Thread: please help

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default please help

here is the deal im broke ass hell..and time for transplanting..i need to make my own soil for my autos to finish up..i have very good dark and rich soil..that we have been planting in for years..no clay at all ..the question what can i add to it to make it drain better and work to finish up my autos ..i heard adding sand helps with drainage ..i have about 5 gallons of perlite to add .my pots i will be transplanting in are 2 and 1/2 gallon pots so i need around 17 gallons of dirt..please what can i add to my soil to make it drain better ..thinking of adding coffee grounds egg shells maybe some mulch ill be watering with schultz 10-15-10 than flower with fox farm beastie bloomz 0-50-30 can any1 help this broke ass gardener imm really depending on these autos to get me some meds..this weather is killing my bones and cant afford to loose these plants.peace..
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Flowering Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 0/0

Sand,perlite and vermiculite all work great just watch the dust on vermiculite and perlite. The sand probably should be clean or sometimes you get some awful weed seeds. Jerry

Flowering Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 0/0

I was just thinking it might help to double pot so you are watering more in the lower pots. Jerry

Thumbs Up/Down

what do you mean double pot watering in lower pots? and say 5 gallons of dirt how much sand should i add to it?

Thumbs Up/Down

i googled it getting lazy in my old days..is there anything else i can add to my soil to make it dran better?or add to it to give it some life?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 658/0
    Given: 667/1

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Perlite will loosen up the soil and make it drain really good!
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 825/0
    Given: 904/1

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

if you are already using good rich dirt, you can use earth worm casing and there are many things you can add and go organic. good luck bro, you might end up making some super soil. lol good luck bro

Epic Genetics

if your soil is already rich avoid the worm poop as you dont need nor want N toxicity, the worm poop will only add to your already rich soil

stick with perlite only and watch/read your plants for what they may or may not need later on

and dont add vermiculite as it holds water, which your soil is already going to do

peace

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 825/0
    Given: 904/1

Quote Originally Posted by samhigh View Post
    if you are already using good rich dirt, you can use earth worm casing and there are many things you can add and go organic. good luck bro, you might end up making some super soil. lol good luck bro
    sorry jam i forgot the were autos, but you can still make an organic bloom soil

Thumbs Up/Down

thanks every1 just found out are little recycle center where we take are trash makes compost and its free ill mix some of that with my dirt along with perlite wish me luck.. was reading an artical about these hempy buckets thats suppose to grow hydroponics with out pumps and such just add perlite and vermiculite to a 3 gallon bucket with a hole about 2 inches from the bottom and that got me thinking may go that rout ..will see

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    thanks every1 just found out are little recycle center where we take are trash makes compost and its free ill mix some of that with my dirt along with perlite wish me luck.. was reading an artical about these hempy buckets thats suppose to grow hydroponics with out pumps and such just add perlite and vermiculite to a 3 gallon bucket with a hole about 2 inches from the bottom and that got me thinking may go that rout ..will see
    yes, its a form of passive hydro, some clown named hempy (online name only i hope) tried claiming the method as his own

lol that sounds somewhat familiar

it gives great results, but like everything, it takes some dialing in

peace

Thumbs Up/Down

yep sound familiar wonder where i read that at man that stuff it cheap but i may screw everything up so i want to experiment first after i got to thinking about it..so for now ill go with the compost and dirt..