Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I think Conroy will be the first to know. As for Harpers bunch...good question.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

Quote Originally Posted by airedog View Post
    I'll take fan leaves off while wet, but sugar leaves come off dry. For me, my efforts to make hash from wet trim are always far less than when i use dry. That's the major reason i don't use my TrimPro as much as i thought i would.

The 'scissor hash' from the TrimPro is truly outstanding though.

LOL I was being facetious. I love to trim wet, not me the plant that is. The scissor hash is a great reason alone. I will take the trim and dump it into my freezer right away then I make my bubble hash from the frozen (loosely in bags) trim, that IMHO makes the best bubble ever.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Finally Resting In Peace medpot's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 28/0
    Given: 5/0

Default Canada appealed the Allard injunction

https://www.facebook.com/kirk.tousaw...52328548277838

Kirk Tousaw

Canada appealed the Allard injunction. The appeal was filed March 31, 2014. It was within the 10 day deadline for appeals from "interlocutory judgments". Canada claims that the judge erred in both law and fact. John Conroy has 10 days to file an appearance and then I expect that a briefing schedule will be set and dates for the hearing confirmed.

I don't have a guess on timing. Obviously due to plant growth cycles this leaves a lot of sick people in limbo as to whether they would be able to finish another cycle and even if so whether they would be permitted to keep any medicine produced.

I expect (though can't confirm) that John will cross-appeal on various issues such as mandamus compelling the Minister to process new applications and address changes and the 150g hard cap on possession.

Appeals are hard to win because of the deference given to trial judges on factual issues. But a constitutional exemption covering 30,000 people is a very unusual remedy. I can't predict how the appeal will go.

Ultimately the real question is this: when will our government finally end cannabis prohibition so that we can take patients off the front lines of the misguided failed and dangerous war on drugs?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The appeal was to be expected. It's part of the legal game.

I kept telling people not to call the injunction a "win", but no, people who've never dealt with the legal system seem to think that any decision in their favour is a "win" and can't be appealed. Trust me, no matter what Conroy wins in court, the government will appeal the rulings until the bitter end.

It's going to be a couple of years before there is a clear winner and loser.

In the meantime, if you're going to panic at every setback along the way, you may as well rip up your garden now 'cause you'll never feel safe enough for long enough to get a harvest in during the proceedings of the next two years.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by groo View Post
    The appeal was to be expected. It's part of the legal game.

I kept telling people not to call the injunction a "win", but no, people who've never dealt with the legal system seem to think that any decision in their favour is a "win" and can't be appealed. Trust me, no matter what Conroy wins in court, the government will appeal the rulings until the bitter end.

It's going to be a couple of years before there is a clear winner and loser.

In the meantime, if you're going to panic at every setback along the way, you may as well rip up your garden now 'cause you'll never feel safe enough for long enough to get a harvest in during the proceedings of the next two years.
    groo said: It's going to be a couple of years before there is a clear winner and loser.
    The next federal election is in 18 months from now (Oct 2015), so in the meantime, they'll try to do the most damage they can to our right to life.

I'm afraid that if we want to get rid of Harper's government before, the opposition will have to reunite and fire them.

It has been done before, and it can happen again.

Marc

Thumbs Up/Down

Default 'Hellth' Canada now has way more than the Injunction to worry about!

Hi my Friends!

Federal Court Justice Michael L. Phelan lifts stay for 125 Federal Court motions against 'Hellth' Canada's MMAR and the MMPR!

John Conroy's injunction did not prevent the MMAR from being terminated on March 31st, 2014.

His injunction is suppose to keep the rights of some former MMAR patients and growers, but under the MMPR...as there is no more MMAR - apparently

But now, since the MMAR can be challenged at the Federal Court by these 125 plaintiffs, these regulations did not expire after March 31st, 2014, so there may be no need for an injunction - for now.

'Hellth' Canada will surely appeal the decision of Federal Court Justice Michael L. Phelan at the Federal Court of Appeal in the next 10 days, and the plaintiffs will have an other 10 days to reply to their appeal.

Unless HC wins it's appeal, all those who still had valid MMAR exemptions (even after March 31st, 2014) should still be protected without the need of an injunction - until at least there is a final Federal Court decision.

Now, 'Hellth' Canada has to deal with 125 separate Federal Court motions against the MMAR...at a $2.00 fee for each plaintiff!

Poor 'Hellth' Canada...their turn to be stressed I suppose!

The most stressful job in Canada must now be working as a Crown lawyer for 'Hellth' Canada!

They should have listened and cared about the concerns and needs of patients during their consultation last year - instead of ignoring them.

Too late!

Marc

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

So where do we stand right now, exactly? I have been unwell for a while and haven't been able to keep up with the rule changes and all that has been happening so I'm just getting caught up now. What are the chances of getting a crop started and finished without HC pulling some shit? Is it worth the time and money to attempt a summer crop? What about them wanting us to destroy our existing meds? That's changed and there's no need now to send them any form stating you've destroyed your stuff?
    ...doin the things a particle can

Thumbs Up/Down

Default After the Injunction: Catching Up with John Conroy

Cannabis Culture Marijuana Magazine

After the Injunction: Catching Up with John Conroy

By Liz Goode, Cannabis Culture - Friday, April 11 2014

CANNABIS CULTURE - Last month, Canada's Supreme Court granted an injunction against a ban on patient medical marijuana cultivation and designated growers under new federal regulations.

It has been a tumultuous ride for more than 40,000 federally recognized medical marijuana patients, and it doesn't seem like it's going to be over anytime soon.

In June 2013, the Canadian government announced a change to the federal medical marijuana program, ending the Marihuana Medical Access Regulations (MMAR) and stripping patients of their right to grow their own cannabis or designate a grower. Instead, the new system, the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR), would give them only one option: buy mail-order dried marijuana from unknown, large-scale operations known as the Licensed Producers (LP).

As the deadline to the transition loomed over the heads of many concerned and confused patients, BC lawyer John Conroy and the Allard vs. HMTQ injunction stepped in, successfully stalling the ban on patient cultivation days before the planned switch over on April 1, 2014.

The delay took a tremendous burden off of the shoulders of many individuals already fighting to stay standing tall while living with illness. But it left them with new questions and uncertainties about what the future holds for their medicine, and for themselves.

Who is Covered Under the Injunction?

"It was clear to me and the government lawyer that if you have a constitutional challenge and you affect the rights of one, you affect the rights of all," John Conroy told Cannabis Culture. "There is no doubt in my mind it applies to all."

This is a position supported by a stay of proceedings in 25 other related cases in anticipation of the results of Allard vs. HMTQ. Days after Conroy's success at the federal level, lawyer Kirk Tousaw appeared in BC Supreme Court on behalf of three patients to launch another constitutional challenge against the MMPR. The case was immediately stayed, pending the Crown's decision on Conroy's case.

"I am very pleased," Tousaw wrote on social media. "[W]e were able to box in the government and confirm that the Allard injunction applies to more than just the individual plaintiffs in the case."

How does Health Canada Interpret the Ruling?

The injunction ruling was initially understood by counsel, patients and the general public as allowing anyone who had personal possession, production or designated grower licenses on September 30, 2013 to continue carrying, cultivating or providing medicinal cannabis. But before the relief could set in, Health Canada put its foot down on any celebrations, placing themselves clearly on the opposite side of those concerned with patient rights.

On April 2, "Health Canada put their opinion with respect to the Order on their webpage," Conroy said. "It appears that only patients with a 'current' Authorization to Possess on March 21, 2014, the date of the order, are covered for possession even if they had valid production licenses as of September 30, 2013. We will either go back to the judge or cross appeal on this issue."

"In the interim," he advises, "it is my opinion that their 'possession' can be covered by obtaining authorization from a doctor under regulation 53 of the Narcotics Control Regulations."

How is Personal Possession Affected By the Injunction?

The new MMPR restricts personal possession to 150 grams at one time, and this is not reversed by the injunction. Conroy says that "the possession limit for your over 5 grams a day person is going to be over 150 grams under the MMAR, but now you're limited to a maximum of 150 grams that you can have on your person when you're out and about [under the MMPR]."

Can You Still Apply for a New Personal Production License?

Hopeful applicants are out of luck. No new personal production licenses will be issued in the future.

Going forward, people who want to join the federal medical marijuana program "have to go to a doctor and get a medical document under the MMPR, and then see if they can afford [cannabis] from a Licensed Producer" says Conroy.

He encourages interested individuals to try out the products offered by licensed producers "even if they just do it on a one time basis to check it out. Then we'll have some history, some evidence of just how that process is working or not working."

What Happens to MMAR Patients Covered Under the Injunction If They Sign Up with a Licensed Producer?

"Unfortunately, there are a number of people whose designated grower quit or the landlord said no more or these sorts of things and so they're in this awkward sort of situation where they can't really make any amendments or move forward," Conroy said.

"I would certainly encourage anybody who is stuck in that situation to try and register with an LP and test out their product.

You don't have to sign up for the rest of your time with them. I think you do have to hand in your original document to do it, so make sure you keep a certified copy."

Leading up to the MMPR, some patients were reluctant to register with an LP because they didn't want to hand in their Authorization to Possess. It turned out to be a good hand to play, because at least for now, those patients are again covered by their paperwork, as long as it was valid on March 21, 2014. Like many things in this transition period, a little bit of time can make a lot of difference. Besides, the authorization document will still allow patients to register with the LPs into 2015.

What About Changing Your Production Site Address?

"I'm sorry. You can't move your site at this point" reports Conroy. "People have to remember that this is an interim, or an interlocutory order, it's not a trial order. Hopefully at trial, we'll be able to get a decision that covers this problem. I know [these patients and growers] are stuck in the middle at the moment. We may have to try to do something different for them."

What Happens Next?

"There's no cookie cutter for this sort of thing," Conroy said. "It will depend on what the judge's decision is. Is it just a question of law, or is it a question of fact? These sorts of things matter in terms of the jurisdiction."

Depending on how it plays out, the crown or the defense has the option to appeal at the Federal Court of Appeals. From there, either party can ask the Supreme Court of Canada to grant leave, and if approved, Allard vs. HMTQ will be heard at that highest level of authority.

The timing is good. With the 2015 federal elections fast approaching, this is a great opportunity for patients and their supporters to bring the issues surrounding safe and affordable access to medicinal cannabis to the forefront of public and political discussions. But more than that, this is a chance to give voice to the idea that marijuana is a legitimate medicine, and put to rest once and for all the idea that patients are just people looking to get high on the weekend.

"I have received so many emails, phone calls and letters just describing how this has been effective for so many people," recounts Conroy. "People with serious brain damage from various accidents, people living with chronic pain. It's mind blowing, the extent to which they've been able to get off of other narcotics, other types of medications, and the degree to which their families can't believe that they've suddenly got somebody back who was almost a vegetable. These are really incredible stories."

"We've got patients now who are willing to come out and talk and tell people their stories and this is fundamentally important.

You know, it's one thing to listen to a lawyer go on and on about the law and stuff. It's not worth that much, compared to a genuine story from a patient."

To stay updated on Allard vs. HTMQ case, visit John Conroy's website.

Thumbs Up/Down

Is there anything official that could be shown to a property owner that states anyone with a valid license right now can still grow? I'm another stuck having the property owner say 'no more' until there's something in writing. Noone wants to take any chances these days. I've been looking around but can't find what I'm looking for (if it exists).

Thumbs Up/Down

HC MM recall

How convenient for the talking heads that an LP be in BC have quality issues. I wonder how long it will take the government lawyers to set a precedent...

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall...39183a-eng.php

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2014/0...known-reasons/

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Now.. if I screw up and ruin a jar of bud with mold (for example) then I take the hit and dispose of it properly and without hesitation.

If corporate profits allow it to just get shipped off to someone who may soon be dead and who's complaints can be brushed off as just being stoned..

I guess another way of saying the above is: why did it take an inspection to find issues, is this company not responsible enough to grow flowers safely? Teenagers can do it.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 367/0
    Given: 254/0

This is just more fuel for the weed haters, Conservative Government, and media to exploit.
    I wish it was bong time

I'm up to 15 strains, and lovin' it:

1. Black Diamond OG Kush
    2. Cannatonic
    3. Purple Kush
    . Hippie Headband (2 phenotypes but not sure what to label them)
    5. Skunk Berry (both Skunk and Blueberry phenotypes)
    6. LA Confidential
    7. OG Kush
    8. Rockstar
    9. OG Ghost Train x Haze #1
    10. Sunshine Daydream
    11. Temple
    12. Pure Kush X Uzbek Hash
    13. C99
    14. Purps
    15. Rockstar Kush

Thumbs Up/Down

I'm thinking that HC inspections are probably increased because of the injunction, looking to bolster their case. Find something, negative press yada yada.
    Stay tuned folks for the next exciting developement...

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

Someone at MedPot cited batch number PK-10-20-13. To me, that would seem to imply MMJ produced well before the LPs were supposed to be growing.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

Kinda makes you wonder what HC would have done if they could have cited 3 such incidents with PPL or DPL holders, in the space of 3 weeks?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/0
    Given: 1/0

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marihuana/index-eng.php
    for those looking for an official link.

highlights:
    As a result of ongoing litigation and uncertainty arising from court decisions, Health Canada will treat the following Authorizations to Possess, Personal-Use Production Licences, and Designated-Person Production Licences as extending beyond March 31, 2014 until a decision in Allard is rendered. As per the Federal Court interim injunction, the following criteria must be met:
    •Individuals must have held a valid Authorizations to Possess under the MMAR on March 21, 2014.
    •Individuals must have held a valid Personal-Use Production Licence or Designated-Person Production Licence under the MMAR on, or after, September 30, 2013, where there is also an associated valid ATP as of March 21, 2014.
    Currently hording the following elite genetics;

Grape Escape x Afghani Kush, Iranian Land Race x Pre-98 Bubba Kush, Florida Skunk Ape x Purple Kush, Green Crack BX, Grape Escape x Green Crack.
    Tranquil Elephantizer, Blue Dream Lotus, Orange SunShine.
    OG Ghost Train haze #1.
    Blue Cheese.
    MK Ultra, The Hog, Wreckage.
    Nevilles Haze, Critical Mass, SSH, Black Widow, Shark Shock, Medicine Man, G13 Widow, Ortega, Angels Breath.
    Petrolia Head Stash, Willie Nelson, Golden Temple Kush.

Thumbs Up/Down

I've been hearing that there is some way to change grow locations... anyone have any info on that?

Vegetative Member Provisionseeds's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 566/0
    Given: 103/0

Quote Originally Posted by ParticleMan View Post
    I've been hearing that there is some way to change grow locations... anyone have any info on that?

From my understanding is that a cross appeal was submitted for that. I havnt myself heard of anything more.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up/Down

I PMed Medpot a couple of days ago. He seems to be the best source of accurate info but I haven't heard back.

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

I'm kind of stuck trying to convince the property owner that it's still legal. The other person I share the space with wants to move somewhere else but I haven't seen any official word that it's ok to do so. How could it even be possible if they're not accepting paperwork anymore? This whole system is so messed up... glad something is finally happening. Hope it's something good, but I'm not exactly full of hope at this point.

Vegetative Member Provisionseeds's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 566/0
    Given: 103/0

Quote Originally Posted by ParticleMan View Post
    I'm kind of stuck trying to convince the property owner that it's still legal. The other person I share the space with wants to move somewhere else but I haven't seen any official word that it's ok to do so. How could it even be possible if they're not accepting paperwork anymore? This whole system is so messed up... glad something is finally happening. Hope it's something good.
    Theres a link that was posted on here from HC website which states the requirements. Maybe you can show that to them.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up/Down

As far as moving your grow, you can't. HC is out of it now and they were the the ones who issued your permits so it appears your only option is to stay put. You can go to Conroys site, everything is there in pdf format or just show your landlord the site.

http://www.johnconroy.com/index.htm

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

I found it PM...right from the horses mouth. This should reassure your landlord.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marihuana/index-eng.php

N
    Nohibition

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456