Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: K.I.M.'s Stuff

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

hey brother how much are you averaging weight wise per plant dried? just curious..got something up my sleeve..using cfl,s they look great happy harvesting..
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

K.I.M. you do a amazing job with just CFLs with every added up how many watts are you running ?
    “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
    Sebastian Marincolo

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    hey brother how much are you averaging weight wise per plant dried? just curious..got something up my sleeve..using cfl,s they look great happy harvesting..
    Well Mr. Jam to answer your question first we must examine the way I grow and strains I use.. Nah just kiddin, But seriously if Im growing a bushy hybrid strain and use a screen then I yeild just over or under an ounce per plant. Single cola dominant strains Lemon Chunk and C-99 I get around 17 - 23 grms per plant. Now thats with a 21-28 day veg cycle. Now that Im using some good Nutrients with these Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice and addatives my plants look juicier and bigger. So me thinks that my weight is getting larger. Looks like Im getting a 10-15% increase in weight. Thanks for the compliment jam they are looking really nice, The Texada NorthernLights I sampled yesterday and got nice and baked for 2 solid hours and I pulled a bowl's worth off of one of my Cindy 99's today and dried it in the sun on my windowsill for 2 hrs. Smoked it and was flyin high for an hour and half and then fell asleep. Tasted very nice, Man Im glad I got turned on to c-99 as Im really liking how frosty she gets and the taste. Very unique to this strain so far but Im really diggin it.
    So whatcha gonna be doin with them cfl's huh jam. A little stealth cab? You can make a little 2 plant cfl stealth box, Perfect for a couple automatics. If so than Im here if you need some questions answered about setting up a cfl garden or what bulbs to use. Very simple but effective. Take it easy jam,...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LostFrog View Post
    K.I.M. you do a amazing job with just CFLs with every added up how many watts are you running ?
    Thanks man I appreciate the compliment, Lets see I have 14 23 watt bulbs rockin now. Would have 16 but one branch grew too tall during the stretch phase and to make the room for it I had to remove two of em. 276 watts runnin at the moment. 2-4500 k Bulbs right in the middle, 4 - 6500k bulbs and 8 - 2700k to round off a good spectrum. I like to keep the 4500k bulbs in the whole time and just switch up the 8 2700k's to 6500k during flower. you know reverse every bulb to veg. I really want to get a 180 watt led ufo then I can get rid of half of these cfl's to help reduce the heat.

I bought a new 7 inch computer fan and a regular 4 inch one yesterday that Im gonna install right after this harvest to help air flow. So thats what I got two 4 bulb vantiy strips with bulb socket splitters to double that bulbage, Mounted to a square piece of plywood with thin chain to lower and raise to lights.Works fantastically and under 300 watts total with every thing. Thanks again for the compliment my man. You grow a mean plant also....K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

saveing some power with your cfl grow box big time when both my rooms are running it got to be around 1600w with both lights and fans going lol
    “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
    Sebastian Marincolo

Thumbs Up/Down

Shit my hydro bill would be 200$ a month if I was runnin that much. It cost's me around 26 dollars a month to grow my 3 ounces of ganga every 4 months. So $104 I get $900 some odd dollars worth of dank if I was to buy it by the O at 3 bill's Some O's are goin for almost $360 and not the best lookin bud goin. I was offerd $25 a gram, But dont sell so he missed out. I like to smoke with my friends, Give a bud here and there especially if they are sick or hurt. And then theres my father in law that I give his medication supply from every harvest. Hes been depending on me so Im happy to give him some potent bud, Better than what he can find around the GTA, That sess crap full of sticks and seeds. Dont know why they like that shit so much there. Only if they knew that there is so much great bud around Toronto that they dont have to settle for crap. But my pops cant afford it so I GIVE it to him happily..K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Hey guys
    you've seen my veg cab it has a perforated blind (re-purposed) front which allows some heat to escape if the heat gets above 70 (rarely) I just raise the blind to allow air to escape more easily. There's a 6" household fan blowing across the top of my cfls (16 x 23w). The bottom is about 30" off floor and is removable which allows me to put larger buckets in (DWC).
    As you pointed out KIM my cfls are the same rig you have set up but no heat or air circulation issues with the blind.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

i got a little something something im throwing around in my head check you inbox
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    i got a little something something im throwing around in my head check you inbox
    Come on Jam Man...I hate secrets and love makin' stuff.
    Watcha makin", huh, come on...lol

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

I hope I can yield out as well. If I can manage 4.5 ounces per harvest, that would give me 1.5 per month. Not a lot, but still about 3-4 times what I could afford to buy from an LP. And it'll only be costing me about $50/month on average for power, feed/nutes/soil, bulbs, and some investment in genetics.

The CFLs produce more heat than I had expected going in, but no where near as much as the equivalent HPS wattage does. Which is surprising, considering that with an HPS the ballast is *outside* the cabinet, while with CFLs they're built into the base.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

So sorry guys,I got my wife to help me trim my plants cause Ive been feeling like shit latley and she didnt let me take pics. Gotta listen to the queen so the kingdom can live in peace. But anyways it took us 3.5 hours to trim and hang everything. This was her second tim trimming bud, And now I remember why. She was disasterous at trimmin my precious plants cutting innocent buds in half and tried to leave small leafs on them. But couldnt get mad she was helpin me and she should be decent by the fall harvest (I hope). But It is done and hanging up on some hemp lines to dry. That was a couple days ago, Like I said feelin like shit somthin feirce nowadays. Smoked the scissor hash and holycrap what a buzz. I was stoned nice and proper. What I got should give me enough to last till the end of summer, For me and my pops that is. Ladybear, C-99 and Texada northernlights smoke reports coming soon. I smoked some C-99 and it seems so much stronger this time around. Must be from the Advanced Nutrients Ive used, Didnt really use to much of them during growing them, 1ml per liter Jungle Juice and 2ml per Ltr Bud candy. 1 tsp per gallon water mollasses. Really easy to grow strains, Got a couple clones of the TN that I will use as a mother for my outdoor plants, and a reversing project indoors. Will have to vacume out my box and get rid of my old dirt. gonna mix it with the native soils in some of my plots. Gonna set up my new fans I got and do all that tomorrow. Dropping my new round of photo beans into little cups of water for a day then into jiffy pots to start. Will have two rounds of smoke reports, one for the first try right after dryin then the proper one after a two week cure when all of the terpenes are perfectly done.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 367/0
    Given: 254/0

Hope you're feeling better soon.

I love scissor hash!!!!

I had similar issues with Mrs. JohnnyMan, but after a while she became a trimming/lollipoping expert.
    I wish it was bong time

I'm up to 15 strains, and lovin' it:

1. Black Diamond OG Kush
    2. Cannatonic
    3. Purple Kush
    . Hippie Headband (2 phenotypes but not sure what to label them)
    5. Skunk Berry (both Skunk and Blueberry phenotypes)
    6. LA Confidential
    7. OG Kush
    8. Rockstar
    9. OG Ghost Train x Haze #1
    10. Sunshine Daydream
    11. Temple
    12. Pure Kush X Uzbek Hash
    13. C99
    14. Purps
    15. Rockstar Kush

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Ok I got all the bud jarred up and did alright. I smoked som Ladybear today and its pretty strong. Tastes weird, Kinda skunky, I just cant put a name to the taste but I like it. I havent grown or smoked a lot of NorthernSkunk or Skunkberry yet so dont know what is shining through with this cross. I think that the NS is more prevelant, I used a male NS on the SB and have read that if you want a certain trait look for it in the male. You will have a better chance at getting what you want. Dont know if that is true but would like to try that a couple times to see if it has any merit to it. The smoke was smooth but expands in the lungs. Nice awake high with a nice numbin feeling througout the body. Smoked about a 1/4 grm Joint to myself and was nice and stoned for 2 1/2 hrs and that was 4 hrs ago. Now I kinda feel like takin a nap so gonna try the C-99 to see if that will help wake me up. I like this Ladybear and for my first ever time growing seeds in my bud Im a happy man. Thanks again Shadimar for teaching me how to do that right. Now I got to make my own from scratch using pure breeding stock and making them femminized with Colloidal Silver. Still got two other strain I made that I still need to try, TNL x NS and Lemon Chunk x NorthernSkunk. That last one Im lookin forwards to for sure that Lemon Chunk was pretty damn good. Heres to new strains of Ganga, Lets see more....K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123