Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 294/0
    Given: 220/0

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default hush's Sweet Skunk, Northern Skunk, and Blueberry growout

Hello Peak Seeds Fans!!!

I'm new around these parts, but I've been growing for about 20 years now. Over on my other forum where I hang out, I've been noticing people talking about and growing Peak's genetics for years. I recently got to a point where I needed to order new genetics, and I knew exactly where to go.

So, this is my Peak Seeds growout journal. I wanted to sign up here and start this thread so I could share the end result with Peak, because they have been so awesome to me through their customer service. I started with 12 seeds each of SS, NS, and BB. I had 100% germination on all 36 seeds, except 1 of the BBs stunted itself immediately after shedding the seed husk. So now I have 35 seedlings growing. They are currently in their 2nd week of life, under a 1000w HPS on 18/6. All the plants are in 0.7 gallon containers, in coco/perlite. I feed with Maxibloom, in all stages of the plants' lives. So let's meet the seedlings!

Here they all are right after germination:

I had to help the blueberries and the sweet skunks to remove their seed husks. Well, most of them. They were not shedding them on their own and the cotyledons are somewhat bleached because of it. No big deal though, I got to them in time. But the Northern Skunks needed no help. They were the most robust of all the seedlings, too, right from the start. Here are the NS when they were babies:

The Blueberries:

The Sweet Skunks:

Thumbs Up/Down

Regarding the Blueberries, I thought it was worth reporting that there is a triploid in the batch:

Also, while there were several Blueberry seedlings that showed a bit of purple to them, there is one that stood out. It had the brightest purple cotyledons and stem, right after shedding its seed husk. Very pretty!

Thumbs Up/Down

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Here are all the plants together in a 4x4 tent:

That picture was taken 3 days ago. The ones in the square white pots are the Blueberries... they will be moved to a 2x2 tent very soon, and will be the only strain grown in there. Then in front of the BBs are the Sweet Skunks, and in front of those are the Northern Skunks. There are also 2 random plants in there that are a few days older, and have more leaves... those are a couple of autoflower seeds I popped, just to experiment with them, and they are being moved to another garden any day now. I just needed a place for them while I set their home up.

Flowering will begin in another week or so, and the males will all be moved to a secluded location where I can collect pollen.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 692/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

nice start bro good luck
    and nice pics

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

very nice brother ... keep it up .... im going to keep my eye on your grow
    “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
    Sebastian Marincolo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

They look great hush, how old will they be when you start 12/12?

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

They popped on 5/18, and they were transplanted on 5/20. My intention is to flip to 12/12 somewhere in between their 2nd and 3rd weeks of life, probably closer to 2 weeks, because of Peak's recommendations on SS, in order to keep the height manageable.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by hush View Post
    They popped on 5/18, and they were transplanted on 5/20. My intention is to flip to 12/12 somewhere in between their 2nd and 3rd weeks of life, probably closer to 2 weeks, because of Peak's recommendations on SS, in order to keep the height manageable.
    OOOhhhh. I was looking at the trays of seedlings and got the wrong impression. I thought they just broke ground and you where tossing them into flowering room, duh....my whoops. lol

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

No problem. It's confusing because I'm coming in here with a grow that had already been started, and then I was trying to use the first few posts of this thread to catch up to current time. That last picture was from 3 days ago. Haven't taken any new pics since then, but only because there's not much going on yet. You know how it is... at this age, things tend to look the same from one day to the next, lol.

Thumbs Up/Down

No prob, it's like watching paint dry. You'll see some action for the first few weeks of 12/12 with that SS.

N
    Nohibition

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Awesome Hush, That one blueberry seedlin caught my eye before I scrolled down and you mentioned it. Keep an eye on that one, It may be that blueberry muffin pheno I hear talk about. Good luck, I have 5 Blueberry seeds here that I split with a friend that I will start in the fall for the christmas harvest. Will keep around to see how this garden turns out. Good luck again, Nice start...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hush so sorry about the thumbs down thing, Did that by accident. Keep up the great work. Its always great to watch Mike's gear growin. Will post some shots of the Texada Northern Lights Ive got growin indoors under CFL's round here if you dont mind. Keep up the great work. K.I.M.

Thanks for the heads up Nonhib. Great catch..
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

As I said in pm, no worries brother. I have had nothing but good vibes since I got here. This place is laid back and chill.

Yes, feel free to post your pics in here if you'd like to! I also want to let you all know that I'm just now starting to read through all your own journals. I can see that many of you are growing or have grown the varieties I have in here, and also the 2 that I have on deck for next round (SB and KN) so I look forward to getting some tips and advice from you growers.

Thumbs Up/Down

Time for an update! These are pics from today:

As you can see there, those 2 Northern Skunks on the bottom left are not drinking as much water as any of the other girls in the tent, so I have to keep an eye on them.

Thumbs Up/Down

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Here is that one Blueberry that stands out from all the other plants, in terms of color:

Thumbs Up/Down

I cant wait to see the flowers on that one Blueberry. That picture that Mj has on his website looks wicked eh. Hope thats what you got goin on there. Treat her good.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

As I said in pm, no worries brother. I have had nothing but good vibes since I got here. This place is laid back and chill.

Yes, feel free to post your pics in here if you'd like to! I also want to let you all know that I'm just now starting to read through all your own journals. I can see that many of you are growing or have grown the varieties I have in here, and also the 2 that I have on deck for next round (SB and KN) so I look forward to getting some tips and advice from you growers.
    the sb is that sugar berry if so iv got a few iv been diying 2 try

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Here is that one Blueberry that stands out from all the other plants, in terms of color:

love the lil pinkie

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Husbandnwife420 View Post
    the sb is that sugar berry if so iv got a few iv been diying 2 try
    No it's Skunkberry.

Thumbs Up/Down

When I grew Peakseedsbc skunkberry it was a very pleasant experience. The phenotype that I got was a nice healthy Bushy fast flowering beauty. She produced many bud sites and they were frosty and potent. Didnt mind what strength of nutes she was fed, Very strong strain. Can abuse her without too many troubles or a low yeild. She was a stretchy girl when I started to flower her, almost doubled in size, Great for scrog gardens. Nice blue tint on dark green backdrop. Great lookin strain for sure.
    The NS is a light green big flowering plant that sure is stinky. I crossed the two, A male NorthernSkunk to a few branches of a female SkunkBerry. (The Ladybear) Turned out super stinky and pretty damn potent. Just finished flowering two of them a few weeks back and smoked some tonight. I like it very much so, It was also my very first breeding attempt. Cant grow it without a filter, The wife was pissed how much she stank.. Anywho your gonna enjoy them two strains for sure...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

I gave the plants their first dose of full strength nutrient this morning. Other than that, things are still uneventful.

Thumbs Up/Down

Ive just had a couple purple chem d seeds pop above ground today and three of them look just like your purple seedling. I had to put a checkmark on the cup so that I can keep an eye on them when they are a few weeks older outdoors. If that purple seedling is showing me whats to come right on I like me some purple buds for the visual appeal thing. Ive only ever had a couple seeds do that for me and they were the auto purple from pyramid seeds which turned wicked dark purple. So will have to keep posted on them. All lookin great so far hush, Keep rockin it. When you gonna flip the lights to 12/12?
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

I'm flipping 'em tomorrow!

Thumbs Up/Down

Flowering starts tonight! Here's a picture of the gang right as the light turned off:

The Sweet Skunks are all surprisingly uniform. They vary in height alone, so far. Here's the tallest one, which is a nice representation of how they look:

The Northern Skunks are a little more varied in appearance, but there is a particular phenotype that seems the most common of them all, at least at this stage. This one represents the group:

Then the Blueberries. They all look sufficiently different from each other, except that they all have that classic Blueberry look, with the fat leaves, many of them a little ruffled. There was a little crinkle going on in a couple of them but they've already moved past that. But yeah, they all have their own look to them in a way, even though they are fairly homogenous, if that makes sense. I'm still particular to the purple one though. It's funny because, now that it's getting nitrogen, it's not purple anymore, but it's not green either. You can tell this one is a purp, through and through!

Here's a group shot of most of the other BBs though, to see what the majority look like, the white pots:

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 217/1
    Given: 330/9

Here are all the plants together in a 4x4 tent:

That picture was taken 3 days ago. The ones in the square white pots are the Blueberries... they will be moved to a 2x2 tent very soon, and will be the only strain grown in there. Then in front of the BBs are the Sweet Skunks, and in front of those are the Northern Skunks. There are also 2 random plants in there that are a few days older, and have more leaves... those are a couple of autoflower seeds I popped, just to experiment with them, and they are being moved to another garden any day now. I just needed a place for them while I set their home up.

Flowering will begin in another week or so, and the males will all be moved to a secluded location where I can collect pollen.
    Hi there! They are looking really good. I am excited to see a Blueberry grow! How were they to germinate? I have nearly ordered them
    heaps of times but waited to see someone grow some to see how they germinate. I think I got scared off by the mention of there being
    no guarantee that they would germinate! Words are funny like that. Once that seed is planted and allowed to feed it grows into a thought
    sometimes effecting our better judgement.

Do you do them from seedling under the 1000 watt. If so, how do you find it? I use fluorescents and move up to higher lumens.
    I am just interested if you use a 1000 from the start how well it works.

You are right, this is the best site when it comes to a cannabis forum. I feel like I have an extended family in here which is quite
    unique in the world that we live in. Everyone is very kind and strives for positivity. I have benefited greatly from the many grow
    experts here. Best forum ever!

Peace!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast