Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 1/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default First medicinal pot recall

Good thing it's safer than if we do it. It's also a interesting thing they can use medicinal patients to test their flawed/amateur grows, I thought testing prevented this.

-----------------------------------
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...uana-1.2617135

This B.C. bud's not for you. Nor should it be for anyone, according to the pot producers who are now asking customers to ditch a batch of cannabis sold as "purple kush," following a Health Canada inspection.

The voluntary recall is for a shipment labelled PK-10-20-13. In an advisory, Health Canada said it found "issues with the company's production practices" that could affect the product.

It's believed to be the first-ever marijuana recall announced by the federal health agency.

The shipment of medical marijuana in question was produced by Greenleaf Medicinals out of Nanaimo, B.C.

Greenleaf has informed Health Canada the company is "working with other licensed producers to find a supply of marijuana for the impacted clients."

Consumers were being asked to discontinue use, though anyone who has already used the product is not in danger, according to Health Canada.

The health agency's recall notice was posted online on April 18, two days before Sunday's annual "4/20" day, which celebrates cannabis culture.

Health Canada reminded the public that dried marijuana is not an approved drug or medicine in Canada, and that use and possession of marijuana is illegal unless authorized by a medical professional.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

They should be letting people know what the issue is so they can decide for themselves whether it's safe or not. Damned if I'd take someone's advice to "not worry" about using it if there's a recall of the product! I would want to know what kind of shit they tried to pull on me, or I'd never deal with them again!
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

"Consumers were being asked to discontinue use, though anyone who has already used the product is not in danger, according to Health Canada."

sounds like typical HC double talk to me

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

The government will put forward the case that because this was an LP the problem was identified and dealt with quickly. This will suggest that if an LP with QC has problems, the home grow would be even more likely to have issues. They will not point out that we don't market our meds.
    No specific facts, curious. Sounds Harperish to me.
    N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Well Ill do my duty and help dispose of all that Purple Kush. I know, I know what a great guy I am.
    Now this problem would not happen if we just all grew our own medical ganga un-impeded.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela