Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 346/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sure, hold an expo yourself, just can't be called the Treating Yourself Expo.

Treating Yourself Expo is bankrupt and is going to be gone same as the magazine too. Marco retains ownership of the name, so any attempt to use it without his permission would most likely result in a lawsuit. I have permission to keep the forum going, and possibly bring back the magazine as an online publication.

LT

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Lightly_Toasted View Post
    Sure, hold an expo yourself, just can't be called the Treating Yourself Expo.

Treating Yourself Expo is bankrupt and is going to be gone same as the magazine too. Marco retains ownership of the name, so any attempt to use it without his permission would most likely result in a lawsuit. I have permission to keep the forum going, and possibly bring back the magazine as an online publication.

LT
    Got it now. Thanks. Perhaps one of the other compassion club owners with money will step up and hold it under a different name.

Thumbs Up/Down

That is why nobody can just take it over.

LT

Epic Genetics

well that sucks

peace

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Genetics View Post
    well that sucks

peace
    That it does.

LT

Ex-Slave State, deep in the heart of Dixie!
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/0
    Given: 17/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightly_Toasted View Post
    Mostly he decided to eliminate some of the stress in his day to day operations. It was a easy choice to eliminate the magazine since it has never been profitable.

LT
    Things could be so sweet, if all the North American bureaucratic idiots & fools would only get up off their lazy chicken shit asses and fight for the rights of their constituents to vote; then prohibition could be voted out of existence forever, shot down in flames by the voice of the people. We could then unite in such a way which would help publications like TY to be in great demand, and available thru out the entire continent. We could also put an end to the Mexican border violence with one big vote! Getting high is not a crime; the sword of truth must be wielded to win our freedom & to regain our birth right to safe access. I hope Anslinger & Hearst are rotting together, side by side for all the unnecessary hell they've caused.
    Live and let live.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

That sounds crazy. I just saw on youtube how you guys were having fun at the expo. That's what made me sign up. lol oh well

Vegetative Member Provisionseeds's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 566/0
    Given: 103/0

we're still fun on here, maybe even better then the vid!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Quote Originally Posted by Arboles View Post
    I hope Anslinger & Hearst are rotting together, side by side for all the unnecessary hell they've caused.
    Ansligner was well aware that he was a tool, and a dirty one at that.

He stepped out of his car to look at a field of hemp, just regular ole fibre hemp, and lamented that it was his job to battle a plant.. a weedy one at that which made thousands of seeds and grew to the size of a decades-old tree in only a few months.

He dealt morphine to one of his friends while trying to lock up people he did not happen to know personally - his excuse was that "the communists might discover the addiction and use it to blackmail" the individual. And so he decided to supply a controlled narcotic while yelling "Oogah boogah.. Communism...sharing is evil!".

You can still watch interviews with Hypocrite Harold, chain smoking away and not looking at the camera with his guilty-puppy look so common with those who know they have such a flimsy and transparent lie to tell, but it's their job to spread the fertilizer. Talking about addiction while being hooked on Nicotine, the #1 most addictive drug we've ever found.

One such interview has a bit of historical humour from McCarthyism/Jingoism. He insists that there is a Chinese conspiracy to flood the US with narcotics, given that Harry was apparently not qualified to identify a narcotic from sidewalk chalk it may have simply been rice. The interviewer interrupts him to say "You mean RED China." to which he agrees. I just tend to find a great deal of comedy in the paranoia and colour schemes when you have a Republican, the Red party, trying to scare people by talking about Red countries.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Ex-Slave State, deep in the heart of Dixie!
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/0
    Given: 17/1

History has proven that prohibition entices kids to partake; it's the thrill of going against the grain, and also the establishment that drove me to do things which I never would've done otherwise. If it was legal, it wasn't nearly as fun to the gang; we prided ourselves in being called freaks
    Live and let live.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Ripped Off

Quote Originally Posted by ThePotLawHasFallen.ca View Post
    Hi. What has happened to the magazine and the 2014 Expo? The Expo seemed so successful that it is hard to believe that it isn't goingt o continue.
    I mailed a subscription request to Treating Yourself magazine along with a USPS Money Order back in August as a gift for someone, and found out recently they never got the magazine, so inquired to Treating Yourself. Only then did they mention that the magazine was not running anymore, and they told me no checks had been cashed. So I paid a fee to have the money order tracked, to try and get it back, and just found out today that the people at Treating Yourself HAD cashed it, August 20th. So they blatently lied that they hadn't, and never sent anything for the money they took.

So pissed right now, that seems like fraud, and I'll probably be submitting complaints to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Center. Total bs

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by VT_USA View Post
    I mailed a subscription request to Treating Yourself magazine along with a USPS Money Order back in August as a gift for someone, and found out recently they never got the magazine, so inquired to Treating Yourself. Only then did they mention that the magazine was not running anymore, and they told me no checks had been cashed. So I paid a fee to have the money order tracked, to try and get it back, and just found out today that the people at Treating Yourself HAD cashed it, August 20th. So they blatently lied that they hadn't, and never sent anything for the money they took.

So pissed right now, that seems like fraud, and I'll probably be submitting complaints to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Center. Total bs
    You may what to take it up with them as this is treatingyourself.org forum, not treatingyourself.com magazine.

LT

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 6/0

Just reading through this thread reminds me of our first Cannabis Cup in T.O.(thanks Doc.) Out on a boat in the middle of Lake Ontario. Great meal, some fab folks to hang with an chat an burn.
    The local constabulary sent cruisers out into the lake to watch what we were doing, and of course were waiting at the dock when we got back.
    You've never seen so many dropped bags as people offloaded as they were getting offf the boat.
    The good part is, nobody was nabbed, from my recollection, and I have to think the officers waiting were just there to "clean up" after us

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Lol..

Y'know, that's to these grand ole intarwebs I happen to be an ordained minister.

I would have suggested a quick disposal of all greenery in hydrochloric acid - the human stomach is a good producer of such HCl - followed by an improptu prayer meeting to bless the good men and women of the Toronto Police forces in their dangerous jobs protecting us from ourselves

I'd even go so far as to do a rough calculation as to how much money was spent on the little parade chasing after imagined non-crimes.

I'm sure these particular guys do high-risk weapons raids daily and go after cartels and stuff, right....right?

Guys?
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

Default lots have changed since the begining

I have been buying issues of ty dot com magazine when I would see a new one released. I would pick them up at my local barnes and noble..... I have been searching for a new issue for quite some time and have just learned that they aren't publishing anymore.... that is really sad as there was a lot of really good information and I really enjoyed them.
    they would actually sell out of copies in my area....I will keep my eyes open for a online addition xfingersx'd
    Once in a while you will get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Founder & Publisher of TY Marco Renda's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 2/0

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePotLawHasFallen.ca View Post
    I am really surprised that no one else stepped in to keep the Expo going.
    I'm glad that I attended the previous ones.
    CHAMPS HAS STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE!

5th Annual Treating Yourself Cup + CHAMPS EXPO

Catagory: Best Bud , Best Concentrates , Best Hash and Best Medibles

Limit of 100 Judges for Best Bud...
    100 Judges for Best Concentrates / Hash

Ticket prices are $420 for Bud Catagory , $420 for Concentrate / Hash catagory or you can purchase both for $710 ( Bud + Concentrates )

Tickets go on sale Feb. 14, 2014

VIP Judges Registration Form and Payment must be sent together.

The CHAMPS EXPO will be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and is open to the general public on Saturday May 24 and Sunday May 25, 2014

All those who participate as a judge will recieve a weekend pass for the CHAMPS EXPO

Cup winners will be announce on Sunday May 25, 2014 during the CHAMPS EXPO

If anyone would like to participate in the cup please send email to marco@notjustmarbles.com

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thanks @Marco Renda; for clearing that up!

LT

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 1/0

SOB! I haven't been very active here in awhile and just learned the magazine is no longer a viable entity. I read elsewhere it went broke and came back here and damn it is true. I actually had some extra fun coupons and wanted to buy a year of hard copy. Damn shame. At least I got one Tee shirt and a magazine from Michelle Rainey for writing a letter to a PM on the laws and mandatory prison sentences being wrong before her cancer got to the point that it took her away from us. She may be gone, the magazine may be gone, but I am still in her army...And she does have troops in the USA.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Next Expo

So is there an Expo in 2015 in Toronto or what ?

Thumbs Up/Down

As of now I am unaware of any plans, but I'm sure there will be an announcement when plans are made.

LT

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Not surprised its bankrupt. They stole our money in 2013. A sign of things to come.

Vegetative Member Provisionseeds's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 566/0
    Given: 103/0

From my knowledge, treatingyourself expo is no longer and champs is taking over supposedly but like LT said, time will tell.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Icandy View Post
    Not surprised its bankrupt. They stole our money in 2013. A sign of things to come.
    That was pretty unfortunate, although it was a last minute thing, it could of been handled much better. Now the forum is run and maintained by our members.

LT

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Its too bad. I supported this for many years. I never complained about being mislead and cheated out of many things we should have gotten. They stole our money last year and never offered any support. It was bound to happen when they lie and steal. I will not miss it as it was all going in the wrong direction. Somebody will pick the pieces and carry on, hopefully.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12