Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 294/0
    Given: 220/0

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Here are a few pics of that "albino" Blueberry:

After seeing it with the camera flash like that, I'm under the impression this pheno is basically like a variegated-leaved plant. It appears the plant is producing less pigment to reflect the light away. I'm having a hunch that this might be a low-light pheno that might even do better under less intense light. I'll have to experiment with her more in the future.

Thumbs Up/Down

Here's the pollinated Blueberry, which doesn't seem to look like the pollen did anything:

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 475/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

No, I see 5 seeds on the way.

Try to contain yourself.

Whoah.

Hold on now.

C'mon.

I said whoah, boy. It's only a handful o' beans.

{this goes on for another 15 minutes}
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I forgot to post a public Thank you for that assessment... So thank you!! I sure do hope I get seeds. No matter what, I'm already going to try revegging this one, because she is the only one of the entire bunch that smells strongly like real blueberries... unmistakably so! My wife says specifically "like blueberry crisp" while I say like blueberry pancakes. Either way, I'll take it.

Shad, can you tell me if there are any complications to be aware of when revegging a plant that went to seed? I have a 100% success rate in general with revegging plants, but I'm curious about the fact of whether a plant that made seeds will be able to reveg. I mean, I've never made seeds before so I don't know, this is new to me... Not sure if the seed making process causes the plant to terminate itself after making seeds? Is that a dumb question, lol?

Thumbs Up/Down

Here are a few pics of the albino Blueberry, which I will be calling the variegated Blueberry from now on:

Thumbs Up/Down

Day 43:

Here's the most colorful plant in the garden, one of the Skunks:

And here is the Northern Skunk that stands out to me most, because of the smell, which is like sweet fruity candy:

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Why do you call her albino, I had one albino blueberry but my plant was completely white, leaves, steam, no green anywhere. This was caused accidently by me, a tower fell over the plant overnight, and plant got completely white next morrning, plant growed fine afterward but turned to be male so was removed.

Thumbs Up/Down

Mostly because the only time I ever really see any green on her is when the lighting is just right. She is not actually white colored, of course, but when you look at all the pictures in this thread of the entire garden, you will see how literally every other plant has green coloration but there's this one blinding white plant that reflects all the light that comes at her.

This is actually why I've decided to start calling her a variegated plant. When I look at this plant under very specific lighting conditions, like when I supply light from below, or when using a camera flash, I can actually see the variegation on the leaves. If you think of any other variegated plant, you might know what I'm talking about with the light reflection. This is actually a known biological mechanism that many plants of many species use to deal with high concentrations of light. I'm making an educated guess that that is what this place is exhibiting. Variegation.

But truly the plant is not white. It's more of a pale yellow-green/purplish color. The flowers are entirely white enough. I might try taking a picture of her outside of the grow room, where I can control the lighting and not have the orange glow of the HPS in the background, just to show this. Honestly, I've just been just waiting until after this grow is finished, and then when I reveg the plant I was going to show her in better light, with better photos.

Thumbs Up/Down

I decided to bring her inside the house this morning for a quick photo shoot in natural-colored light. I have all the window blinds open so daylight is pouring in, plus I turned on the overhead lighting which is 6500k LEDs. Everything is as natural-colored as I'm going to get it, to be able to show the colors as I see them in person:

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

ill still call her an albino hush, She's the lightest color'd plant in the garden so it may not be a 'TRUE" albino but still is a good way to recognize her when describing her for us. Hows she smellin these days?
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Meanwhile, back in the garden, there is one plant that is officially the frostiest in the entire garden, and it's a Northern Skunk. Here she is without flash:

With flash:

Yesterday I showed a Sweet Skunk that was the most colorful in the garden. Well today she is the second most colorful. She has been replaced by her sister:

I have to say, I'm surprised that the Sweet Skunks are the ones going purple. I don't remember that in the strain description, whereas the description for Northern Skunk actually mentions it. And those are just barely starting to turn color. Anyway, it's a pleasant surprise. The SS are among the most beautiful of all strains I've ever grown, I must admit.

The Northern Skunks are starting to change color though. Here's the one showing it the most:

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    ill still call her an albino hush, She's the lightest color'd plant in the garden so it may not be a 'TRUE" albino but still is a good way to recognize her when describing her for us. Hows she smellin these days?
    I just sniffed her a moment ago and I would have to say it's still very faint, but it's kind of slightly sweet, almost floral, and hints of vanilla.

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

Great looking plants, cheers! Ty for info, nice garden and cool looking albino

Thumbs Up/Down

The pollinated Blueberry, which now has at least one seed visible, bursting out of its calyx:

Thumbs Up/Down

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Day 50:

Here is the variegated blueberry, from above, to show the color:

This last one I'm gonna show tonight is officially now the most colorful plant in the garden. She's always been a real standout among her sisters in terms of structure, even though she has little aroma, but now with all the colors she stands out more. This just might be my keeper Northern Skunk right here:

Thumbs Up/Down

Well, yesterday I discovered that I had missed one of the plants the last time I watered them. Apparently this is another reason why hand watering is not the best method for me and my dumb ass. She wasn't dead, I mean, frankly, she was hanging on like a trooper. But she was all droopy and a few leaves were all crisped up. Fortunately it wasn't one of the ones that stood out in any particular way. Anyway, she survived, and I watered her last night. The rest of the garden is spectacular.

So yeah, after this harvest, I will no longer mess with hand watering. I'm too spacy to keep that up over the long-term.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 102/0
    Given: 224/0

i am in love with your garden ,haha
    i started growing trees a few yrs back and never looked back, my plant count was only 5 i had to go big to stay legal but after seeing this thread,im going to try smaller plants again 1-2 gallon max to see how i do , since i have the plant count to do it. i may as well.. should be easier to trim , easier to move them ,just easier all around.. im hoping .. and less veg time is always a bonus ..i picked up a 4x4 table a couple days ago which should make things a lot easier ..

keep up the awesome job..
    Its a known fact if you vaporize a mite his soul becomes yours ...

Thumbs Up/Down

^ Hey thanks, JaySun. That's a nice thing to hear. I gotta be honest, dealing with this many plants has been quite a chore, and it's not my typical method, but this would be SO much easier on a flood and drain table. My issue is I don't want to buy a chiller, and I have problems keeping my reservoir insulated in my current grow room situation, so a recirculating setup isn't practical for me right now. So for me, as someone who tends to go the DTW route, these kinds of plant numbers create a bit of work for me! I have to admit, I miss growing 5 large bushes at a time. I'll be going back to that method shortly, after I select my new mother plants.

But back in the day, when I first started growing indoors, I went the tightly-packed SOG route, on flood and drain tables, and it was pretty much the best, easiest, and most productive setup I've ever run. I especially love how easy it is to move the individual plantlets around as necessary, to keep the canopy as level as possible. Just, the modular aspect of individual 6" square pots all crammed onto a table is right up my alley!

I just need to move to a cooler environment so I can bury my reservoir half-into the ground, to keep it insulated by the cool Earth temperature. That's in the works already.

Thumbs Up/Down

I like short plants myself. I find that they are easier to take care of and the buds are bigger on more of the plant when they are under two feet tall at finish. My Cab Im able to grow up to 8 1 ft tall tight single cola dom plants or 5 2 and half footers comfortabley. Will be upgrading my height and width soon to be able to grow em tallear and more plants. If I can get room for 5 more than Im gonna be good to go.
    I harvested 4 Epic Kush plants three days back and will be harvesting 2 texada northern lights and three automatics in another 10 days or so. The TNL's are really packing on the weight and gonna be the most productive of all the strains I grew. You should give psbc's Texada Northern lights one day Hush you should like it. It sure does fill the jars, this will be my 4th harvest with her. I started 3 more Epic Kush's and one each of Psbc's Blueberry, Northern Lights and Sweet Skunk and one Sweet Seeds Green Poison FAst version about a week ago and they all are growing nice and fast.
    Cant wait to see your finished flowers on all them strains that your growin.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I plan on trying out each and every strain Peak carries, so I'll definitely get to the Texada crosses soon enough. I think next order will probably have a few of them, actually. I also still need to get some pure NL seeds. Also it would be great if he has another limited edition cross in the works right now. I missed out on his C99. But from what I understand he does these special strains on a regular basis, right?

I am really anxious to try these Northern Skunks out. They have completely surprised me! They weren't even on my original order... they came to me by mistake. It was just a simple order mixup, and Peak made it right by sending me the correct strain shortly after. But I went ahead and grew them out, and you all are along for the ride... just look how beautiful that last Northern Skunk that I pictured is! And one of them is absolutely coated in trichomes. I'll be keeping that one based purely on that alone. This is one quality F1 hybrid right here.

That being said, the Skunks are surprising me to for a pure variety like they are. Very beautiful, large plants, even if they don't have the vigor that the NS have. Very glad to have ordered them and collected pollen for future seed making.
    Last edited by hush; 07-29-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

the Northernskunks that I grew out were ok, but I liked the skunkberry better. I crossed a male northern skunk with a female skunkberry that produced some wicked strong smellin and potent plants.
    still have about 25 beans of that cross here for a future grow.
    still I did like how that Skunkberry did grow and the flowers where really frosty and the taste was nie and earthy,
    Stong effects also your gonna love it.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 825/0
    Given: 904/1

kim that's a terrible mix nsxsb send them to me and I will properly dispose of them for you.lol

hush your gonna have a nice selection to choose from for the effect you want.
    ss your sativa
    bb very euphoric
    ns, nl pheno, and skunk pheno(very good)

I had a skunk pheno of the ns, very nice indeed. nice work with the garden your gonna have some nice meds soon bro.

Thumbs Up/Down

Day 55:

My most colorful Northern Skunk:

And a quick shot of the frostiest NS:

A front shot of the Blueberries:

The variegated one:

The 2 best looking BBs:

And last but not least, the darkest of the Sweet Skunks... The leaves are so dark purple that they almost look black:

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    the Northernskunks that I grew out were ok, but I liked the skunkberry better. I crossed a male northern skunk with a female skunkberry that produced some wicked strong smellin and potent plants.
    still have about 25 beans of that cross here for a future grow.
    still I did like how that Skunkberry did grow and the flowers where really frosty and the taste was nie and earthy,
    Stong effects also your gonna love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by samhigh View Post
    kim that's a terrible mix nsxsb send them to me and I will properly dispose of them for you.lol

hush your gonna have a nice selection to choose from for the effect you want.
    ss your sativa
    bb very euphoric
    ns, nl pheno, and skunk pheno(very good)

I had a skunk pheno of the ns, very nice indeed. nice work with the garden your gonna have some nice meds soon bro.
    Thanks guys (sam you're funny!)

I actually do have a pack of Skunkberry in the fridge waiting for the next round in the small tent. They will go in right after the KxNLs are harvested. So it'll be a little while, but I'm looking forward to it because those were the whole reason I felt inspired to order from Peak in the first place! They were the ones that got mixed up on my first order, when they sent me NS by accident. So I had to let them know of the mistake and wait for a second shipment to get those, but Peak made everything right, and I'm a loyal customer now!

I can't wait to smoke some Northern Skunk... those look the best to me right now. I think they will be done the soonest of all the strains, too. The frostiest one, with the most trichomes, looks almost done right now. I could totally harvest that one on day 56 if I wanted to, but I'm gonna let her go another week after that to see if the crystals keep coming...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 825/0
    Given: 904/1

hush what size are those white containers and where did ya get them? I really like them they fit together nice..

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast