Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Post Eric Holder Says Kids Won’t Be Able To Toke Up

General Eric Holder said Wednesday that just because states are legalizing marijuana for recreational purposes doesn’t mean minors will be able to roll up a joint.
    “People cannot buy alcohol I guess now until you’re age… age 21, but young people find ways to get alcohol because adults can have access to it,” Holder said before the Senate Judiciary Committee. “I’m not sure that we will see the same thing here given what we have said with regard to our enforcement priorities.”
    His comments came as Colorado and Washington state have been implementing new laws allowing recreational pot. Marijuana remains illegal under federal law, and under questioning, Holder defended the Obama administration’s stance in allowing the states to move forward with their laws while the feds work to make sure the drug doesn’t become available to minors or move across state lines.
    “The distribution of marijuana to minors will… will entail a very vigorous federal response,” Holder said.
    The Department of Justice is expected to unveil new guidelines that might help banks transact with legal marijuana companies, which are increasingly worried about the dangers of operating all-cash businesses.
    Alabama Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions, a member of the committee, lamented President Barack Obama’s recent comments that marijuana isn’t more harmful than alcohol, saying he was “heartbroken” to hear Obama argue that states’ experiments in legalization should go forward. Sessions said the country had previously worked to“create a hostility to drug use” that shouldn’t recede.
    “I think that the use of any drug is potentially harmful,” Holder said of Obama’s comments. “And included in that would be alcohol.”
    Sessions was skeptical. “Well, Lady Gaga says she’s addicted to it and it’s not harmless,” he said.
    Source: Time Magazine (US)
    Author: Maya Rhodan
    Published: January 29, 2014
    Copyright: 2014 Time Inc.

Original Article

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

It's a two-facet piece when it comes to cannabis versus alcohol, really.

For one, alcohol is prohibited for minors and allowed for those of age. Rules are in place and enforced for the purchase and distribution of said drug - rules that likely would be equally followed were cannabis a legal product, however I do concede that tobacco is typically started in early teens (well before legal age) however it contains the most addictive drug yet discovered and cannabis does not. Alcohol causes addiction and physical dependence like its legal cousin tobacco and yet while minors do obtain it, most consumers of alcohol are not suppliers to minors. Cannabis does none of these things.

Cannabis is typically banned for all ages, so if it is equally prohibited for a 60 year old with a terminal illness to posses as it is for someone in their teens then the "Sorry 20 year olds, you have to be 21" bit doesn't ever come up for cannabis.

Second, while I'm sure he can find it hard to imagine, adults that can access both cannabis and alcohol are typically aware of two things: buying alcohol for minors can land you in serious legal trouble whereas buying a bag of pot for the same minor is unlikely to be the same sting; and 2nd, minors can get themselves into serious trouble with alcohol - trouble they would be highly unlikely to find themselves in had they consumed cannabis instead.

Mr. Holder What message are you sending to children by continually allowing these harmful and addictive drugs to remain on the open market when we have a viable alternative not only to these, but also to the narcotics that are sweeping the world such as oxycontin as fentanyl?

If they can use the BS children line then so can I
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Flowering Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 0/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I dont think we should be relying on lady Gaga for our research knowledge Mr. Holder. Jerry

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 7/0

...or Justin MiniPET Trudeau and his mother, for that matter...

http://www.jango.com/profiles/44436821

Epic Genetics

if lady googoo said it then it must be true

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

“Well, Lady Gaga says she’s addicted to it and it’s not harmless,”
    Whoah, whoah!

HOLD ON!

*puts cell phone on head and steak on chest*

Don't you pfs realize that Cannabis kills cancer cells while leaving the rest of the body unharmed? And that hard drug addicts use it to come off their previous substance of choice?

.. and that life is not harmless?

*Politicians For Sale
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 7/0

Salutations,

Quote Originally Posted by TY RSS News View Post
    “Well, Lady Gaga says she’s addicted to it and it’s not harmless,” he said.
    I'm sure Justin MiniPET Trudeau will see this as sufficient comfort for the young son of William Reddie, thinking he can now rely on Lady GaGa for a reasonable explanation as to why his father had to die in Michigan...

http://www.jango.com/profiles/44436821