Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default How do I? Feed and care for my mother plants

I have 2 mother plants from Peak clones.
    1 NL and 1 TS about 10" tall. I want to know about feeding ie: If cloned from 6 wk vegged plant do I feed them them same mix or...

Topping for height issues etc.

Best location to take clones.

Make me smart
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

everyone has their own methods....heres mine.... I've always only given clones water until after they get roots, then a mild dose of ferts to start, "they" say to take clones from the middle of the plant, which I do but I always had a hard time throwing the leader or top away lol
    I grew hydro... hope this helps

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Think of the clones more like seedlings, the nubs have to make roots and if they're getting everything they need where they are then they have no incentive to branch out looking for more nutrients.

As I recycle, I place seedlings and clones in "spent" flowering mix after it has had a few months in a tote. In fact, everything gets this same recycle except the veg and flower plants will have organics mixed in first while the clones and seedlings will get it straight without anything added - they feed on the leftovers.

Remember that when you top, the plant it going to branch out from that point up. Many growers will make the mistake of letting the plant grow up to the height they want and then topping to encourage branching below, which will cause more lower branch growth but the top will still be taking off so you must chose the point at which you desire the plant to branch out - which initially may appear to be low until you see the plant grow. Many growers top of the 4th or 6th node for a bush but you'll get to know your plant and it depends on what you want to happen. You may find that topping later and higher is what you need but don't try that in a short cabinet grow (Yes, I have )

You can take clones anywhere on the plant and have them root. Some people prefer to clone only the top main stem, such as what Mandala seeds does, others take them from the lower branches that would have been cleared away in a lollipoped grow - these branches are soft and pliable and have not yet formed woody (cannabis does not actually make any wood) material and thus are more able to quickly convert into rootmass.

Abracasmarta.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 347/1

This is the method I have used for quite sometime with my mothers, works great for both limited space and average grow rooms.

https://www.treatingyourself.org/vbu...ghlight=bonzai

LT

Thumbs Up/Down

I've used a crosscut saw and retransplanted back into the same pot with fresh mix for a new burst of growth.

Five cuts: one on each side and one on the bottom then plant it back in the pot and water.

If you don't have a saw handy, a sharp kitchen knife or one with teeth will suffice. Just don't tear up the rootball when you do it - you should have a nice clean cube below your plant
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Moved to the appropriate forum section.

LT

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Just to elaborate, the other section is for questions and walkthroughs on forum usage whereas this query is more appropriately answered under this subforum
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

I have 7 (NL&TS) cuttings that had to be moved to 12/12 at 10" (had to happen) and 7 seedlings in veg w/2 mothers.
    Essentially what I need to do is keep them happy and healthy until I can move the seedlings to 12/12 (4 or 5 weeks) and then I will start taking cuttings.
    (Note: the seedlings are orphans that I cracked to try mainlining.)
    So at this point I have no room for new cuttings.
    My nutes came with a feeding schedule that seems to work well so far, I'm not ready to move on from this just yet. So first thing first. Feeding moms.
    I had a tough time getting these clones to take but they are healthy now, nice roots etc. I use GH 3 part in veg cabinet. Up until now I've had a feed and read attitude (feed them and see if I got it right). So based on the type of nutes I use what tips to keep 'em happy for a month. They are in 3 gal pots.Here are pix awhile back they're about 10" now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PK TS clone.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	56727Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peak NL clone.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	550.2 KB 
ID:	56728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peak TS clone.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	56729
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    Just to elaborate, the other section is for questions and walkthroughs on forum usage whereas this query is more appropriately answered under this subforum
    I posted this in the wrong place?
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Sorry, the How-Do-I? made it a bit unclear but that subforum itself was under another subforum called Suggestions, Feedback & Troubleshooting.

It was intended for trouble with forum issues and controls, such as how to use the reputation system or the embedded chat and Instant Messenger & Buddy List.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Sorry, I get all excited and explode, this causes forums to reproduce... I always give them messed up names. I just happened to name that one how-doo-waii! He he... a better name is in the works.

LT

Thumbs Up/Down

Ok so when it's all straightened out someone please send me a map...I'm so confused.
    I either posted in the wrong place or wrongly placed my post in the right place. Mom said I never knew my place. I thought I had it right , as a carpenter I've always known where to place my posts the confusion lies in whether that will support putting my post in the place I put it...ya know what I mean?

Cheer up it won't make any sense tomorrow either.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Just occurred to me...
    if we were all sitting around in the grow smoking some fine weed and I asked "How do I"?, the conversation would be pretty much like this thread

So what do I feed my moms?
    Last edited by nohibition; 11-18-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

LOL now its clear Shad, we were in the wrong Sub-SubForum, right? I can now understand OJ's concern, sorry man, um ....its Shads fault LOL.... jk.... can we get another "how do I" type of subforum somewhere else for questions about anything that may come up, like Roli's wife? Seeing that it was so well received and there are so many wise guys here.
    nohib, your post about your non-bearing posts made perfect sense to this Plumber Millwright lol

Thumbs Up/Down

What would you call a section specifically for this type of mindless fun. Where all things are relative. No specific topic. One original post and let 'er run

So what do I feed my moms?
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Hamburgers.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Generally you would feed them like any other plant. They still need nutrients to live.

LT

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 34/0
    Given: 0/0

Hamburgers.
    I'll gladly poddy you Tuesday for a hamburger toddy..
    9oo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 94/1
    Given: 8/0

mine feeds herself,,,,

(sry,,, just couldn't help it,,,)

I never kept'm,,, but you'd figure,,, feed well,,
    if ya wana take cuts off her all the time,,,,,,
    thats what a mother plant is fore,,, rite?

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Lightly_Toasted View Post
    Generally you would feed them like any other plant. They still need nutrients to live.

LT
    Ok so no special mommy food. Just hamburgers. I knew that.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Don't get me wrong, you don't have to feed them to the max. Just play with it, and figure out the magic mix to keep them alive and growing to your desires.

Me, I'll starve the broads till they put the lotion on the skin LoL!

Basically I start feeding mine more when I want to get ready to take clones.

LT

Thumbs Up/Down

I was thinking of Butters when I said it
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Hamburgers.
    It worked Great idea Shad
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	376497_229376703799163_220719714664862_553370_743394910_n.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	56746
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

if this isn't a serious thread then I will close it.

LT

Thumbs Up/Down

I'm at a loss here
    I started the thread to get info from other members.I did and was appreciative of the help. I also got a bonus,,,some humor. I have no issue with the posts. I am a relatively new member and certainly don't want to alienated myself from you or anyone else LT but I started the thread and it's all cool to me.I appreciate what the issue is. I just thought it would be up to me to complain.

I apologize,it's your house, I didn't understand
    Nohibition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast