Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new project...

Vegetative Member milkcratejukebox's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 59/0
    Given: 1/0

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

a quick update.... after 3 days of darkness, lights come on 12/12...the bud heads are formed already, hopefully i wont have too much further vertical growth, and ill get thickness...the rootballs are now just starting to drop, so i'll have to "ebb N flow" the feeding 3 times a day for a couple more weeks, i never had problems with roots before, but i think i got it fixed, funny tho how things have been goin so far...better pics in a week or so...

a quick pic of the 3rd cycle to come, some Sensi star x Long Bottom Leaf, and some Mikado/f13 x Romul x Herijuana, and a couple g13 x diesel crosses....they are in dirt and as they get bigger ill decide weather or not to keep um in soil or change um to hydro...and 11 cannotonic, probably will only keep one and give the rest away...the second cycle looks pitiful so no pics of that tent just yet...

the Bun Bun project, well, that will be a tale for the campfire....the male died, one of the 2 females i had died, the one remaining is horrible and none of the cuttins made it, so i will chalk this strain up as too much trouble to bother with, sad though...it was a homerun hit...damn...oh well, we move forward...

crate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bud tent week 1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	306.4 KB 
ID:	58473   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3rd cycle a.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	177.5 KB 
ID:	58474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cannotonic.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	58475  
    Last edited by milkcratejukebox; 03-17-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

so let me get this right..just before flower 12 and 12 you leave in darkness for 3 days?
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

yes, i leave them in the dark for 3 solid days, fans still come on and off as usual and i had to go in to feed um in the dark 3 times a day, but on the fourth day, ya notice all the bud heads are there and it almost virtually stops the vertical growth and it saves ya maybe ten days waitin for all that to happen, i been doin it for years if ya check my grow threads.... the 3 days of dark almost immediately change the hormones to start the flower cycle...and i also give them 3 days of dark before i cutum down as well, thats to fatten up the trichome heads....an old hippie sod buster taught me this stuff along time ago....

crate

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

i hope all is well...

i know it's been awhile since i have updated this thread. For that, i apologize. been goin through alot of bullshit with a person about a business that could have been great, but ended up going a different direction, too many questions, not enough answers so, i stepped away from it. In the long run it cost me a friendship, but saved me alot of legal hassles. One thing i found out about this particular business/industry, as far as partnerships go, trust and loyalty is major factor for success. once thats compromised it goes south FAST. this is the 3rd time i have gotten involved with another person involving this "product", and ALL 3 times it failed miserably, and at the cost of a friendship. you guys remember my move to Colorado, that turned out to be a bust, but i learned more about the business/industry, and legal aspects of it as well. each time was a learning curve. now i know what to do. lol so whenever some one approaches you about a fantastic opportunity with regards to cannabis, sit down with this person and watch the movie, Treasure of the Sierra Madre. an old Humpry Bogart movie, then talk about the "Business Adventure"....lol...

ok, Now the update goes as follows...the 3 plants i had in bud, all died in my arms, sad. this is the first time i have ever had problems with my "hydro technique". couldnt get a rootball goin, had water problems, couldnt keep the Ph controlled. it was frustrating as hell. clones diein left and right. 2 cyles went to crap... the ONLY good thing that came of this whole mess was one Dr. Grinspoon cuttin survived, the one that i took, i had to clone right off the plant, i gave it to another TY grower here to try and do something with it. my 3rd cycle is doin ok now only because i switched to soil. I know what your thinkin, Soil?, Crate you suck at soil projects....lol, i got no choice. so far, they are doin great. im using the Michigan based M3 Mix, everything is included, just add water...cant get no simpler than that. from what i can tell, its a variation of a "Super Soil", but its workin...

i think i found the girls in the 3rd cycle, one strain gave me 4 different boys and one girl...that would be the Mikado/F13 x Rom x Herijuana strain, i hope its a potent plant.... the next was 1 boy, 1 girl of the Sensi Star x Long Bottom Leaf strain...and the other was G13 x Strawberry diesel strain, looks like 1 girl, 1 Boy there too. i wont keep any boys this time around because they arent my strains and out of respect to the breeder i wont do any crossin. i know your sayin what difference does it make, who would know? its just something i do. he was generous enough to share his genetics with me, and that kinda of trust and loyalty with me goes along way, i will simply enjoy the gift.

Provisional Seeds was able to get me my long awaited wish list item, to them i thank you very much...and with that new strain i will do some crossin/breedin, only because this particular strain is being discontinued by the breeder. the strain is Mental Floss by Chimera. i been lookin for this strain for sometime, as ironic as the story goes, i got the last 2 packs right before being discontinued, lol..wtf...lol

a pic of the next cycle before i transplant and clone...

Oh Yea, get this... i took a cuttin from my Darkness/Durga Mata cross before it went into bud and eventually died off, and remember i had a male of that as well. i noted that his clone had little pods hangin and opening, but the female was still in veg and as young as he...guess what happened, my babies did it anyways...lol i didnt have any desire to breed this strain out cause it thought i wasnt that good....one day my son finds a branch from that harvest that gave me very little but enough to decide it wasnt worth any further projects...WRONG!!, that bud he found was sticky as hell and it was tasty and potent....but i already threw out the male and his cuttin...damn it!!...Wait a minute, hold up man, the young female now has little seed pods on each branch right at the crotch of each node...LOL, that has never happened to me before, its still in vegg, but producing seeds from the accidental pollinating.... so i havent done anything but let it remain in 18/6, continue to transition to soil from hydro and then i will put it into bud soon. the bud head sites are still there but not formed, so i will be able to harvest seeds before i put it into 12/12....this is awesome, the strain will live on to some extent. The Creator must have known it was worth saving and took things into his own hands to continue his beloved strain and have them breed in spite of my non-involvement....amazing. you can see the seed pods on the main stalk at each node, and the bud head untouched...it is a pretty plant....gonna let it vegg till the seeds are done, and i see a few pods gettin ready to open and spit out the finished bean....

crate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3rd cycle b.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	59239   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darkness-Durga Mata a.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	59240   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darkness-Durga Mata b.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	272.5 KB 
ID:	59241  

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Shit ya crate Ive seen too many to remember relationships get ruined as soon as money gets thrown into the mix. Very hard to find like minded people that you can count on a trust. Sucks I know.
    Im likin your style when It comes to just enjoyin the gifts and not putting them into a breeding cycle. I hope that everything works out for you, I wonder how long the nutrients stay in the soil before it gets washed out? There has to be some kind of limit to it like all mediums. It makes me think, Does it have the time release balls like MG? So overwatering at anytime would cause them to open faster and burn your plants? Dont know about that stuff, Im like using Premium Potting soil. I had three sucessful harvests with it, Its very light and has lots of large and mid sized perlite. Very little of them little nute balls, I like to try to screen them out first. This run Im using a promix/premium soil mix. The promix garden soil with added myco didnt have any perlite in it and the premium has lots like I said above so I mixed it 2 bags of promix to one bag of premium pottin soil and it looks pretty damn good. Im gonna use this mix with my outdoor plants mixing it up with the native soil.
    Hope you get eveything sorted out and get everything back up and runnin right crate..K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

ty K.I.M.,....as far as i can tell, the M3 soil mix is just like Subcools Super Soil, i sifted through it and found no time release items, which leads me to believe its like Subs' Soil...looks like someone got inspired to mix it up and sell it commercially, i made it once, cost me about $275.00 once ya got all the items in the recipe, then 30 days in the sun to cure, bam, ya got Super Soil. it sounds expensive but actually made alot, but it was me screwin up the waterin...too much or not enough, wtf lol... thats why i stayed with Hydro...i will probably just flush the shit outta it when i get ready to contemplate the cut down date when that time comes, but no doubt it will take a ton of water, even then, who knows if ya get it all out, but for now the plants are lovin it. i was even considering when i started to flush to just submerge the entire plant into an 18 gal tote and alllow the dirt to just wash away leaving the now naked rootball to drink just water in a 5 gal bucket... but then thinkin it may need a transition time before it starts to intake water, how long that would take, should only be a couple days but who knows...and would it give me a week or so of flushing to actually acomplish a thorough flush or would that same time frame stress out to the plant in time to "Herm" on me and ruin the buds?

and as far as the Mental Floss, i am lookin for a boy, i got 5 of my own i want to breed it with, Darkness/Durga Mata, Pork Chop, Mind Body and Soul, Skylock, and Exodus..i think addin some Mental Floss to those particular choices would make some real nice strains...i had some Mental Floss in '07 at the HT Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam, and fell in love with it. a nice steady body buzz, no paranoia, as well as a very social weed, doesnt have that Narcotic effect other Indica Dom strains would have...i gave 5 Floss beans to a friend to crack for me, i hope he is successful, dont know how old the seeds could be, but just hopin i get a nice Boy and Girl...

crate
    Last edited by milkcratejukebox; 05-12-2014 at 12:13 AM.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 11/0

Nice setup and sweet plants mate!
    May I please ask where you got the MBS from? I've been keen to grow it since I saw an article on it, it looks real nice and I'd love to find some seeds

Thumbs Up/Down

ty Mosely.... if memory serves me correctly the Mind Body and Soul came from Australia, sent to a member here, i knew this person and he had a nice male and female and backcrossed it after we were told its a rare strain and has many phenos to it, the one i got has a "Creeper" effect to it...and the sweetest smell i have ever seen in a plant hands down. on the plant, the most intense sweet grape smell and when rubbed on the fingertip smells just like fruit stripe gum, the high is very social, but then about 20 minutes after ya enjoy a Fat One, Whamm it creeps up on ya and hits ya hard....now, we cracked 10 beans and 7 made it, no males this time around, all gurlz....they all looked the same, very uniform, but all had different traits, my one friend has one that just stones ya out totally...ya know that type of high, ya roll one up and after awhile come out of a "daze" because ya just dropped the half ya didnt smoke and been hangin on to for who knows how long, that type of buzz...one friend has one of them that is a very energetic buzz, excellent body buzz....unfortunately i only have 6 beans left and i was gonna try and get them cracked to look for a male for a winter time project...i will ask the individual who originally sent us the beans if there is anymore left, and of course if i get a male and backcross it, i will most assuredly give seeds to those who want um.....

Mind Body and Soul can be a pain to grow in hydro, she is a lite eater...but the rewards are more than worthy of the effort. i got her in soil at the moment.

crate
    Last edited by milkcratejukebox; 05-13-2014 at 01:42 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Oh yea, i just got back from visiting Vman and was able to grab some plants he was gettin rid of....Exodus, AK 47, Pork Chop, Sin Mint, Delirium...i may have to get back up there in the morning to grab a few more strains he had kickin around, i'll post some pics of them tomorrow...

crate

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

check some cheese when you're in town crate

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by milkcratejukebox View Post
    ty Mosely.... if memory serves me correctly the Mind Body and Soul came from Australia, sent to a member here, i knew this person and he had a nice male and female and backcrossed it after we were told its a rare strain and has many phenos to it, the one i got has a "Creeper" effect to it...and the sweetest smell i have ever seen in a plant hands down. on the plant, the most intense sweet grape smell and when rubbed on the fingertip smells just like fruit stripe gum, the high is very social, but then about 20 minutes after ya enjoy a Fat One, Whamm it creeps up on ya and hits ya hard....now, we cracked 10 beans and 7 made it, no males this time around, all gurlz....they all looked the same, very uniform, but all had different traits, my one friend has one that just stones ya out totally...ya know that type of high, ya roll one up and after awhile come out of a "daze" because ya just dropped the half ya didnt smoke and been hangin on to for who knows how long, that type of buzz...one friend has one of them that is a very energetic buzz, excellent body buzz....unfortunately i only have 6 beans left and i was gonna try and get them cracked to look for a male for a winter time project...i will ask the individual who originally sent us the beans if there is anymore left, and of course if i get a male and backcross it, i will most assuredly give seeds to those who want um.....

Mind Body and Soul can be a pain to grow in hydro, she is a lite eater...but the rewards are more than worthy of the effort. i got her in soil at the moment.

crate
    Yeah man that would be right hey, Im in Oz myself and been trying to track it down for some time. The stone and smell you describe is exactly what Ive been searching for. Im hoping smokin moose can help me when i get in contact with him! Sounds like you had a great plant in her and yeah, if you do manage to find out where i could get some, I would happily pay for them!
    Cheers for the info mate, i appreciate it. Good luck with your grow, you've got some wicked plants there!

Thumbs Up/Down

Default listening to...The Script - Breakeven...

i hope all is well...

My son had a relapse of his Chron's Disease and had to go in to the Hospital. he was there for about 12 days, just got out today...he's gettin back on track, but will take time....i am so far behind, 6 months to be exact, as you recall, i had 2 cycles go to shit....i got some Killer genetics goin at the moment...in soil, but doin well. i got my gurlz, and gonna transplant them into bigger pots tomorrow, toss out the boys, at this time i got a very handsome Durga Mata male i will hang onto....he is valuable, he has that real psyco/trippy trait to him and anything he pollinates that go 12 weeks, smokin the bud makes ya feel like ya took shrooms...very nice concert/social bud...a definate Drum Circle strain... lol

now, that Darkness/Durga cross took to the soil like a champ, it's still got some beans growin on it... some are changin color lookin like they are gettin ripe, i wonder what will happen when i put her into Bud?....now i have collected some beans off it...this is a possible home run, i got a feelin, so, who wants some of these seeds? PM a safe addy and i will getum to ya...i got a feelin about this plant now. didnt before, but after smokin a bud we found of it that did mature, its killer...

i didnt get a chance to make it to the Expo, tending to my son, i hope all had a great time. to those i didnt get a chance to hook up with there, i apologize but i will see ya soon....

i'll post pics of what i transplant tomorrow....looks like i got females of ....Mikado/Herijuana.....Sensi Star/Long Bottom Leaf.....Darkstar.....Sin Mint.....AK47.....Delirium... and the others that i know are females, Pork Chop...Darkness/Durga.....Skylock.....Mind Body and Soul......Exodus, these 5, i planned to cross with the Durga Mata, when ever i can get these freekin cycles goin..

now that my son is doin better, i can get back on track...

crate
    Last edited by milkcratejukebox; 06-04-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Sorry to hear about your son mate, glad to hear he is doing better
    Cant wait to see your plants man, they sound pretty nice :-D

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Listening to...Boz Scaggs & Duane Allman ~ Loan Me A Dime...

i hope all is well, and to all the fathers, i hope you have a happy day...

ok ...update..they're comin, my son had a follow up appointment with his doc and it went well. so we are still on track. we got a real bad shake up this morn, Pork Chop ate a couple small nugs, now we never ever leave weed about but as accidents happen, a couple nugs got away from someone, usually its always in a jar but nonetheless, couldnt have been more than 1 maybe 2 grams at the most...he wasnt doin well, it felt horrible to see him like that...we rushed him to the vet hospital and had him checked over. they wanted to keep him overnight and give him charcoal and maybe induce vomiting, now, giving the amount i know he ate, i really didnt want to put him through that, if we didnt know how much he ate, we would have let them take him overnight, but the doc agreed and said i could take him home and have him drink water and rest and calm, sleep was the answer, watch for seizures and not eating his own vomit, and thats about what they would do and by the time we got him to the vet 3 hours had passed and you could see he was comin down, so, we took him home, threw the bed spread on the livin room floor, closed the curtain, cuddled up and slept, after about 5 hours he was alot better. now, at this time it would be nice to have them take a wiz and with any hope a dump, drink some water, maybe eat just a little, and a couple more hours sleep, he was back to himself, of course, that was mainly because i knew he only ate a small amount of cannabis, but we just could have been lucky...

...now to remind everyone of the danger of animals and cannabis raw. i know they're is now more exposure to animals taking tincture and with great success, but raw bud is a NO NO, it can cause seizures, convulsions, they have no control of they're motor skills, and they're equilibrium is all out of wack. Pork couldnt do anything it was scary. he kept dribblin pea and he didnt like that, the more he tried to step over his pea, the more came out, confused and disorientated, so i just held him and he calmed down...so if it ever happens to your pet, calm familiar surroundings will be a great start, so ya can get um to the vet.

as far as the plants....lol..oh yea this is a grow forum, yea, wtf Crate... alot of shit been goin on, but we keep movin forward. ii will transplant and take a few cuttins tomorrow and get the pics posted, the girls are way too tall, looks like i got to bend um, fuck, didnt want to be in this position, late trans plantin, and will have to give them at least a 10 to maybe 14 days to acclimate to the bigger vessel, then get um into a 12/12 cycle, like i said, been doin stuff but maybe i can get back on track....got some killer genetics goin at the moment, i chopped down alll the males, including the Durga Mata male, i got some knew strains i want to do, and maybe get a nice stud out of the Mental Floss, thats really what my interest is, for hopefully a Fall/Winter project...

and ya know what...seems like sometime back i asked if anyone has ever come across some Monkey Paw beans
    ...i guess not...
    so how about New Haven? some of you in the Appalachia mountain range, anyone locate Some New Haven, thought maybe Kentucky, Virginny, Tennessee region? i was to believe thats the area of origin... let me know...

so..Same bat time, Same bat channel...i lll get on them pics..

crate
    Last edited by milkcratejukebox; 06-15-2014 at 01:08 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

My cat always steals a fan leaf or five when I'm trimming, she chews the leaf tips and it really has never had any obvious effect. Good to Know Milkcrate. Thanx for the heads-up.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Ya Charlie is always around for a few leafs when I pluck a few here and there to increase air flow and light penatration. He even ate a couple buds that fell to the dryin room floor last harvest without any real adverse effects. Slept a lot and stumbled around a bit but didnt look distressed at all. Hes 98 pounds though so that could have somthing to do with the different results from ole pork chop over there. Im sure am glad that he is ok now though crate, Bet he will think twice about snackin on some bud left on the coffee table. Charlie wont eat them if they are still on the plants though its funny he will always wait till I give it to him first.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 84/0
    Given: 195/0

Quote Originally Posted by milkcratejukebox View Post
    and ya know what...seems like sometime back i asked if anyone has ever come across some Monkey Paw beans
    ...i guess not...

crate
    apparently monkey paw and RM's Willie Nelson are of the same strain,or of the same lineage...never tried neither myself,but sounds and looks like a nice sativa hybrid.
    http://www.medicalmarijuanastrains.com/monkey-paw/
    http://420101.com/willie-nelson
    http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/...fermans_Seeds/

───────▄──█──▄────────
    ───────█─▐█▌─█────────
    ─────▀▄▐▌▐█▌▐▌▄▀──────
    ──────▀▄█▄█▄█▄▀───────
    ───────▄▄▀║▀▄▄────────
    ░░░░░░░░WE░ARE░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░╦░╦╗╔╗╦╔╗╦╗░░░░░░
    ░░░░░║░╠░║╦║║║║║░░░░░░
    ░░░░░╩╝╩╝╚╝╩╚╝╝╚░░░░░░