Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 472/1

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A lot of my plants are very "bendy". They all have very strong stems and everything is going great. I am just wondering why they are so pliable.
    Is this fresh foliage and stems that you are talking about?

A fast growing healthy plant will produce rather flexible stems that harden up later.

If it becomes a problem at the supporting stems then you may have to add an oscillating fan early on* but I suspect they are just growing fast.

*early in the life of the plant or the veg/flower cycle that is being affected.
    Last edited by Shadimar; 07-01-2014 at 08:30 PM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 217/1
    Given: 330/9

Thanks Shad. They are growing very fast indeed.

Gotta love a Peak grow. Looking awesome.

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Ya all my peakseeds strains are really bendy when growin but after a week they stiffen up really well. Perfect time to supercrop them before they stiffen up.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 294/0
    Given: 220/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I finally got most of the canopy leveled out. I still need to come up with 3 more platforms to put 3 of the BBs on, but other than that, this is as leveled as it will get for the moment. Day 30:

The BBs:

The stretch seems to be over on just about all of the plants, but it's hard to say for sure with the shorter SS pheno. Those look like they are going to flower long!
    Last edited by hush; 07-03-2014 at 10:51 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I couldn't take it, I had to prop up those last 3 Blueberries... *Now* the canopy is as leveled as it's going to get.

Also, the arrangement in here currently has all the strains segregated, so I can instantly look at a plant and know what strain it is. It was a mess when they were all intermixed. All the plants on the left row are SS, the right row are NS, and the back 2 rows are where they come together. Then the BB are just the 9 up front center plants in square pots, but those have looked different from the other strains right from the beginning.

Thumbs Up/Down

I finally collected enough pollen from the male BB and moved him into the mother cabinet. So now I just cross my fingers and hope my collection and storage methods were sufficient! I would like to make some practice crosses as soon as possible. I'm thinking of just taking a handful of cuttings off one of the mothers, probably Sadhu, and pollinating branches with all three strains.

Thumbs Up/Down

Lookin very nice soo far hush. So far how are you liking them peakseedsbc strains? They all look so happy in there. Them blueberry's have such a nice leaf and overall plant shape. You should end up yeilding pretty damn decenlty. What day into flower is it now? Also Is it just me or do you think that these peakseeds strains stretch more than anyother breeders gear also? Keep up the good work man it startin to look amazing in there. My Texada Northern Lights are filling in with bud sites and the leafs have a beutiful Sativa shape to them. Love just lookin at em. Take it easy...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Have you grown out the Sadhu before?

I used to keep a Hashberry clone but the 8 Miles High didn't do it for me.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    Lookin very nice soo far hush. So far how are you liking them peakseedsbc strains? They all look so happy in there. Them blueberry's have such a nice leaf and overall plant shape. You should end up yeilding pretty damn decenlty. What day into flower is it now? Also Is it just me or do you think that these peakseeds strains stretch more than anyother breeders gear also? Keep up the good work man it startin to look amazing in there. My Texada Northern Lights are filling in with bud sites and the leafs have a beutiful Sativa shape to them. Love just lookin at em. Take it easy...K.I.M.
    Thanks man. . They are on day 31 flowering today. I'm absolutely loving peak's strains! They are so vigorous! They do stretch a lot. The only other breeder whose strains I've grown stretch this much is Mandala. If you haven't grown any of theirs, I recommend it. At least to add some unique genetics to the collection. Especially for breeding with.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    Have you grown out the Sadhu before?

I used to keep a Hashberry clone but the 8 Miles High didn't do it for me.
    Yeah I've been growing this cut of sadhu for several years now. It's solid dependable medicine. Great anytime medicine. Won't put me to sleep during the day, doesn't keep me up at night. But lately I've been a bit bored with her, so maybe if I cross her out it will spice things up. She's an above average yielder, smells like melon, and has a beautiful structure. I think she needs to make seeds.

Thumbs Up/Down

Here's the pollinated female, presumably in the middle of making seeds:

As of today, I'm just now beginning to smell an aroma from this one, and honestly my first thought was blueberry pancakes. So hopefully this will give me some nice seeds to sort through later on!

Thumbs Up/Down

Did a lot of pistils retract after you pollinated her? Still looks like you can hit her again on top, Lots of pistils up there waitin for some lovin. Blueberry pancakes eh, Ive got 5 of psbc blueberry seeds here and am gonna hold on to them for the christmas harvest. Gonna start them around mid september and veg em for a month minimum. Are you noticing that it likes a light feeding like all say about the blueberry? Or is that only for the veg stage? Only got 5 so need to now as much about them before I start. Lostfrog has 10 or so goin now but hasnt posted anything about em in a while. I want some pancakes now damnit.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

No they definitely want a light feeding all the way through. That didn't change once they started flowering heavily. They simply do not require much. My cheap tds meter says the solution I mix up for them is about 800-850ppm, while the other 2 strains have been getting about 1100-1200 ppm.

I didn't notice the pistils retract much, but that might also be because the pistils weren't protruding that much to begin with. I'm not sure if I pollinated properly. In this case, all that happened is I took the male and held him horizontally over the female, then shook him up. Clouds of dust flew all over the place. I can't imagine the pollination didn't take effect. Then, just last week when I was removing the male from the makeshift breeding room, I held him over the female and did the same technique. So I can only assume I will see some retracting pistils shortly.

Thumbs Up/Down

What you'll see is the pistils begin to shrivel up and turn brown starting at the tip and working to the base, unlike normal ripening which happens over the entire pistil simultaneously.

You should begin to notice it around three days after pollination and it will be clearly evident after one week that the plants have been hit.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Okay I looked at the plant up close and I can see some of the pistils shriveling up and turning brown. I think it's possible that I pollinated the female too soon the first time! Like maybe her pistils weren't ready yet at that time. But since I just gave the second dusting a few days ago I can see some of the pistils turning brown. That must mean it's the second time that took.

I'll keep watching. If not much happens, I'll actually paint some pollen onto the flowers with my finger.

Thumbs Up/Down

Even the preflowers will take pollen and set seed as long as a grain lands on one of their pistils
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

I had the Northern Skunks out of the tent today to inspect them individually. Turns out there is this one that smells like candy. Most of them smell like nothing but some of them also smell kind of skunky. I tend to be partial to candy smells and flavors.

The Blueberries are still barely smelling like anything. The Skunks are exhibiting varying degrees of pungent sweet armpit funk.

Thumbs Up/Down

The albino blueberry is very strange to me. The top flower is extremely rock hard, and it's almost entirely white. It really reminds me of cauliflower, lol. But it appears to be a low yielder, unless this thing is going to be a 90 day flower! I don't particularly want any strains that go that long, especially if it yields low. So I don't know what to think about this pheno. Not yet, anyway. It's really beautiful to look at though. Pics don't do her justice. But here are a couple anyway:

Thumbs Up/Down

If I didnt see the seedling Id tell you to give her some more nitrogenin her feed, Man does that plant got me wonderin what she will do. Hope shes a 9 weeker at most.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Seeing as how I'm coming up on 5 weeks now, this one has GOT to flower longer than 9 weeks or else it's going to yield for shit. Lol. So I actually hope now that it is a 12 weeker. That would give it time to bulk up a bit. No matter what I plan on keeping her and breeding with her.

Thumbs Up/Down

Gonna backcross its clone to itself to try and make the albino line? Gotta send a few my way if so.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Lol, you got it man, if I self this girl, you are first in line for seeds.

Thumbs Up/Down

Pics from last night, day 36:

There are a few plants of all 3 strains that are starting to show some purpling, but there's this one SS that's showing it the most:

Thumbs Up/Down

I pulled out all the plants from the tent to take quick pictures. Here are all the Northern Skunks:

Number 7 stands out to me. I like her structure a lot.

Number 4 smells like candy. Number 5 is the tallest plant in the garden, with an awesome calyx to leaf ratio.

Thumbs Up/Down

Now the Sweet Skunks:

I don't have too many notes on this strain yet, but I'll update when I do.

Thumbs Up/Down

The Blueberries:

Number 7 smells the most like blueberries at the moment. Still slightly faint, but very noticeable, and unmistakable. Blueberry pancakes.

Number 4 is kind of sort of giving off whiffs of blueberry smell, but only barely. The rest smell either skunky, fruity, or both... with number 3 also having a ripe armpit smell mixed in there.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast