in research, compiling the truth about mj from scientists, NOT politicians
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/0
    Given: 0/0

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Cannabis Helps PTSD

its a fact. if you suffer from ptsd, find some cannibus "indica" and not the sativa strains for relief. the indica will help you sleep, reduce the anxiety, give you some munchies and since ptsd can lead you to get shatfaced drunk then good food will help too.sleep appears to be the key that cannibus helps the most. it provides the patient with a complete relaxing regenerating sleep and no chemical hangover like that with Rx's or booze. another advantage is that you don't get addicted to pot or ruin your liver as with drugs and booze.
    I have counseled for ptsd since 94, in emergency services applications and I have seen it work wonders. just stay away from sativa's if you suffer from any of the long term stress induced problems, or problems from childhood that remain unresolved.
    Hit them where it hurts, show them the scientific truth about marijuana, while debunking the lies.
    Even politicians know, that the truth will always win.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 1/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Well said Hollowpoint, and top advise.

I've done tours in Iraq and Afghanistan with the Royal Marines, and suffer badly as a result.

I stumbled across cannabis as a coping strategy for PTSD by accident, back when I was trying everything I could that might block the constant flashbacks.

Cannabis worked amazingly. I slumped into a deep sleep every night, no nightmares or waking up with the adrenaline pumping at 2am. No problems getting up the next morning, just feel refreshed from such a great night's sleep.

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Personaly I find sativa not indica strains that helped me with my mental health. Also never smoked anything that would help me sleep but I have to say that I dont want to sleep. I find dreams something that is fabricated not by me but other entities, I call them ''Dream operators'' and one of my moto is a statement ''death to dream operators'', for some time in the past I lived to see another day only cause of rage against them to which I will find one day and make them pay for inhuman shitz I had to passively go throught. After many years of fight and give ups found that only phisical work help with my state of mind, now quite some years after initial brake down, my mind is much cooler, no flashbacks or living in the past, I can mostly stop inner talk, but still sometimes I do get extremely enraged and mad over other people words that I tend to push as far as I can with bad language and yelling, most of the times uncontorolable, I can even say Im not myself at those moments, unfortunately after those moments I tend to sleep for 3 days every time, but it helps a lot. As for strains I recommend Clever Man the only strain I found that helped me, if you can find it anywhere. Other strains tend to relax me for 3-7 days but after 1-2 months I need to make pause from smoking for at least more than 6 months or my state goes backwards. Hope this helps to anyone, take care.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 217/1
    Given: 330/9

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Cannabis is the Ultimate Healing Plant

I use cannabis for pain, anxiety, and it helps me with sleeping.

I would definitely agree that hard work is very helpful to hit that restful state.

I can relate to some of what you are saying about dreams, Wizard. Dreams can be daunting at the best of times.
    I used to sleep walk alot and find sleeping very scarey. Dreaming used to be absolute terror. I used to sleep walk
    as a young lad as well as having very "intense" dreams, to say the least.

In my adult life I have found some meditation helpful, as well as meditation. I have a good audio file which helps with relaxation
    , allowing my body to relax. It works very well. If you would like a copy of it please p.m. me. It is very effective in relieving the
    tension that can occur from trauma, pent up anger and so forth.

I like a pure Indica strain for pain, although I have noticed that the lack of any "brain buzz" can be disconcerting, for me anyway.
    I have learnt to recognise the difference. I have never grown a pure Sativa strain. I am waiting to find the right one that I know will
    have the right buzz as pure sativa strains can make me paranoid.

For me, I like hybrids with a good brain buzz and the pain relief in the one! The fast growth is also of appeal for me.
    A group of people I have known throughout my life find great therapeutic value in the very act of growing the plant itself.
    It is truly a healing plant with so many things to teach us.

Peace.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 217/1
    Given: 330/9

Default Bach Flower Remedies work !!!

I just thought that I should mention a product that I have been using, of late.

"Rescue Remedy" by Bach Flower Remedy is a product that I have used for the last month.
    At first I used it when I had no cannabis. I quickly noticed how well it worked for me, stopping the
    tremors I usually suffer.

I also suffer from some anxiety which stems back to a number of traumatic events that I went through.
    This Rescue Remedy is part of my natural arsenal of weapons to counteract the pace of everyday life!

http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm

That is a link to a bunch of flower oils, there effects, and a link to some products.

Oh, by the way, do not underestimate the strength of the products!!!!

The Rescue Remedy hits quite hard the first time, for real !!! I would recommend to use 2 drops and see how you go!
    It recommends four drops. My wife had the four and was a little bit freaked out as the feeling is quite overwhelming!

All natural, as the universe/gods intended!!!

I hope that this helps someone!!!

Peace.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

My issues are primarily physical however I've had bouts of depression that have scared both my wife and I. I have a a bunch of "sounds of nature", birds, rain, babbling brook etc. If I can get myself to care enough I hook up my ear buds and go sit in my flower room or out back and just sit and listen while I smoke some sativa.
    It helps a lot but I have to care which is often very difficult. My Dr likes this, he says it's safer then a lot of stuff he would prescribe and as long as it's working keep doing it.

Peace

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition