Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Finally Resting In Peace medpot's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 28/0
    Given: 5/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Re: Decision for MMAR Injunction tomorow!

Here's the related article, so let's hope for the best my Friends!

The Province

Federal changes preventing medical marijuana growing unconstitutional, B.C. court hears

BY JAMES KELLER, THE CANADIAN PRESS MARCH 18, 2014

A lawyer told Federal Court the new regulations are expected to cause prices to rise and some
    patients have found that specific strains that work for them would no longer be available.
    Photograph by: Elaine Thompson , AP

VANCOUVER — Changes to the medical marijuana program that will force patients to stop growing their own pot will violate the rights of those who won't be able to afford marijuana under the new system or obtain strains that work for them, their lawyer told Federal Court on Tuesday.

More than a decade after a landmark court case forced Ottawa to legalize medical marijuana, a group of patients were in Federal Court on Tuesday asking a judge to temporarily block new regulations that will limit production to approved commercial growers.

As of April 1, patients currently licensed to grow or possess medical marijuana under the old system will be breaking the law unless they dismantle their grow-ops and destroy their plants and seeds.

The patients' lawyer, John Conroy, urged the judge to issue an injunction to allow those patients to continue growing and possessing marijuana under the old regulations until their legal challenge goes to trial.

He argued the law will deprive the patients of their right to access important medicine, and he pointed to the federal government's own research that concludes medical marijuana prices are expected to initially increase when the new rules take effect.

"The legislation not only doesn't address the poor or those who can't afford (marijuana under the new system), but it takes away the right to produce completely," Conroy told the court.

"The government ... has come up with a scheme that doesn't create a supply to everyone and expects those who can't afford it to wait and see what happens over time instead of preserving the constitutional rights of the patients."

Dozens of people filled the public gallery, including patients and medical marijuana advocates, some of whom could be seen smoking pot outside before the hearing started. The distinct smell of marijuana hung in the courtroom as lawyers presented their arguments.

The federal government first introduced its medical marijuana regulations in 2001, a year after an Ontario court found the law violated the rights of sick people who used pot to alleviate their ailments.

The number of people authorized to possess — and often grow — marijuana has increased to 37,000 this year from fewer than 100 in 2001.

The Conservative government announced a significant overhaul of the system last year and has since been accepting applications from commercial growers.

The federal government has defended the new regulations by arguing home grow-ops pose numerous hazards, including mould, fire, toxic chemicals and the threat of home invasion by criminals.

Conroy told the court the federal government has presented little evidence to show medical marijuana growers represent a significant risk to the public.

He said the government is instead relying on anecdotes from police. Even then, Conroy said the government has identified only a few hundred problem cases out of tens of thousands of medical marijuana licences.

"We don't dispute for a minute that there is abuse," said Conroy. "We just say that the abuses and the abusers shouldn't be allowed to prejudice the legitimate users."

Jan Brongers, a lawyer for the federal government, said there is no constitutional right to subsidized medicine. He rejected the patients' claims that medical marijuana will be out of reach under the new regime.

"The evidence doesn't show it will be so expensive that these plaintiffs, who apparently can afford to set up and maintain their own operations, will be completely unable to afford this legal supply of marijuana," said Brongers.

He said the government's goal of protecting the public should outweigh the patients' concerns about price and quality.

Brongers also argued that allowing the new system to take effect will help the court to see how patients are actually affected by the time the case makes it to trial.

"We submit that if the motion (for an injunction) is dismissed, it would give the new commercial marijuana market a chance to get off the ground," said Brongers.

"It will ensure that when this court actually conducts a trial, it can do so with the benefit of evidence of months worth of practical experience."

Health Canada has said anyone licensed to grow under the current rules must sign a form by April 30 confirming they have stopped growing and have destroyed their plants. The department has warned that anyone who doesn't comply will be reported to police.

The patients' lawyer also asked for an injunction that would prevent Health Canada from following through on that threat.

The judge said he expects to rule on the injunction application by Friday.

A trial date has not been set. Brongers said a trial would likely be scheduled for early next year, though the judge suggested the case may be heard earlier than that.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

"The evidence doesn't show it will be so expensive that these plaintiffs, who apparently can afford to set up and maintain their own operations, will be completely unable to afford this legal supply of marijuana," said Brongers.
    Well it's early for the stupid statement of the day award, but this wins it.

The reason, Wrongers, why someone would choose to grow their own at a much cheaper rate than buy it from someone else at a much higher rate is because it is much cheaper to grow your own at a much cheaper rate than it is to buy it at a markup from someone else who is making a large profit by selling it at a much higher rate.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thanks for posting the update Medpot.

He said the government's goal of protecting the public should outweigh the patients' concerns about price and quality.

We are the public...so protect us.
    Patients concerns about the cost and quality of their medication is paramount.

Set up costs are a one time expense, If I add in my costs to feed and maintain I'm at 1-2 bucks a gram. Once again the gov is using there special mathematical equation.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Not to mention Designated Growers and those who grow outdoors (for themselves and designated patients).

Set up cost can be as little as receiving gifted beans and adding them to an existing greenhouse.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Brongers also argued that allowing the new system to take effect will help the court to see how patients are actually affected by the time the case makes it to trial.

Compassion as defined by Harper...take their meds away.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKK KKKKKKKKKKKK.

Let the new system take effect, just keep your word with us and grandfather us in, we aren't going to live for ever. Good grief how hard can this be for them to see.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    Thanks for posting the update Medpot.

We are the public...so protect us.
    Patients concerns about the cost and quality of their medication is paramount.

Set up costs are a one time expense, If I add in my costs to feed and maintain I'm at 1-2 bucks a gram. Once again the gov is using there special mathematical equation.

N

You're welcome nohibition

If we get our Federal Court injunction against 'Hellth' Canada tomorrow, no one under the MMAR will have to send their STUPID letter by April 30th...isn't it?

I read somewhere that the Federal Court judge was apparently shocked and quite distraught when he saw that letter...threatening to send cops after permanently ill and dying Canadians.

So let's cross our fingers for a positive court decision tomorrow!

Marc

Thumbs Up/Down

"We submit that if the motion (for an injunction) is dismissed, it would give the new commercial marijuana market a chance to get off the ground," said Brongers.
    I wonder.. how is this any different than telling all of the self sufficient people and those served by DG's that they must now buy from a select group of profiteers?

And given that dispensaries are still not legal, how is this any different from declaring that only a few have the right to this massive nation-wide cash grab?

And hell.. I can't resist. Please tell me of this new commercial marijuana market that never existed before in Canada

I hear people are selling weed nowadays?
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Attrition against brute stupidity, we're a tenacious bunch. I'm sure a good number of cops feel the same way about busting pensioners and sick people. I wonder sometimes what the general public would think if they new that a high percentage of MM users are older, responsible people who have worked hard, raised a family and paid their taxes. So many people are still thinking about the 60s and 70s and think we're a bunch of radicals and hippies. I'm proud to say I was, none the less social stigma is part of the problem.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Default News Release: MMAR COALITION AGAINST REPEAL

Received the following by email;

Today at 1:24 PM

MMAR COALITION AGAINST REPEAL

On March 18th, 2014, the Federal court in Vancouver heard our application for an interim injunction to preserve the right of patients and caregivers to grow their own medical cannabis. The Coalition's legal team, led by John W. Conroy, QC, argued that existing personal and designated producer growing licenses should remain in force while our case (Allard et al. v. R.) is tried.

The MMAR Coalition Against Repeal was created to protect the rights and health of over 40,000 Canadian medical cannabis patients by funding and launching this historic legal challenge.

At the end of the day-long hearing, the judge stated that he would rule on the injunction application no later than Friday, March 21, and that in his opinion, an expedited trial for the constitutional challenge would be better for all parties.

"We cannot predict what the ruling on the interim injunction will be", said Jason Wilcox speaking for the Coalition. "We hope that the court will agree that shutting down our personal gardens on April 1 will severely harm patients, and that such a shutdown must not happen before our challenge is properly heard. We are looking forward to demonstrating in court that the revocation of these licenses is an unacceptable and unjustified attack on patients' rights."

For more information, please refer to these web sites:
    mmarcoalitionagainstrepeal.com
    johnconroy.com

Or contact:
    Jason Wilcox (BC) 604 562 7731 cannabisincanada@gmail.com
    Sandra Colasanti (BC) 604 614 1389 rscolasanti@gmail.com
    Tamara Cartwright (Alberta) 403 578 3854 tamaralee9@hotmail.com
    Michael Milne (Manitoba) 204 997 0605 enjoylife@hotmail.com
    Alison Myrden (Ontario) 905 687 8287 alisonmyrden@coneco.ca
    Mary McCarty (Ontario) 519 681-5357 mccartymary@hotmail.com

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Stephen Harper gives medical patients yet another kick in the guts

Inside Belleville

March 20,2014

Stephen Harper gives medical patients yet another kick in the guts

Belleville News
    By Alan Coxwell

Unless it is all a rather nasty April Fools joke, as of April 1, 2014 life is going to be much tougher for medically challenged Canadians who have found using marijuana helps them with their illness. In a March 14, 2014 Health Canada news release, which reads like Harper wrote it himself, the threat of police action and prosecution has now been driven home to those already suffering from sickness. Essentially it says, "Do what we say or the police are coming to your house and you are going to one of the new jail cells Conservatives have built for you with your tax dollars."

In this Conservative news release titled "Changes to the Reporting Requirements in the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations" it states: "Recently, the Government of Canada amended the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations to require participants of the Marihuana Medical Access Program to provide written notice to Health Canada by April 30, 2014, stating that they no longer possess marijuana (dried marijuana, plants or seeds) obtained under the old program. Those that were authorized to grow marijuana must also attest that they have discontinued production. Participants are also required to confirm the amount of marijuana and number of plants destroyed, if any.

If participants do not comply with the requirement to notify Health Canada, the Department will notify law enforcement. The Department will also continue to cooperate with police and provide information needed to protect public safety, as appropriate."

The information the police will be given, along with orders to prosecute, includes the name, address, SIN number and all other data Health Canada forced both medical users and designated growers to supply them with under the old program, which has been in existence since 2001. The message is, "We know who you are. Where you live. And we will be coming after you." No added stress there for some very ill people.

Without the existing Canadian Court order overruling him, Harper and his evangelical/Reform cabal on Parliament Hill would allow no medical patients to use cannabis to help them handle their sickness.The opening sentence of the latest news release states: "Health Canada does not endorse the use of marijuana and is taking the necessary steps to protect public safety while providing reasonable access to marijuana for medical purposes, as ordered by the Courts."

Reasonable access? Many people suffering from various diseases which marijuana has obviously been proven to help are now, under threat of police action, forced to destroy the marijuana, plants and seeds they legally obtained under the old rules. They have to destroy it and write to Health Canada by April 30th saying they have done so or expect a Swat Team to show up at their front door at 3 a.m. brandishing a battering ram. Those who grow for themselves at home are watching their investment in equipment destroyed. These ill people are more often than not quite low on the income ladder because their illnesses limit their ability to work. Now they are being forced to buy their medicine from Harper-selected growers.

Perhaps the real criminal act here centers on the lies, willful ignorance and ongoing taxpayerfunded propaganda fed to the Canadian people by the Conservatives. Americans are realizing the outright lies told by Richard Nixon in 1971, when he declared America's War On Drugs, have got to end. Legalization has now taken place in Colorado and Washington states. Alaska is preparing to vote on legalization in August which could easily see British Columbia with American jurisdictions on both its northern and southern borders selling legal cannabis for medical as well as recreational use. Colorado realized over one million dollars in tax revenue in the first month of legalization and drug dealers have fled the state because the sales of street level drugs has dried up. Tourism is booming.

Meanwhile, here in Canada, we have a Prime Minister leading us into his own personal ideological dark ages based on ignorance and outright lies. Organized crime and street level drug dealers must once again be saying, "Thank you very much Mr. Prime Minister!" As a country, we can do better.

Alan Coxwell

Stirling

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey Medpot. That was released Mar 14th but your earlier post re:the constitutional challenge was released on the 18th. It's hard to figure out what the time line is. Has anyone found out definitively whether we are supposed to be notified by mail or not.

The letter
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey Medpot. That was released Mar 14th but your earlier post re:the constitutional challenge was released on the 18th. It's hard to figure out what the time line is. Has anyone found out definitively whether we are supposed to be notified by mail or not.

The letter
    Hi nohibition

The first thread I posted on March 14 at the top of page 1 is the 'Statement: Changes to the Reporting Requirements in the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations', and the thread that I posted at the top of page 2 on March 20 is the constitutional challenge that started on March 18.

Luckily, John Conroy had enough time to add 'Hellth' Canada's March 14 threatening letter in the Federal Court motion for the injunction that started on March 18th.

Where's the confusion?

Marc

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by medpot View Post
    Health Canada

Statement: Changes to the Reporting Requirements in the Marihuana
    for Medical Purposes Regulations

March 14, 2014
    For immediate release

OTTAWA - Health Canada does not endorse the use of marijuana and is taking the necessary steps to protect public safety while providing reasonable access to marijuana for medical purposes, as ordered by the Courts. The program introduced in 2001 under the Marihuana Medical Access Regulations was open to serious abuse and had unintended consequences for public health, safety and security, as a result of allowing individuals to produce marijuana in their homes.

The Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations, which came into force in June 2013, strengthen the safety of Canadian communities, while making sure that Canadians who are authorized, have access to marijuana grown under secure and sanitary conditions.

As of April 1, 2014, producing marijuana in a home or private dwelling will be illegal. As of that date the only legal source of marijuana will be produced under secure and quality-controlled conditions by licensed producers. Licensed producers will have to comply with strict regulatory requirements to demonstrate security and quality.

Possession and use of marijuana remains illegal in Canada unless authorized under the regulations with the support of a doctor or nurse practitioner.

Recently, the Government of Canada amended the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations to require participants of the Marihuana Medical Access Program to provide written notice to Health Canada by April 30, 2014, stating that they no longer possess marijuana (dried marijuana, plants or seeds) obtained under the old program. Those that were authorized to grow marijuana must also attest that they have discontinued production. Participants are also required to confirm the amount of marijuana and number of plants destroyed, if any.

If participants do not comply with the requirement to notify Health Canada, the Department will notify law enforcement. The Department will also continue to cooperate with police and provide information needed to protect public safety, as appropriate.

For more information:

Full text of the amended regulation to the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.

Full text of the Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement (RIAS).

Letter and Notification Form for Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations Participants.

Frequently Asked Questions on Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations

-30-

Media Inquiries:
    Health Canada
    (613) 957-2983
    Public Inquiries:
    (613) 957-2991
    1-866 225-0709
    Health Canada

Destruction of Marijuana obtained under the Marihuana Medical Access Regulations

As of April 1, 2014, the way Canadians access marijuana when authorized by a healthcare practitioner changes. The new Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR) provide for access while protecting public safety.

On or By March 31, 2014:
    • All Authorizations to Possess (ATPs), Personal-Use Production Licences (PUPLs) and Designated-Person Production Licences (DPPL) expire on March 31, 2014, even if the licence shows a later expiry date.
    • All marijuana (plants, seeds, dried) obtained under the Marihuana Medical Access Regulations (MMAR) in your possession must be destroyed and disposed of. The recommended method is to break up the plant material, blend the marijuana with water and mix it with cat litter to mask the odour. This can then be placed in your regular household garbage.

As of April 1, 2014
    • Personal production and production by designated persons of marijuana is illegal. The only way to access marijuana is from a licensed producer when authorized by a healthcare practitioner.

You are required to notify Health Canada that you no longer possess marijuana obtained under the MMAR, and if applicable, have discontinued production and have destroyed your marijuana. You are also required to confirm the amount of marijuana and number of plants destroyed, if any.

The Notification Form below is intended to help you comply with these requirements. Please complete all sections and send to Health Canada by April 30, 2014.

Completed forms can be submitted to Health Canada by facsimile to 613-952-2196, by email to mmap-pamm@hc-sc.gc.ca, or by mail to:

Health Canada
    Address Locator: 0302B
    Ottawa, ON K1A 0K9

Please note that if you do not comply with this requirement to send a notice to Health Canada by April 30, 2014, the Department will take compliance and enforcement action. This includes informing law enforcement of your failure to notify Health Canada as required under section 259.3 of the MMPR. In addition, the Department will continue to cooperate with police, and provide information needed to protect public safety, as appropriate.

For more information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions.

Notification Form

This HTML document is not a form. Its purpose is to display the information as found on the form for viewing purposes only. If you wish to use the form, you must use the alternate format below.

Help on accessing alternative formats, such as Portable Document Format (PDF), Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (PPT) files, can be obtained in the alternate format help section.

(PDF Version - 359 K)

(Obligation under section 259.3 of the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations)

Please complete all sections and send to Health Canada by April 30th, 2014

You may return the form by:

Fax: 613-952-2196;
    Email: mmap-pamm@hc-sc.gc.ca; or
    Mail: Health Canada
    Address Locator: 0302B
    Ottawa, ON K1A 0K9

Section A: Authorization / Licence Holder Information

Please indicate the type(s) of Authorization / Licence(s) you were issued and are notifying Health Canada about:
    • Authorization to Possess (ATP)
    • Personal-Use Production Licence (PUPL)
    • Designated-Person Production Licence (DPPL)

Name of Authorization/Licence Holder:

Last name
    First name
    Date of Birth:
    Day / Month / Year
    Authorization to Possess Number (If applicable):

If this notice relates to one or more DPPLs, please indicate below the name(s) of the person(s) who holds or held the authorization to possess on the basis of which your DPPL was issued:

Last Name
    First Name

Section B: Destruction

Did you destroy dried marijuana/seeds?
    • Yes
    • No

If yes, please indicate the amount of dried marijuana destroyed (in grams).

Amount of dried marijuana/seeds (in grams)

Did you destroy marijuana plants?
    • Yes
    • No

If yes, please indicate the number of marijuana plants destroyed.

Number of marijuana plants destroyed

Section C: Statement

You must destroy all marijuana by March 31, 2014. Please check all of the statements below for the authorization or licence(s) you were issued:
    • I am sending this notice in relation to an Authorization to Possess: I no longer possess dried marijuana/seeds obtained under the authority of my Authorization to Possess.
    • I am sending this notice in relation to a Personal-Use Production Licence: I have discontinued production of marijuana and no longer possess any dried marijuana/seeds or marijuana plants obtained under the authority of my Personal-Use Production Licence.
    • I am sending this notice in relation to one (1) or two (2) Designated-Person Production Licence(s): I no longer possess any dried marijuana/seeds or marijuana plants obtained under the Licence(s) and have discontinued production of marijuana obtained under the authority of my Designated-Person Production Licence(s).[/*]

Section D: Attestation

I, the undersigned, attest that the information provided in this form is correct and complete.

Signature of Licence/Authorization Holder

Date

Privacy Notice

Collection and use of personal information in this attestation is in accordance with the federal Privacy Act.

The personal information you provide is collected under the authority of section 259.3 of the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations for the purpose of assessing compliance with the obligation to 1) destroy marijuana obtained under the MMAR and 2) notify Health Canada of the required information. This collection of personal information is described in Info Source under the Personal Information Bank (PIB) PPU 073. Personal information may be disclosed to law enforcement agencies for compliance and enforcement purposes. In some cases, information may also be disclosed without your consent for purposes not outlined in this Privacy Notice, pursuant to subsection 8(2) of the Privacy Act.

The Privacy Act gives you the rights of access to, correction of and protection of your personal information. For further information about this Privacy Notice please contact Health Canada's Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator. A list of all ATIP Coordinators across the federal government is available at http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/atip-aiprp/.../index-eng.asp.

Thumbs Up/Down

The Province

Federal changes preventing medical marijuana growing unconstitutional, B.C. court hears

BY JAMES KELLER, THE CANADIAN PRESS MARCH 18, 2014

A lawyer told Federal Court the new regulations are expected to cause prices to rise and some
    patients have found that specific strains that work for them would no longer be available.
    Photograph by: Elaine Thompson , AP

VANCOUVER — Changes to the medical marijuana program that will force patients to stop growing their own pot will violate the rights of those who won't be able to afford marijuana under the new system or obtain strains that work for them, their lawyer told Federal Court on Tuesday.

More than a decade after a landmark court case forced Ottawa to legalize medical marijuana, a group of patients were in Federal Court on Tuesday asking a judge to temporarily block new regulations that will limit production to approved commercial growers.

As of April 1, patients currently licensed to grow or possess medical marijuana under the old system will be breaking the law unless they dismantle their grow-ops and destroy their plants and seeds.

The patients' lawyer, John Conroy, urged the judge to issue an injunction to allow those patients to continue growing and possessing marijuana under the old regulations until their legal challenge goes to trial.

He argued the law will deprive the patients of their right to access important medicine, and he pointed to the federal government's own research that concludes medical marijuana prices are expected to initially increase when the new rules take effect.

"The legislation not only doesn't address the poor or those who can't afford (marijuana under the new system), but it takes away the right to produce completely," Conroy told the court.

"The government ... has come up with a scheme that doesn't create a supply to everyone and expects those who can't afford it to wait and see what happens over time instead of preserving the constitutional rights of the patients."

Dozens of people filled the public gallery, including patients and medical marijuana advocates, some of whom could be seen smoking pot outside before the hearing started. The distinct smell of marijuana hung in the courtroom as lawyers presented their arguments.

The federal government first introduced its medical marijuana regulations in 2001, a year after an Ontario court found the law violated the rights of sick people who used pot to alleviate their ailments.

The number of people authorized to possess — and often grow — marijuana has increased to 37,000 this year from fewer than 100 in 2001.

The Conservative government announced a significant overhaul of the system last year and has since been accepting applications from commercial growers.

The federal government has defended the new regulations by arguing home grow-ops pose numerous hazards, including mould, fire, toxic chemicals and the threat of home invasion by criminals.

Conroy told the court the federal government has presented little evidence to show medical marijuana growers represent a significant risk to the public.

He said the government is instead relying on anecdotes from police. Even then, Conroy said the government has identified only a few hundred problem cases out of tens of thousands of medical marijuana licences.

"We don't dispute for a minute that there is abuse," said Conroy. "We just say that the abuses and the abusers shouldn't be allowed to prejudice the legitimate users."

Jan Brongers, a lawyer for the federal government, said there is no constitutional right to subsidized medicine. He rejected the patients' claims that medical marijuana will be out of reach under the new regime.

"It will ensure that when this court actually conducts a trial, it can do so with the benefit of evidence of months worth of practical experience."

Health Canada has said anyone licensed to grow under the current rules must sign a form by April 30 confirming they have stopped growing and have destroyed their plants. The department has warned that anyone who doesn't comply will be reported to police.

The patients' lawyer also asked for an injunction that would prevent Health Canada from following through on that threat.

The judge said he expects to rule on the injunction application by Friday.

A trial date has not been set. Brongers said a trial would likely be scheduled for early next year, though the judge suggested the case may be heard earlier than that.
    Just received the following email from Jason Wilcox Today at 11:37 AM

FORMAL NOTICE "NO" COURT TODAY

Judge will give his decision to counsel and will be posted on social media!

This is from John W Conroy QC himself.

Thanks

--

Sincerely,

Jason Wilcox

Co-Founder/Director

The Cannabis in Canada Society

www.cannabisincanada.org <http://www.cannabisincanada.com/>

www.cannabisincanada@gmail.com

Mobile: 604-562-7731

MMAR PPL/DPL Coalition against Repeal

Founder & BC National Steering Committee Member
    www.mmarcoalitionagainstrepeal.com
    coalitionagainstrepeal@gmail.com
    Click here to donate
    today<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=69VBUTM6WJDSW>

Mobile: 604-562-7731

Face Book Coalition Group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/MMAR...AgainstRepeal/

Vancouver, B.C.

*Contact me on Skype* Jason.Wilcox39

Thumbs Up/Down

It's all good now Medpot thank you.

I'm still not clear on if HC is planning on sending out letters as I have not received one.
    In the end if I send in this document it would be a true statement because I have not obtained anything as a result of my permits...I had it all years earlier.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey Medpot...I just read some of the material in the links you provided and have my answer.

Thanks for keeping us updated, you're a valuable resource for those of us actively fighting.

Once a month or so I go off all pain meds completely so I can get a true assessment of how my old body is really feeling. This week I've been a little distracted with that and taking care of Mamma (wife) so I'm a little slow on the uptake right now.

Peace Bro

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default We got the Injunction!!

The Province

Just received the following by email
    Today at 3:06 PM

================================================== ========================

I am pleased to report that the Federal Court, Mr.Justice Manson, today has essentially grandfathered all existing MMAR Authorizations to Possess with Personal Production Licences and/or Designated Growers until trial, but the possession limit is 150 gms. This includes those who were renewed post September 30th but there is no provision for new applicants.

The Order is attached and decision is attached.

http://drugsense.org/temp/OrderXpp.43-44.pdf

John W. Conroy QC
    Conroy & Company
    Barrister & Solicitor
    2459 Pauline Street
    Abbotsford, B.C.
    Canada
    V2S 3S1
    Webpage: www.johnconroy.com http://www.johnconroy.com/
    Email: jconroy@johnconroy.com
    Tel: (604) 852 5110
    Fax: (604)859 3361

Thumbs Up/Down

My last MMAR exemption expired this April 9, so I guess that both my DG and I are okay for now.

The only downer is that I'll only be allowed to half of my prescription under the MMAR, so I guess that many (including myself) will suffer more.

I was at 10gr per day since 2004, so now it's 5.

Better than not getting any injunction I suppose.

Peace,

Marc

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 658/0
    Given: 667/1

Yeah I let my licence expire ,wish I didn't now!
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Thumbs Up/Down

Question...
    My license expires Mar 31st because it was issued after changes, hence HC was saying that it could only license me until that time. Does this mean that I will not be grandfathered in? Seems like a grey zone...

N
    Nohibition

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

At least one judge is brave enough to tell harper that this whole mess is not right. It has some momentum now lets keep the ball rolling and make it outright legal. CO and WA are laughing at everyone else, while they get to reap the benifits of less crime, more tax money for infrastructures and health care..Goodfor him to stand up and speak out about this craziness...K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Eagle View Post
    Sorry to hear my friend.

Peace,

Marc

Thumbs Up/Down

Question...
    My license expires Mar 31st because it was issued after changes, hence HC was saying that it could only license me until that time. Does this mean that I will not be grandfathered in? Seems like a grey zone...

N
    We're March 21st, your MMAR exemption expires March 31st, and ALL actual valid MMAR exemptions remain valid until the Federal Court decides otherwise.

So what do what do you think nohibition?

You're not in a grey zone my friend...you're still 'grandfathered' and perfectly legal, but none of us will be allowed more than 150 grams per month - or 5 grams per day.

Marc

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Eagle View Post
    You know CE you could claim that your decision was based on a law that is now being challenged. If you had been aware that your license may have been renewed you would have renewed it.

Marc thank you for the setting me straight. I guess it's the cynical attitude I have developed re:Harper.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Congratulations to everyone who has their paperwork in place.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast