Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Almost ready to launch

high,
    well I guess the time has arrived to try my hand at this canna-butter stuff.
    I've read all about it, asked questions about it(thanks shadimar), all while awaiting the finish of my plants, they are done and now hanging to dry.
    here is my plan, tell me if it sounds right. I am using all bud, the plants are ak47 and blueberry crosses, the seeds were from joey weed, I am going to use 1/4 oz of very finely ground bud to 1 lb of unsalted butter, going to cook it 24 hrs in a crock pot set on low, then extract all the butter from the mixture and refrigerate, separate the butter from the water and wash the butter again, then hopefully make some betty crocker choc chip and peanut butter cookies and then be one step closer to heaven.(hopefully) as I have never experienced the magic of canna butter.
    one last question, I checked my crock pot and on low setting it will heat up 3qts of water to 180 degrees, is this too hot?
    sorry for the long post, just want to get it right, any suggestions that will help is greatly appreciated.
    p.s.hope it's strong enuf
    thanks
    ''LIVE LIFE LIKE A DOG,SMELL IT,IF YA CAN'T EAT IT OR SCREW IT, JUST PISS ON IT AND WALK AWAY"

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 12/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The ratio of pot to butter seems very low, as one pound of butter will make a lot of cooking at least 3 batches of cookies to 1/4 oz will be way to weak. I would say at least a oz to a pound of butter. I use 20 grams of trim per batch of peanut butter cookies. Slow cooker should be done for six to eight hours not 24 although if you just want sleep maybe the 24 hr would work. If you are using say two pounds of butter melt then add a couple cups of water, then after 8 hrs strain into margarine containers through cheese cloth while warm. Then place in freezer overnight, then pop out of containers as a frozen block you will see a nice light green butter and at the bottom will be the frozen water with all the impurities that has separated while freezing. Now take the frozen block and rinse under cold water, you will see the frozen water melt away and you will be left with a solid puck of wonderful Canna butter. Store in freezer until you want to use.

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

yes I agree with benwire on the ratio, Cut the butter in half or double up the bud. That temperature should be ok dont let it get over 200 degrees. Are you using that much bud because you havent tried it before? Different kind of buzz eating cannabis then smokin it so a little goes a long way when first tryin it. I have had many friends turn green on me having ate too much lol. I like making cannaoil with my trim and small buds, Low temp for a day, I did it for tree days before and it was amazing. But usualy 24hrs is plenty, I want to try it without heat next time just putting the buds into the olive oil and stow it away for a month or so and its supposed to take on the flavors of the pot without the nutty weed taste it always gets when heated. Good luck, dont let it boil and enjoy Im gonna make some myself this weekend. Have fun K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela