seeds! Time sure does fly. But yeah, this is only the beginning of the harvest, seeing as how I've only chopped 1 out of 25 plants so far. Make sure you keep a journal going so I can see your plants grow. I'm also interested in seeing your TxNL harvest, since I'll probably be ordering some Texada crosses in my next purchase.

And yes, the NS does seem to be one hell of a potent strain! I have a preliminary smoke report for y'all...

Last night after dinner I was manicuring the lower buds and I decided to go ahead and smoke some. I ended up smoking a couple of bowls worth, because it tasted real nice, so I probably got way higher than I normally would, but this shit is FIRE! It has just enough of a head high to constantly remind me that I'm high, but the feeling is mostly in the body. It's a very nice body high, actually! Highly euphoric! I was vibrating all over as I laid down to sleep. Now, because I smoked shortly before I went to bed, I can't comment too much on a lot of the effects. I mean, I was already sleepy, and I was laying down in bed watching "How Stuff Works" so I wasn't up and about, and can't comment on how couch-locky it is, or anything like that. But as a bedtime smoke it was everything I could ask for... MORE, actually, since I wasn't expecting that lovely euphoric body buzz!

All I know is I felt fantastic last night, and I woke up this morning not feeling hungover or still stoned, like I've experienced in the past with strains such as White Widow and Point of No Return.

Thumbs Up/Down

I harvested the dark Sweet Skunk tonight! This is SS1:

Here's an after shot, that shows how I chop plants that I'm going to reveg:

Last edited by hush; 08-06-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

Those are some seriously tight nugs! Very nice, very nice indeed.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 12/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Congrats on the harvest so far! They all look really nice so far. That "albino" BB is really interesting looking. There is actually a thing as verigated Cannabis. It's a genetic condition that only affects, in a straight line, one side of a leaf, stem or plant! Most albinoism I thought was blanching from the light. This how ever doesn't seem like either. Although a slight chimerism is still possible. Awesome anyways!

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks for chiming in, much appreciated. I agree with your assessment there, really. I don't believe it is an albino because there is some pigment at all. I haven't ruled out blanching or bleaching from the intense light, but next time she will be grown out under less light in order to rule that out. She doesn't accurately represent a plant that is variegated, so it's hard to say that's what it is. Ultimately, I'm starting to learn toward this being a mutation or even a chimerism like you said there. That's very astute of you.

Thumbs Up/Down

That intense light is what gave you the tight nugs, though. Cut back on the light too much and they'll loosen up a lot. At least that's been my experience.

On the flip side, if your light is *too* intense, the THC degrades to CBN, so you really need to find a balance that works well for you and your ladies.

Thumbs Up/Down

^ Agreed. I didn't mean to suggest I would be putting it under a desk lamp or anything like that. No, I just meant it will be under slightly less light, in the LED tent.

I harvested all the Blueberries last night, except for the variegated one. I didn't take any pictures because, frankly, I was too exhausted. But whatever, I'll show them when they're dried. I just had too many things going on. I only set aside 2 of them to be revegged, based on their blueberry smell. The rest weren't really special in any particular way. But the ones that smell like blueberry are also bluish colored with purple and red highlights, so they look nice, too. One of them stands out more than the other in terms of weight and structure, but I kept both of them in case one doesn't make it.

Thumbs Up/Down

I just harvested two more Northern Skunks. One of them is the colorful one I've been mentioning for a while now, with an awesome, symmetrical structure. I knew it would be a keeper for a long time now. The other one never really stood out to me for any reason, other than the fact that it was a funky indica pheno that has spiky looking foxtails on the top bud. I showed pictures of this pheno recently. Also this plant has a visible nanner up in the main cola, so even if she had stood out to me before, I would probably not have kept this one. Anyway, on with the pictures...

This is NS1, the most colorful plant in the garden:

And here is NS7:

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 658/0
    Given: 667/1

There looking really good! When I grew out the ss I never got any purpling on my plants,maybe its the smaller containers.....Anyways happy harvesting..
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks. And yeah, I know, when I first started seeing the purpling I started searching all over the Web trying to find evidence that other people had purple Sweet Skunks, to no avail. At first it even made me wonder if I was sent the right strain, lol. But I don't know, they kind of resemble the SS that a guy (etinarcadiaego) over at icmag has pictures of in his albums. I think he has an account here, too, actually, under the name B4THC4T or something like that. Anyway, I've decided that it's probably due to the cold night time temps in the garden. Because of the air conditioner, which I leave on full blast 24/7, it dips down to 58F at night. I'm not complaining though. The colors are pretty!

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 12/0

Whatever you did they look great! Wasn't your albino in the middle of the lot? I think you found some interesting genetics. It's covered in trichs too right? Can't wait to see if its potent! Do you have a clone of this plant or have you bred anything with it?

Thumbs Up/Down

The albino is still in the tent. Haven't brought it down yet. Yes it does appear to have good trichome coverage, and the top bud is really dense, to the point where I can't see many of the individual flowers... but I think there might be some nanners... I can't quite tell yet, because everything is white! White white everywhere, lol. I think I will take that one down tomorrow, probably, but I'm still on the fence. I do think I have found some gems here.

I don't have a clone of that one, but I'm pretty sure it'll be an easy reveg. After the reveg I will breed the shit out of her!

Thumbs Up/Down

The SS1 finished drying. Total weight was 17 grams. Here's the top bud:

Thumbs Up/Down

That looks *so* tasty, but I know it's sativa dominant so I also know it's *so* bad for me and my migraines.

I hope it helps with what ails you.

Thumbs Up/Down

I've been smoking it already, and I can say that while it is certainly more sativa-leaning than the NS smoke I've sampled so far, it's still indica-dominant. At least, this first plant anyway. This is that dark purple skunk, and it definitely grew like an indica. I prefer indicas too for my ailments. But sativas can be fun! I'm sure that the tall phenos that are still out in the garden will be sativa-dominant, so those might end up being more recreational for me.

For what ails me, I like a good heavy indica. So far the NS is more to my liking.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thought I'd show a quick pic of the plants that remain in the garden:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast