Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 217/1
    Given: 330/9

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    Hey KIM
    Water curing is simply soaking your buds in water, I use volatilized tap water, for "seven" days. Some growers use a small container like my PB containers and they change the water every day for seven days. Because the water is clear it basically absorbs all the water soluble content out of the weed (osmosis). THC is not water soluble so it remains in the plant matter. I use a four gallon pail and check it every other day. The water becomes milky and smells like shit, literally. I change my water after 3 days or so even though 4 gallons is more than enough for a complete soak.
    There's a lot of info on line. I started a few months ago and haven't done much experimenting but I can say it doesn't always remove all the terpenes so some flavor may remain. Give it a read bro. Remember that the primary issue and what we all preach is medication.
    Once you smell the water you'll wonder what's been going into your lungs.

Not for connoisseurs but then you can just do some of your bud. As well you can water cure bud at any time even after it's air dried. Great for cooking. No nasty taste.

Hey TB
    I like Peaks TS water cured for asthma two hits and my airways open up and it's easy to clear any crap out it just loosens right up. Right now I swear by it. I carry my one hitter for just that reason. I want to get some Deep Purple Kush going to try it out.
    I flush for a minimum 1 week and use florakleen for the first 3 days then clear water, afterward it goes straight into water cure. After that into dehydrator and then ready to smoke. I can say that like any cure it improves with time so I age (dry) for as long as I can.

N
    That is absolutely fascinating. This is definitely something I will look into, Nohib.

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Quote Originally Posted by TradingBeanz View Post
    Well done!!! That soil looks awesome. You could bag that up and sell it, I reckon
    Silica is a great amendment. It pushes the ph. up. Seriously good stuff for outdoors and
    indoors. Another great one is Diatomite rocks which is a source of silica also.

I find it to be good for critters as it dries up like any other medium whereas DE powder forms
    a hard crust. The only way that I was able to work with the powder was to mix it in with sand
    and use it as a top layer. (Indoors)

I guess in your case it silica powder would be better, KIM. You don't want to make anything look
    TOO amended!

I am very impressed by the way.

All the best on your grow. It should be of awesome proportions and your off to a great start!!!

Peace.
    Thanks for the kind words Tradin beanz, I really got lucky Im thinkin finding that spot of mine. Its closer than where I was goin to grow and all the plants are lookin really good today. Even the little seedling have all sprouted up outdoors. I think them Epic Kush automatics will grow big, Epic Genetics was tellin me that if grown right they will get up to 4 ft tall and will produce 4 ounces of dank bud, Its a cross of Og Kush and C-99 with somthin else in the mix. Ca nt wait to smoke it... Stay cool and see ya around. Will post more pics in a couple days.
    Oh ya there is already a company out here that farms the peat and soil and bags it up for sale. Sungro or somthin or other would be nice to make some kind of natural canna custom mix if these plants turn out great...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I got me some more strains to put outside this year from a friend over at Unleash da Green, Yoda. He sent me 4 different strains, Purple Chem x Lowryder, White Urkle x Lowryder, Femmed Northern Lights from female seeds, and Fire 99 x Xsomthin. Gonna germinate some of each in the puppy pads and will keep em in veg till June 10th-12th at the latest before I get them out. Im liking the sound of these strain and am lookin forwards to seein how these flowers will look and produce. Will keep yall posted as to how they turn out. Stay cool all...K.I.M.

Oh ya all of them seeds that I planted directly into the soil ALL came up above the ground and growin Ok so far. Im Really lookin forward to seein how these cannabis plants grow without any hinderance from me being able to grow how they would like to and I will NOT top them bein that they are the Epic Kush Automatics and auto's dont like toppin. Will show you them when I get out to take pics and give the first feeding of Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice Grow at 1Ml per Liter of water. Half dose for the first two feedings to allow them to get used to the nutrient regime without too much shock. Stay cool...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

So after a 36 hr sit in them wet pup pads(love em) the majority of the beans have sprouted a nice tap root. All are in dirt and just waitin on the last of the fire99 x Lowryder x jems, Got 5 of them to still produce a root for me. All the Northern Lights have the longest root of them all when planted. I may just have to keep one or two of them indoors to grow out. Still have half a pack of the Female seeds NL left and a half pack of Peakseedsbc NorthernLights from Nonhibition that I will me trying to reverse and backcross with CS to produce more Femmed NorthernLights seeds for the both of us.

So After 5 days of hot,hot weather It is finally storming outside. I just know them plants outside are loving this shower and cant wait till tomorrow when I can get out to them to give em alook. Wish I got out there after work Like I wanted to too give them a half dose of Jungle Juice. Im just gonna have to wait till the next time I have to get out there to water them. With that water table that moves high and low so much I probebly will not have to water too much this season. I just need to do somthing about them bloody ticks climblin on me and Charlie, Hes gettin pissed with me pullin them off of him, Always get some fur when I get em thats what he hates Im thinkin. But back to my plants I was out there two days ago and lost two of them automatics Epic Kush to some animal diggin them up. Only got two out of the 5 I had in that little plot that shithead. But they are all doin fantastic, Truly. Great vertical growth with branchin, Sharp crisp dark green leafs on both the indica and sativa dom pheno's. This is gonna be an epic harvest if I can get them to finish. I will be putting out round two of the new strains june 10th whether they want to or not.
    that way they can adapt to the surroundings before they have to flower.
    I will be goin to them tomorrow so I will take you along and show you some plants. Stay cool and keep posted. They really are lookin happy Im really stoked so far. My personal biggest crop by myself, So I got high hopes...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I went out to the plots today to give their first feeding of the Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice grow A & B at 1ml per liter of each. I also added some more Piranah Benificial Funghi and Tarantula benificial microbes. I was readin up again on that tarantula product, its amazing. 50 somthing benificial microbes that do nothing but aid in the plants root zone which aids in producing danker buds from healthier plants. Teamed up with the piranah makes em a one two punch in the root zone. Must be doin somthing good cause all of the plants are doin fantastic outdoors. Nice new growth with at least 5 inches of vertical growth, the leafs are nice and green with a crisp look to them standin straight out of the plants. Lost none to transplant shock and it rained all day so they are gonna gorge on the rain, Its been hot and sunny for the past 5 days. That seems to be the cycle all summer. 5 days of hot sun no clouds then rain, Perfect cycle. The water table rises and then slowly drains makin the roots chase them down and out. The ground growth was coming in very fast around the plants. If I didnt know where I was goin I would hae never have seen the plants. So I did good with camo'n them up and blending them into the surroundings. I will be pruning some branches back to allow more sunlight to hit the plants around mid June then as soon as the flowering starts I will make sure they have uninterupted/unblocked sun. Will have to fall one tree then the rest is just a branch here a bush there. The common shit. All the plants have new very healthy growth. Im super stoked if you cannot tell lol. I think I finally got this northwestern ontario growin season figured out. If they get stolen that will be a total fluke. Heres to a great outdoor season. I got all of my strains scattered in every plot so that if one goes down I dont loose any one strain totally. I got 11 strains growin or about to go outside. Now thats a selection, lets run them down
    1-Texada NorthernLights.
    2-Texada Skunk.
    3-C-99.
    4-northernBerry.
    5-Lemon Chunk.
    6-White Urkle x Lowryder x Jem.
    7-Purple Timewarp.
    8-Purple Chem (Blackwater x pre ? Bubba Kush) x Lowryder. I Think its pre 98 bubba kush.
    9-Fire x C-99 x x18.
    10-Northern Lights (Female seeds Backcross)
    11-Epic Kush Automatic.

I think that is all the strains I have outdoors or will be ready to go out June 10th. For some reason Im thinkin that there is another strain I grew but cant seem to remember. But that should be enough variety for myself and the Pop's for the winter. Ive got at least 6 of each strain with the exeption of the texada Northernlights I also put out 1 clone and 7 of them. I lost some of the id cards I tried to put on them so Its gona be a geusin game as to which strain each plant is. But ill do my best at keepin them seperated at harvest. I should have used a green card/tag and twist tie it on the base of the plant. Live and learn right. So as you can tell im ecited about doin all these strains all myself and charlie. lots of work but satisfying for sure.
    WAY TOO MANY MOSQUITO'S. If I stopped for a second or two I got swarmed by hundreds of huge skeeters. Glad I had my camo rain suit on to give a bit of protection from them,. They will be a great defense against rippers hopefully teamed up with the ticks and prickly plants.So I hope that if anyone else is growin geurilla style also round this comunity. Good luck and use the Muskoka bug spray. Above all stay safe its really not worth your well being or freedom. Walk away if you have to and grow indoors to make up for it if it comes down to it. I dont want to see any of my brothers and sisters gettin in trouble over the love of our plants. Stay cool all...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

brother you got a very nice line up for this years grow
    “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
    Sebastian Marincolo

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LostFrog View Post
    brother you got a very nice line up for this years grow
    Thanks Lostfrog.

Just got back from checkin them out, Weve had three days of rain some of it pretty hard rain. It cleared up yesterday so I wanted to see if it caused any damage. No it didnt. All of the plants are growin nice and strong. Over the past 7 days since I checked on them last and gave em some Jungle Juice and more Piranah and Tarantula. They have grow bout 4 inches, Nice healthy new growth and leafs. The branches are growin nicely especially on the topped few. The Lst'd TNL clone has started to grow pretty fast also with the three main leads I made it grow shooting up towards the sun. You can tell that I am growin in a boggy area, Water everywhere and the hordes of mosquito's man are they bad. Gonna be a great barrier to help conceal them plants of mine. I gonna have to go and give them there full nutrient feedings. They truly are lookin good, I will have to take some pics soon. No bugs or animals are munchin down. The weird thing though is that most of the growth that happened under the Cfl's indoors have faded away and fell off already. I wonder why? Mabey cause that growth was used to the lights then when they went out it couldnt handle it and just dropped. The new growth is damn nicer and deeper green then what I can get inside with the cfls.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    I went out to the plots today to give their first feeding of the Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice grow A & B at 1ml per liter of each. I also added some more Piranah Benificial Funghi and Tarantula benificial microbes. I was readin up again on that tarantula product, its amazing. 50 somthing benificial microbes that do nothing but aid in the plants root zone which aids in producing danker buds from healthier plants. Teamed up with the piranah makes em a one two punch in the root zone. Must be doin somthing good cause all of the plants are doin fantastic outdoors. Nice new growth with at least 5 inches of vertical growth, the leafs are nice and green with a crisp look to them standin straight out of the plants. Lost none to transplant shock and it rained all day so they are gonna gorge on the rain, Its been hot and sunny for the past 5 days. That seems to be the cycle all summer. 5 days of hot sun no clouds then rain, Perfect cycle. The water table rises and then slowly drains makin the roots chase them down and out. The ground growth was coming in very fast around the plants. If I didnt know where I was goin I would hae never have seen the plants. So I did good with camo'n them up and blending them into the surroundings. I will be pruning some branches back to allow more sunlight to hit the plants around mid June then as soon as the flowering starts I will make sure they have uninterupted/unblocked sun. Will have to fall one tree then the rest is just a branch here a bush there. The common shit. All the plants have new very healthy growth. Im super stoked if you cannot tell lol. I think I finally got this northwestern ontario growin season figured out. If they get stolen that will be a total fluke. Heres to a great outdoor season. I got all of my strains scattered in every plot so that if one goes down I dont loose any one strain totally. I got 11 strains growin or about to go outside. Now thats a selection, lets run them down
    1-Texada NorthernLights.
    2-Texada Skunk.
    3-C-99.
    4-northernBerry.
    5-Lemon Chunk.
    6-White Urkle x Lowryder x Jem.
    7-Purple Timewarp.
    8-Purple Chem (Blackwater x pre ? Bubba Kush) x Lowryder. I Think its pre 98 bubba kush.
    9-Fire x C-99 x x18.
    10-Northern Lights (Female seeds Backcross)
    11-Epic Kush Automatic.

I think that is all the strains I have outdoors or will be ready to go out June 10th. For some reason Im thinkin that there is another strain I grew but cant seem to remember. But that should be enough variety for myself and the Pop's for the winter. Ive got at least 6 of each strain with the exeption of the texada Northernlights I also put out 1 clone and 7 of them. I lost some of the id cards I tried to put on them so Its gona be a geusin game as to which strain each plant is. But ill do my best at keepin them seperated at harvest. I should have used a green card/tag and twist tie it on the base of the plant. Live and learn right. So as you can tell im ecited about doin all these strains all myself and charlie. lots of work but satisfying for sure.
    WAY TOO MANY MOSQUITO'S. If I stopped for a second or two I got swarmed by hundreds of huge skeeters. Glad I had my camo rain suit on to give a bit of protection from them,. They will be a great defense against rippers hopefully teamed up with the ticks and prickly plants.So I hope that if anyone else is growin geurilla style also round this comunity. Good luck and use the Muskoka bug spray. Above all stay safe its really not worth your well being or freedom. Walk away if you have to and grow indoors to make up for it if it comes down to it. I dont want to see any of my brothers and sisters gettin in trouble over the love of our plants. Stay cool all...K.I.M.
    What a selection! Very impressive indeed. Alot of work but if you are anything like me even the work itself is damn rewarding!

Enjoy! Good therapy. Nature is the ultimate healer. I just ordered NorthernBerry too.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    Thanks Lostfrog.

Just got back from checkin them out, Weve had three days of rain some of it pretty hard rain. It cleared up yesterday so I wanted to see if it caused any damage. No it didnt. All of the plants are growin nice and strong. Over the past 7 days since I checked on them last and gave em some Jungle Juice and more Piranah and Tarantula. They have grow bout 4 inches, Nice healthy new growth and leafs. The branches are growin nicely especially on the topped few. The Lst'd TNL clone has started to grow pretty fast also with the three main leads I made it grow shooting up towards the sun. You can tell that I am growin in a boggy area, Water everywhere and the hordes of mosquito's man are they bad. Gonna be a great barrier to help conceal them plants of mine. I gonna have to go and give them there full nutrient feedings. They truly are lookin good, I will have to take some pics soon. No bugs or animals are munchin down. The weird thing though is that most of the growth that happened under the Cfl's indoors have faded away and fell off already. I wonder why? Mabey cause that growth was used to the lights then when they went out it couldnt handle it and just dropped. The new growth is damn nicer and deeper green then what I can get inside with the cfls.
    That is interesting that the plant ditched the leaves that grew under the CFL. Unusually so? Maybe the plant realised it could make better ones under the sun and ditched
    them as they may have been holding them back from reaching their full potential. That's fascinating! Another thought that just occurred is that maybe the leaves were acclimatised to
    the spectrum of the CFL.

Some sciencey person is going to come along and tell me how wrong I am and why, LOL!!!!!! I will take my chances!!!!! I would love to know why.

Outdoor growth is awesome, definitely, K.I.M. There is definitely an extremely different feel to the whole process. I am doing an organic grow for the first time as
    well as a hydro grow!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by TradingBeanz View Post
    That is interesting that the plant ditched the leaves that grew under the CFL. Unusually so? Maybe the plant realised it could make better ones under the sun and ditched
    them as they may have been holding them back from reaching their full potential. That's fascinating! Another thought that just occurred is that maybe the leaves were acclimatised to
    the spectrum of the CFL.

Some sciencey person is going to come along and tell me how wrong I am and why, LOL!!!!!! I will take my chances!!!!! I would love to know why.

Outdoor growth is awesome, definitely, K.I.M. There is definitely an extremely different feel to the whole process. I am doing an organic grow for the first time as
    well as a hydro grow!
    It really is somthing to think about eh TB, yesterday I gave em a full dosed feeding and noticed on most of the plants that the first leafs are faded and falling off. Must have somthing to do with the different light they are recieving. Im gonna have to do some research on this cause its got me thinkin. Anywho I got some pics that I will upload after I take the kids to the beach this aft. Be back in a few hours, Gonna park my ass on the grass and smoke some also and read the game of thrones book my wife bought me for christmas. While the kids play in the lake. Good times all take it easy...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014060715103669.bmp 
Views:	27 
Size:	225.1 KB 
ID:	59548Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140607151040175.bmp 
Views:	26 
ID:	59549Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140607151050481.bmp 
Views:	24 
ID:	59550Hey all just a couple shots of the plants progress outdoors. The 1st and 2nd pic is of the same plant Texadaskunk or Texada NorthernLights its on or the other. That is a 2 litre bottle beside the plant to give a general size. In the past two weeks they have grown to about the 1 foot mark. I sharpen'd my hatchet today at work so wednesday when I start to put the auto's out Ill have to fall a couple trees to give max exposure to the sun. They get lots of water so thats not the issue. I gave them the first full 2ml per liter of water Jungle Juice and a bit of Tarantula and piranah. Those two latter products really do look like they are helpin the growth like it says it will. Growth has been fantastic. The weird thing Ive noticed is that all the vegetative material that has grown under the cfl's have all faded and fallen off of each of the plants. Geuss that leafy material couldnt handle the sun properly and made it make some good veg and the weak stuff couldnt handle it like I said and died off. Make any sence. All the autos are doin good and will go out wednesday through to the weekend. One of the little Epic auto's have started to flower already at 5 inches tall. Must have stunted it, The first one I started is about 15 inches tall and started to flower as well. Blackjack auto is lookin like it will be flowering in about 10 days. Once all of these autos are outside Im gonna have to flip the lights to 12/12 to flower up the photo plants I got. It will effect the yeilds of the autos but oh well what can ya do eh. A little is better than none is what I say. I just wanted to see what these auto buds look like anyways. Yeild dont matter too much this crop, Well not that much but more is better. Will take some indoor pics when these auto's are outside. Man are the mosquitos bad this year already. I have to cover my face with a bandanna and wear my camo rain suit to stop em from bitin through the material on my back. Should be a great deterant to keep any ripers at bay. STay cool all...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

there looking good brother cant wait to watch them grow
    “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
    Sebastian Marincolo

Thumbs Up/Down

I went out today after work and with my little freshly sharpened hatchet I started to fall some more trees to allow more sun on the plants. The photosensative strains are doin ok growin nice. some of the automatics look like they are stunted, Mabey Im just gettin paranoid at this early stage.
    Speakin of auto's I started to bring out the white urkle and fire strains today. Put them in a nice little sunny spot today. Will be bringin out 4 a day for the rest of the week. Now the plants are gonna be gettin at least 10 hours of direct sun each day now so I should see some better growth real soon. Will keep yall updated...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

So I got all the plants out today, Thats gonna be it for this season. I got lots of plants out this year, 4 times as much as last year. Got lost in the woods today also which really sucked glad I was wearin my rubber boots. Found one of my epic auto plots that I thought I lost and when I got close I could smell it. It started to flower already, I think that the jiffy pellets may have stunted it, cause it was flowerin already. It is in a nice sunny spot and is about 1 ft tall and really skunky. All the photo's were standin nice and healthy. It was rainin today and I think that with the trees that I cut down the other day is really helpin them produce much better. Most of them are up to my knee in height and Im 6 ft tall so that makes em around the foot mark so far. not bad for three week almost out there. Do hope they turn female for me. But at least Im gonna have some mid august buds to smoke while waitin on the photo's to finish up. Cant complain about that eh. Sucked that I got turned around out there, By the time me and charlie got out we were about 6 city block away from were we should have been. That sucked. But knowin how they are doin ok is makin my happy.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Got me some of that free sample Dr willards water catalyst. Not a bad amount also I wasnt thinkin that the bottle would be as big as It is. 8 fl ounces will last me a long while, I plan on using it with my outdoor plants at a rate of 1-2ml per gallon of water. I read that it could cause the plants to absorb the nutes much better but could cause nute burn and they say to keep an eye out for that. So At 1-2ml's that should go a long way and hopefully have some posative results on my ganga plants outdoors. Sceptical about using it indoors as I dont want a weird taste in my buds that people tell me that catalysts can do. So will see if it will work like they say outdoors. Wish me luck, Im gonna go out tomorrow and will take some pics for yall to see. Stay cool all and thanks Pit viper for the headsup on this free sample...KIM
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 692/1

good luck bro
    keep us posted on how it works or not
    i never got my sampel
    i filled out the thingey about 3 weeks ago ?
    o well
    story of my life
    but i did get my cheese quake lol

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Hey KIM
    You have to stop using it around 5-6th week of flower to effectively stop any taste in bud. I'm mixing 15 ml of Dr. Willards to 32 ounce water for folier as per instructions and 15 ml in 4 gal of water for my hydro mix and never more than 60 ml in any amount of water. Because of the increased amount of nutrient absorption you cut the nutes 30-50% when using product in feed water to avoid burn.
    I have spoken with Chris at Riverdale Health Products (Canadian rep) and he recommends a side by side test. I have 3 plants on folier and two with 1/2 nutes & Dr W and saw an improvement on all plants by third day. This product is added to drinking water as well but in a clear formula so the water is not brown.
    Cost $120.00 ca for 4 ltr plus 18.00 shipping.
    Chris says they have been selling to cannabis growers in Canada for 19 years.
    If the hydro mix works well it will cut your nutrient costs dramatically.

Enjoy, but do a controlled test first.

Peace Bro

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 84/0
    Given: 195/0

Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    Hey KIM
    You have to stop using it around 5-6th week of flower to effectively stop any taste in bud.
    Hi nobit
    I've also read that from a few well intentioned,but misinformed individual postings regarding the potential of the extended use of silica has to affect or influence the flavor in the past.but as far as i know in my experience that has never happened nor have i personally never noticed any type of flavor alteration in the end product,Silica itself is not absorbed by the fruit or flowers of the plants that it is used on,,,and i have never read any actual scientific or testing data make that claim either,as far as i am aware it can used safely throughout the entire growing process.sometimes we have to be weary of what sources are used especially on forums,though as well intentioned as they are,sometimes they are factually incorrect,I've done it myself.
    these are just a few articles regarding it's correct application.
    this is a quote from the Essentials growth management website.
    http://growcontrol.co.uk/index.php?q=node/30
    "Silicon also assists the even uptake of nutrients and helps prevent toxic build-up of nutrients in plant tissue and reduces water loss through transpiration.

This awareness of the benefits that silicon plays in plant health and nutrition, means we should no longer ignore its value and wherever possible, include its use in all hydroponics feeding schedules.

Silicon is classed as an immobile element so once the plant has incorporated this element into the cell wall the plant cannot move it anywhere else."

http://www.flairform.com/Products/si...ydroponics.htm
    "Why silica additives are needed in hydroponics?

The silica (SiO2) content in the leaves (etc.) of 'soil grown' plants ranges from 1-10% of their dry weight. This silica is potentially supplied from both the feed water and the soil:

bullet

Feed water: Natural (i.e. uncontaminated) waters commonly contain around 5 mg/L soluble silica. Hence soil grown plants potentially enjoy a feed of soluble silica each time the plant is watered.
    bullet

Soil: Sand is composed largely of silica, therefore, the roots of soil grown plants are immersed in a potential "silica reservoir". Although this form of silica is very insoluble it does dissolve slowly - especially with alkaline waters.

However, plants grown in hydroponic systems without soluble silica supplements, typically contain much less silica in their cells. This occurs because, unlike soil grown plants, silica is virtually absent at the root-zone:

bullet

Recycling systems: Once the plant consumes the silica present in the make-up water, no more silica is available. Of course if either rainwater or RO (reverse osmosis) water is used, no soluble silica is present.
    bullet

Inert mediums: Unlike 'soil', inert mediums are unable to yield silica.

Research shows that the absence of silica in hydroponics can cause plant health to be less than optimum.

*Note, silica cannot be included in concentrated nutrient formulations because stable silica solutions are by nature highly alkaline. It must therefore be added separately.

When to use Silica?

Silica should be used from seed to harvest: To benefit new growth, silica must be present at all times in the nutrient solution. Electron microscopy and x-ray analysis both confirm that once silica is deposited, it can no longer be redistributed within the plant."

http://www.cannabis.info/UK/library/...ls-of-silicon/
    "Remember, Silicon is the cement that that sits between the bricks in the cell walls of your plants. Once it has been deposited it will not move around inside the plant, so it’s important to continuously feed Silicon throughout the entire life cycle. This will ensure that all new growth in your plants benefits from the effects."

───────▄──█──▄────────
    ───────█─▐█▌─█────────
    ─────▀▄▐▌▐█▌▐▌▄▀──────
    ──────▀▄█▄█▄█▄▀───────
    ───────▄▄▀║▀▄▄────────
    ░░░░░░░░WE░ARE░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░╦░╦╗╔╗╦╔╗╦╗░░░░░░
    ░░░░░║░╠░║╦║║║║║░░░░░░
    ░░░░░╩╝╩╝╚╝╩╚╝╝╚░░░░░░

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanx PitViper
    My plan was to do a side by side and let the odd plant go full term to see if there was any substance to the claims, primarily because there was nothing to support them. I read that Silica comprises 90% of the earth's crust. I will check out the links you provided.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Im just wonderin if this stuff will help make my outdoor plants become monster bushes. That would be great, Its been raining a lot the past week around here. We got flooded out the other day with 5 inches of rain within 24hrs. Over the past 8 days we had rain for 5 of them, So there gettin lots of water oweeks since ut there
    I just got this stuff yesterday, No headsup at all that they got the notice or delivery was goin on. It was around 3 since I placed the free order.

Day 2 of my indoor flowering stage, Kinda wanting to give this stuff a try inside to see if it will help the big bud and bud candy make sweet fat flowers. Will try at a low dose of that willards catalyst 1-2 ml's per gallon of lake water If its not rainin tomorrow Ill get out there to see if I can take pics. I want to see if the last round of automatics are doin ok since puttin them out with all the rain and all.
    Yours will get to you H&W420 dont stress. Let us know how you like it when you try to use it.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Ok pic time, Dont know if this will work with the restore auto saved content. forgot to charge the damn laptop before uploading pics. Anyways Lost a bunch of plants due to too much damn rain. Still have over 20 of them out there growin really good so far. The pics are just a bunch of randoms as I walked up to them. Lookin pretty happy so far eh, The tallest is over the 2 ft mark and the shortest at 1 foot high. The one Charlie stepped on is still alive just a little floppy but still robust, Should make it. Man what a rainy month of june so far, Only had three days without rain never seen this before, And it has to happen when I get more than 60 plants outside go figure. Still over twenty and I still have to weed out the males. Hope that the girls in the bunch produce really well, Stinkin Northern Ontario weather. But all the ones that have made it are doin pretty damn well I must say so. Gave em some of that Dr. Willards stuff and it seems to be doin a good job. Nothing really eatin my leafs but not bushin up as much as I would like to see, Still have at least one month of veg left before flowerin starts judgin by last year. So lets see if Im gonna have to upload again. Attachment 59655Attachment 59656Attachment 59657Attachment 59658Attachment 59659Attachment 59660Attachment 59661Attachment 59662Attachment 59663Attachment 59664
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Think I found my perfect job. One of them licensed producers of med pot are opening up shop in the area and are lookin for grow room assistance, final processing shit like that. Im gonna call them direct tomorrow they are advertising in the locl paper to go through the local comunity job bank but fuck that I dont want to talk to them about my experience. I think it will show some ambition that I will call them direct, They put there phone number in the article I was readin so dont think it will be too much of a invasion that I call em. Will be able to tell them about my experience also. Dont know but whats it gonna hurt right, That would be wicked growin pot for a living and a hobby med suplyer to my family. Do you guys think it would be too much to call em direct?
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 294/0
    Given: 220/0

Like you said, it shows motivation and ambition on your part. Also, they shouldn't have included their phone number if they didn't want you to call them!

Thumbs Up/Down

It also puts a target on you KIM. SSShhhhhhhh

N
    Nohibition

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 692/1

kim me and the wife worked 4 a care giver in colorado
    9 pounds every 2 monts
    trimmed till i had a thumb callus
    and blisters from the sicors
    but it was the best job we ever had