Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 294/0
    Given: 220/0

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hello thanks for commenting!

I planted 12 seeds and all of them cracked. I had 100% germination rate. But 1 of them stunted its growth immediately after I helped it remove the seed shell. So I ended up with 11 seedlings, and they are all very healthy.

I actually put my seedlings under a 2x24w fluorescent right after they sprout. I wait until they start growing true leaves, and then I move them to whatever larger light they are going to. In this case, they went under the 1000, but I had the ballast dimmed down to 75% to start so as not to shock them.

I don't think I would start fresh seedlings under a 1000 unless it was dimmed down and raised high up. I find T5 fluorescents to be the best lighting for baby seedlings.

I think you should just order some seeds and be done with it. Don't over think it. Just pay attention to them as they are germinating and be ready to help them out of their seed shells.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 217/1
    Given: 330/9

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Cool, sounds like I won't have any troubles then.

I have nearly ordered Peak's Blueberry so many times now and that germination comment at the end,
    on the site, has always thrown me a bit. I am going to order them tomorrow! I like to stockpile as many
    pure strains as I can for some future stuff and I'm a bit of a seed hoarder.

I asked about the 1000 watter because I have been wondering how soon I can get away with putting
    my plants under 600 watt light. I have generally germinated my seedlings under an industrial fluorescent and
    then moved them a bigger watter CFL with some LED's and then into their final positions, under the big lights.

Those dimmable ballasts are really good. I am using one for the first time and it is good to be able to start with
    a 400 watt instead of a 600 to save power. I have to buy a second dimmable ballast.

Your plants all look good. I can't wait to see what that purple one does! I would definitely pay close attention
    to that one as you may have a rare phenotype, something really special. I have two strains with some Blueberry
    in them growing, two Blueberry OG's from Original Sensible and one Blue Monster Holk from Hero Seeds as well
    as a few others. The Blueberry OG's and the Blue Monster Holk are fems. They are looking good too. I'll post some
    photos up as soon as I can work out what's going on with my camera. It's giving me some dramas. I might have
    to pull out "Old Trusty", an old digital camera that has been bashed about like anything and is still quite good.

Peace!!!!!!!!!

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Awesome Hush. I like me some little flowering plants. My plants grow indoors under Cfl's and get about 2 1/2 ft tall at the most. I cant let them get any higher cause my cfl cab is not the tallest. 3 foot 4 inches tall outside with 2 feet 9 inches of safe growin space. They stay short but stil produce some of the dankest bud Ive ever had. With decent yeilds to boot. Cant wait to see that room full flower hush great work so far.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Right on man. I have a soft spot for little plants, too! Not only do I have this 1000w garden, but I also have a few micro gardens. Right now I'm running a little LED garden and a CFL garden (using one of those giant CFLs). I really like CFLs because they seem to produce really crystally buds. I can grow the same cutting under an HPS and a CFL, and the CFL version is always more dense, and more covered in crystals... just nowhere near the yield I get frmo HPS, that's all. I use the daylight spectrum CFL though, 6500k. I don't want to derail my own thread too much, but here are a few quick pics of my current micro gardens:

That's Lemon Skunk in the CFL garden, Sadhu in the LED garden.
    Last edited by hush; 06-04-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

I mix my spectrums a bit. I always keep two 4500K bulbs in my light set at all times. While Veggin I then use some 6500k bulbs along side them 45's to keep em short. Then while flowering I switch the 65's for the 2700k bulbs. Always keepin in the 4500k bulbs I find that the plants like to stretch to them in veg.
    Three days ago I installed two of them 4500k 23 watt flourecent flood light bulbs in the cab and it sure is light'n it up in there. They are stretchin to them now. I will keep them in for a while longer to see if they aid in any of the growth. Your Cfl garden looks Dank Hush, great job. Mabey when I flower this round I will keep them 6500k bulbs in with a couple of the 2700 k's to give that red spectrum. Lemon Skunk I havent had any of that strain in a bout three years now. enjoy...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Well, in less than 48 hours since the flip, one of the Northern Skunks shot up above the tallest Sweet Skunk in the garden. It's not worth taking a picture of, but I thought it was worth mentioning... I'm guessing that one is going to be a tall plant! Must be a skunk pheno instead of a NL one.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 825/0
    Given: 904/1

Quote Originally Posted by hush View Post
    Well, in less than 48 hours since the flip, one of the Northern Skunks shot up above the tallest Sweet Skunk in the garden. It's not worth taking a picture of, but I thought it was worth mentioning... I'm guessing that one is going to be a tall plant! Must be a skunk pheno instead of a NL one.
    im hoping that's ns is a skunk pheno, ive gotten that one before and it is excellent meds. there are a couple post in a tmp thread were the whities were mentioned. hope its a girl.

Thumbs Up/Down

The northern Skunks I grew out stretched somthing feirce also. Its peakseeds strains everyone I have grown almost double in height during the stretch. Great for scrogg gardens
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

^ That's good to know.

A couple quick pics from today, day 3 of 12/12:

That one Sweet Skunk is once again the tallest plant in the garden, and I am quickly seeing that the strain will absolutely be taller than the Northern Skunks. The NS are staying a bit more squat and the SS are starting to shoot upward. The blueberries will get more attention soon once they get their own garden. I'm still harvesting plants from the tent they are going to go in, but once the BBs are in there I will start featuring them more.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

Oooo, verrra nize!

You gotta love those Peak beans.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

Pics from yesterday, day 5 of 12/12:

The 2 rows on the edge of the garden here are the Northern Skunks:

The 2 rows down the center here are all Sweet Skunks:

The NS have all grown to be very homogenous, so never mind what I said earlier about them looking different. As it stands, all 3 of these strains appear to be homogenous in their various phenotypes, with the exception of the purple BB, which stands out not only from the rest of the BBs but all of the garden as well. Oh and also there's a runt SS, but it looks identical to the rest, just smaller.

I just finished harvesting in my small tent, so the BBs will be going in there any day now.

Thumbs Up/Down

Hush lookin damn good so far, Them NorthernSkunks look like they will be wicked lookin when all budded up. Hope you get all females in your lot.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 92/0
    Given: 95/0

Nice looking coco grow and multiple tents! I am envious.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

there looking great brother :P keep it up
    “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
    Sebastian Marincolo

Thumbs Up/Down

I've been emailing with Mike from Peak Seeds, and after describing my purple/yellow pheno to him, he replied that he believes this pheno is rare. So, that is kind of exciting! At this point, I don't even care if it's a male... I'll just collect pollen and breed with him!

Thumbs Up/Down

Also, I forgot to mention that I have been doing some re-planning with all of my garden spaces... I've decided I will not be moving the blueberries to their own tent. Like the other strains, the males will be removed when they reveal themselves, but I will be keeping all 3 strains in here all the way to harvest. That means I will go ahead and introduce the BB youngsters tonight after I get home.

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Let's meet some of the Blueberries, shall we?

(I just picked the 5 nicest looking ones to take pics of.)

Now, a couple more pics of the garden:

If you look at that overhead shot, you can see that the SS actually appear to be expressing 2 different phenos. One stays shorter, with thinner leaves, while the other grows taller and has wider leaves. The NS all still appear to be homogenous.

Thumbs Up/Down

Lookin fantastic. If that one blueberry turns female you better seed a branch or two on her. Mabey try some reversal with Colloidial Silver to make a femmed version of that rare phenotype. Whatever you decide to do Ill be payin attention Ive never seen a blueberry with that kind of color durin early and pre veg. All lookin fantastic though hush great work so far...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 694/1

lookin real nice
    i realy like the lil pinky well the yellower 1
    that is the 1 that was pink at birth ?
    cant wait tp c em flower

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    Mabey try some reversal with Colloidial Silver to make a femmed version of that rare phenotype. Whatever you decide to do Ill be payin attention Ive never seen a blueberry with that kind of color durin early and pre veg. All lookin fantastic though hush great work so far...K.I.M.
    That's a great idea, man. I have been meaning to self my prized Sadhu plant for a while now, so I might as well just go ahead and order some silver thiosulfate, that way I have it around. I've never selfed any plants before, but I've been reading about it for a long time now, and as I understand it STS is the way to go instead of CS. It only requires one application and it has a much higher success rate of bringing out the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Husbandnwife420 View Post
    lookin real nice
    i realy like the lil pinky well the yellower 1
    that is the 1 that was pink at birth ?
    cant wait tp c em flower
    Yep, that's the one! It has been taking in nitrogen now, with the photosynthesis, so it's not expressing the purple so much at the moment. But at the same time it never got as green as the other plants did. I'm guessing that means that chlorophyll is not the predominant pigment in this plant's genetics? I don't know. But yeah it's very pretty.

Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Ive done a bit of reading on that reversal subject, Ive read others sayin that that silver sulfate stuff can cause hermied plants, None reversals and that kinda shit. Ive got some pure silver here from an old member that he uses with a CS generator, plug adapter, Distiled water. Works great, yes you have to spray many times to reverse. But it is much safer to use, Especially if your garden is organic cause that stuff's been used for centuries. Chem's on organic material???? The farthest I would go with that is miracle grow when Im in a jam.lol. Interested in seein how it turns out though if you do go with that silver sulfate. Im going to be doing some reversals on a couple strains I got here after this indoor crop is done. So I can have me a shit load of femmed seed for next season. gonna have to make some regulars also to keep the progeny alive. I will start my 5 Peakseeds Blueberry's I got here then also. Will be keepin my eyes open for one that looks like that one of yours. Keep em rockin...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Yes, it is true that STS is not something one would want to absorb through the skin or ingest in any way. Also, when you reverse a female with it, you don't want to consume that female in any way. You just collect the pollen then destroy the plant. But with proper safety considerations, it is not dangerous to be around or anything. I hear you though about the organic/chem thing. Since I'm not organic, it doesn't matter to me. But if I was organic, then STS would be out of the question.

I actually like the fact that you have to throw away the reversed plant after collecting pollen, because this means I will just reverse the entire plant, and collect metric tons' worth of pollen, which I will then be able to store in a vacuum-sealed jar in the freezer for many many years to come.

Thumbs Up/Down

Im gonna do full reversal and gonna try reversing a single branch and let it pollinate itself like some have done here and there. I want to see if I can get viable strong seed from the single branch reversal. Good to compare our results to see what will work out best.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 694/1

maby it will have less chlorophyll in it and tast def
    beter maby ?
    but yah lookin real good