Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 7/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Question New Mandatory Minimums?

Who can tell me what's up with this? I have tried searching endlessly but can not find any factual information on what's what. Let's say someone grows 2 or 3 or 4 plants for personal use stricly. Under the new mmpr you can not, what would happen if they were to be caught?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

I have previously heard that they kick in at 6 plants and give you 6 months (5 are still illegal but no mandatory minimum).

If someone has better information please step in and elaborate or correct me
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

What I know of it is that if your growing 6 plants then the courts give you a go to jail card. No pass go and dont collect $100 on the way. Makes it so that the judges cant take into consideration of family status, First Charges and past history. 5 and under then they can do other things like fines, Jail time too if your a repeat offender, Just take your plants and give a warning. You have a chance to plead in court to the judge stating if it is only personal meds that you work shit like that. The new mandatory systems are geared to lock up anyone who tries to make any money off of pot especially comercial operations. But I think thy suck, What if your an outdoor only grower who relys on their yeilds to supply them for the year and have a short season to boot. 5 plants just is not gonna cut it in my eye's If we have to settle for mandatory limits then I think 10-15 plants per person more reasonable.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The catch to the mandatory minimums is they are "with intent to distribute." There have already been people caught with far, far more than six plants that the minimum jail time terms weren't applied to because they were growing for their own use and there was no evidence that they had any intent to distribute the products of their gardens.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

That depends what they consider proof of intent, often it's pretty flimsy circumstantial coincidence.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

You mean like intent being based on the size of your stash?

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 308/1
    Given: 63/0

Im pretty sure out west provincial courts just threw out the manditory sentences and now it will probally go to the supreme court after appeal is filed i believe it was in high times or cannibis culture or somethine maybe in a news paper haha

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 7/0

That's what I was thinking. A major point is that they must prove "intent to traffic". Then let's say you are completely, truly using it for yourself and not a single soul knows. Grown under your bed by you, trimmed under your bed by you, smoked under your bed by you. (UNDER 4 plants, maybe 2, maybe 1, maybe 3. Plus you are a MMAR+ATP+GROW, and MMPR card(s) holder.) Hypothetically speaking, for some miraculous reason you get caught, jail time would NOT be involved? I also do not want any problems going to the people I am with, it is strictly for me, for blame going strictly to me? It is my constitutional right, some big organization can grow it and give it to me, but i can not grow my own CLEANER, BETTER medicine? I would pay the fine, but I can not do jail. As of yet, I am not going to do anything, but this is something that has been floating in the back of my mind, and I would really like to solve it.

The link you provided was interesting, but that guy was already in deep water before they were caught.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

yeah but if it get deemed against our rights they would have to amend the law because it would become a precedent and would be used by every defense lawyer which is why it will be appealed
    Last edited by Shadimar; 03-09-2014 at 07:14 PM. Reason: -> precedent

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

A major point is that they must prove "intent to traffic". Then let's say you are completely, truly using it for yourself and not a single soul knows. Grown under your bed by you, trimmed under your bed by you, smoked under your bed by you. (UNDER 4 plants, maybe 2, maybe 1, maybe 3. Plus you are a MMAR+ATP+GROW, and MMPR card(s) holder.)
    In my opinion. Everyone, in Harper's Canuckistan, needs to know and understand the risks involved. Then they need to make up their mind what course of action to follow and Shut the f**k up about it (unless of course they've chosen to be a test case).

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Bottom Line if your Canadian and want to grow your own plants not wanting to buy from approved companies. Be it one plant or 50, You should always be prepared for the worse and accept jail time. One day we can all grow on our front lawns with no worry's and strife, Not while Harper is pretending to run our country. Just the way it is man I know it sucks but if you go to court and the judge has a bad day he could crucify you if he wants. Keep that in mind always, it is against the law. K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Ex-Slave State, deep in the heart of Dixie!
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/0
    Given: 17/1

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    Bottom Line if your Canadian and want to grow your own plants not wanting to buy from approved companies. Be it one plant or 50, You should always be prepared for the worse and accept jail time. One day we can all grow on our front lawns with no worry's and strife, Not while Harper is pretending to run our country. Just the way it is man I know it sucks but if you go to court and the judge has a bad day he could crucify you if he wants. Keep that in mind always, it is against the law. K.I.M.
    Your post reminded me of a cool show called Baretta. I loved watching it when I was a kid. It starred Robert Blake as a street savvy cop. Sammy Davis Jr. did the song and it had an intro verse that said, "don't do the crime if you can't do the time, yeah, don't do it." Some people will do, or give anyone anything for money. I've personally witnessed a room full of cancer patients being given way too much chemo, and most die very quickly, but their doctors are worry free as a bird, taking expensive golfing tours on big pharma's dime, which they stole from the tax payers.

The little guys are suffering from the diseases of corruption in high places. I've gotten used to it, and learned to deal with it, because it's not going away. We should be vigilant, and enjoy good karma that flows freely from keeping our kids safe. If they're not sick, then let them abstain until their brains have developed, because they're gonna have to deal with more corruption and bullshit than our generation has. If the human race could find ways to keep dealers from giving or selling drugs to kids, the laws wouldn't be so ridiculous.
    Live and let live.

Ex-Slave State, deep in the heart of Dixie!
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/0
    Given: 17/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post

The modern definition of crime is far from correct. I always believed, and I still do believe that a real crime involves a victim. How can our fellow citizens and politicians allow ridiculous laws to stand, laws which portray decent men as criminals for attempting to practice the art of healing? How is it a crime to grow or possess a medical vegetable, one that's used to treat ailments and relieve suffering? Doctors no longer have the capacity to heal, they poorly treat symptoms with over priced patented petrol based chemicals. Is this a system of tyranny and insanity? Laws forbidding man to treat himself are rooted in the stench of corruption in high places. Through incrementalism, and spiritual castration, doctors have lost their souls, potency, and their powers to heal, and most of them no longer even comprehend medicine as a healing art. Isn't it crazy that pot heads are more in tune with healing?

This was quoted by Dr. Benjamin Rush in 1789, he was a signer of the Declaration of Independence.

“Unless we put medical freedom into the Constitution, the time will come
    when medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship to restrict
    the art of healing to one class of Men and deny equal privileges to
    others; the Constitution of the Republic should make a Special
    privilege for medical freedoms as well as religious freedom.”

Undercover dictatorship? The founding fathers were prophetic in their writings. For some reason or another, medicine and money were both left out of the US Constitution. Thus we see the Petrol Corporations created the Pharmaceutical and Medical Cartel/Dictatorship. Are our privileges to heal ourselves being denied? The Fed Reserve act passed in 1913, and the prohibition of cannabis in 1937.

Thomas Jefferson had this to say about banks.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.

Prophetic indeed.
    Live and let live.