Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Skunk

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Sweet Skunk

i needed to fill in my new veg room lol so i pop 10 SS can't wait to see how they do ........ if anyone has grown SS out hit me up and let me no how it grows
    “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
    Sebastian Marincolo

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 98/1
    Given: 123/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Can't wait to see the sweet skunk..it's been a strain i have been wanting to grow for sometime now..good luck brother!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 658/0
    Given: 667/1

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Ya ive grown the sweet skunk and its really nice strain. Its a stretcher but rewards you with very nice crystally buds..Lets see if I still have some pics on here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss8weeks.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	735.1 KB 
ID:	58754   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ssweek7dlower.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	746.9 KB 
ID:	58755   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sweetskunk6weeks.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	657.8 KB 
ID:	58756  
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 825/0
    Given: 904/1

Quote Originally Posted by LostFrog View Post
    i needed to fill in my new veg room lol so i pop 10 SS can't wait to see how they do ........ if anyone has grown SS out hit me up and let me no how it grows
    hey frog this is the perfect strain for the uncle bens topping method. mj says veg two weeks on the psbc site its got some stretch bro. so if you ub you can veg a little longer. it was a nice eater and grows like crazy, just be careful if your trying to keep an even canopy you may want to flower these by themselves they will grow pass everything in flower room. excellent choice and will be a great compliment to your k x nl.

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Mj says on his description that it does stretch a lot, Start flowering after 2 weeks to get one main bud. Man your gonna have your hands full with all them strains. Keep a close eye out for pests that like to move in on a crowded room with lots of places to hide. Good luck..K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

all 10 have crack and got tails im putting them in soil to night
    “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
    Sebastian Marincolo

Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thats F**n awesome Lostfrog, Your germination rates are kickin ass. Ive had good results with my peakseeds beans also. Great Male/Female ratio also.. Like I said your gonna have your hands full with all these strains. Different feeding regimes and all. Are you doin this all alone? Good for you if so, I want to upgrade my cab to double the size im rockin now. That would be wicked. Keep em growin...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

yea with peak they pop every time .... my dad still comes by and help time to time hes who got me in to growing he did outdoor for years and some indoor hydro in late 80s to late 90s then he got out of growing till i started up a few years ago and now i grow my parents meds as well as my meds
    Sebastian Marincolo

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 0/0

Sweet Skunk is a beast. Just my kind of plant and definitely in my top 3 plants I've experienced. Indoors she is lovely, unfortunately, she won't quite finish up outdoors for me (43* lat.) but that doesn't stop me. I take clones right around the summer solstice and let them root inside. Then, once they root, I'll start flowering them on 12/12 or so (maybe 13/11), for a week or two. All the while I'm hardening them off. Then, outside they go! Keep in mind this is mid in July. By mid to late September, those Sweet Skunk clones are glimmering 3 foot sticks of bud! This way I get to grow even the most sativa phenos of Sweet Skunk (which I love the most) outdoors with plenty of time to spare. This strain is perfect for this method.

Super frosty, potent as hell, and what a lil pig on the nutes. She will take whatever you throw at her. I remember when I first had her I was experimenting with a new nutrient program, thought I was doing something wrong- I would push and push her and she will eat it right up- Nothing was wrong, shes just a beast.

Everybody should try Sweet Skunk at least once. Indoors or outdoors, she's a gem. Peak's crosses of her are great too. Skunkberry and Kush Skunk are absolutely amazing!

So, LastFrog, buckle the F up, brother! You're in for a ride. You're going to have a lot of fun with her, I know I have. There will always be at least one SS in my nursery. Yea, I wifed her.

As a matter of fact, I just convinced myself to send for another pack.

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Does your oldman have any of the beans of old still kicking around? I was hopin to get some cambodian beans from the old feller who turned me on to growin 20 yrs ago, but he lost them somewhere in his house. That was some pretty potent bud, Pretty stringy kinda but really strong. Ha that reminds me, when I was a teenager at that friends house we were wanting to get some bud to go dirtbiking with. couldnt find his stash and we were cold. My friend got the idea that we should clean out his air ducts, Holy shit 16 or somthing pounds of bud and 6 bricks of hash. We were shocked and each ate 1/8th of hash and grabbed a bud. The old man was all like you fuckers and then said fuckit your not smoking all my shit and started showing us how to grow it ourselfs. Gotta love the really cool oldtimers, One day Ill be showing someone how to grow this plant of ours. What was his favorite strain?
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

lol i wish he still had his seeds and cuts .... he loved acapulco gold still talks about it like it was the best shit he's ever grown lmao ... he loved skunk #1 and NL in the 90s lmao
    Sebastian Marincolo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Sounds like your "old man" is around my age. lol
    Acapulca Gold, Cambodian, , Tai.
    When sensi started showing up no one wanted to find seeds in their stash anymore.
    No one cared about strain all you heard was "I got some sensi" Shit if we knew then what we know now.
    Say High to your old man.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

old coots......forgot panama red? lol it's been awhile hasn't it, I first tried it 40 yrs ago this summer.... ouch that hurts lol

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by T&G View Post
    old coots......forgot panama red? lol it's been awhile hasn't it, I first tried it 40 yrs ago this summer.... ouch that hurts lol
    To make matters worse I'm getting so old I can't remember most of the strains from back in the 60s. What I do remember was being pissed off when seeds started disappearing. I was never a "grower" but I did try frequently with some modest success and that was simply watering. One thing was for sure, you got way more males and I didn't know the difference until I realized the pot with no seeds (or buds) was really crap...lol. Didn't even know what sensi meant. Anyway I got discouraged and just bought my weed. I remember buying lids which I believe were 1/8ths.

Thanks for sending me on this trip down memory lane. Now I'm gonna go have my nap. lol

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

Lmao

Thumbs Up/Down

My parent wasted their time not embrassing the 60's and 70's "prudes" I should have been born in the 50s man. It would have been a blast.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

lmao ... ok guys got 6 up and the other 4 should be up tomorrow .... il get some pics up when they all pop up lol
    Sebastian Marincolo

Thumbs Up/Down

Sorry Lost Frog got 'er stuck in rewind.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

all 10 of my SS are up can't wait to see if they blow past the BB seedling i got going lol ... got to love peakseeds bc germination rate hehe .... pics coming soon so keep stopping in
    Sebastian Marincolo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 92/0
    Given: 95/0

Hey Lostfrog,

Thought you might be interested that I just germinated peaks SS myself starting April 1. Now 9 days in and transplanted to 6" net pots with hydroton in a flood and drain tray. Also got good germination 10/10. If you are interested, I might throw a few comparison pics up here a bit further down the road when it gets fun. Growing right now on a 12 +1 hour photo period and will switch to 12/12 at about 2-3weeks. I did this with my stretchy sativa Leda Uno last year at this time and it worked out well with 60 days of flowering done by mid june just before it gets hot outside around here.

Thumbs Up/Down

yea brother that would be great post as many pics you want
    Sebastian Marincolo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 475/1

Thumbs up Pix Pockets

I smell a small scale grow-off brewing
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

im up for it LOL ... il get my ass kick but sounds fun lmao
    Sebastian Marincolo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 92/0
    Given: 95/0

Yer On! Don't think I have ever been in a grow contest before.

They were a bit cool during the dark cycle lately so I have bumped my lights up to 24/0 for a bit. I am on a bit of a humidity kick right now. I live in a dry climate and heat with wood so my indoor humidity is very low, sometimes less than 20% and ranging up to 25-30%. For years I have thought it to be no real problem, at least I had no mold right? Then circumstance set out to prove me wrong.

When I grew in soil, no matter how little fertilizer I used or how soft my water, I ended up with plants suffering from tip and leaf burn, ph changes, and nutrient lockout.

When I grew autoflowers indoors I would end up with lot of stunted plants. When I grew the same plants outdoors under a crop cover, they exploded in growth and delivered bumper crops.

Then when I harvested and cured my herb it was good and potent but never seemed to have great taste and you had to squish it a bit to get it to smell.

So I got to reading about advanced curing methods using an accurate hygrometer to measure the amount of moisture inside my curing containers. I dried my last crop inside my grow closet and monitored the humidity raising it to 60-70%. Normally it would be low at 40% or less. I used wet towels and circulation fan and managed to slow drying down enough that it was a full 7 days to semi-cracking stem stage. Then I transferred it to a rubbermaid tub and burped it until I had a steady humidity of 65%. After another week of curing I went to the jars.

Well the difference in my harvest was like night and day! All of sudden it had flavour, taste and smell. It was dank! It was clearly the difference in humidity that was at work.

So I started exploring how to create a controlled atmospheric humidity in my closet. Then I discovered the term Vapour Pressure Deficit. The definition is a bit complex but basically it is about how low and high relative humidity determine the transpiration rate of your plants. At high humidity plants transpire less water through though their leaves and at low humidity plants transpire much more water. They may transpire so much that the plant has to close its pores to survive and growth stops. As it transpires it draws in water and nutrients, too much water and nutrients, leading to nutrient toxicity and lockouts! Slow growth and stunted plants are common. Now many people grow in climates with more moderate and higher humidity and never experience any problems with low humidity. They may need an air conditioner or dehumidfier to avoid mold. Not me! All I have to do to lower humidity is turn on the fan. I also noticed along the way that my plants grew better with less light. This too was related to humidity. Less light= less heat and less ventilation= higher humidity.

So now I am aiming for humidity in the 50-70% range. Depending on the stage of growth and temperature. Got a nice CAP HUM-1 humidity controller and yesterday I built an ultrasonic fogger unit that blows fog where ever I want it. Now my closet is at 50-70% depending on how much the fan is on to control temperatures. So far so good, the skunk babies have there first true leaves and are working on the second set.

Thumbs Up/Down

well i 8 going great but 2 of them wont stand up and open no shell or skin on them just wont open all the way up and wont stand up Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HNI_0019.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	58838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HNI_0020.JPG 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	58839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HNI_0021.JPG 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	58840Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HNI_0022.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	58841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HNI_0023.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	58842Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HNI_0024.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	58843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HNI_0025.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	58844 but if 8 all i get ill work with it lol
    Sebastian Marincolo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast