Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default My Migraine Medicine Cabinet To Be

I've pretty much narrowed down what I need for the migraines, and selected 3 exemplary varieties to serve those needs through crossing with Hindu-Kush.

My personal regimine for migraine management is hoped to be a perpetual round-robin cycling of:

Sensi Hindu Kush X Peak Northern Lights
    Sensi Hindu Kush X Serious Warlock
    Sensi Hindu Kush F2
    Serious Warlock F2
    Peak Northern Lights F2

Back in Regina for about 2-3 years running, I was getting most of my medication from someone who is a true cannaseur, even more fanatic about strainage, harvest quality, and flavour than I am. The last I heard he's been having some trouble lately, but I'm sure he'll pull through (not legal trouble or anything like that, just family issues.) I miss shopping with him.

Anyhow, the key point is that for a good long while there I didn't have a lot of meds, but what I did have was a good variety of different kushes (because I asked for them when I realized what worked best). So the strains I've selected are not some random choice.

The Sensi Seeds Hindu Kush is providing pure landrace genetics, the one common component of all the kushes that I found most effective for migraine management. It is the *magic plant* for me.

The Serious Seeds Warlock has excellent genetics -- I had always wished I had the money for that, so when a friend gifted me a pack, that just made my medication cabinet all the more complete. Many thanks, buddy!

Last but not least, the Peak Northern Lights provides a robust easy to grow and volume-producing genetic.

With the F2s, that's 5 varieties in my cabinet to be grown out 7-9 at a time and culled to 4-5 for flowering every 3 months.

One thing I *must* point out is that all three strains have a 7-8 week flowering cycle, so I'll be able to mix-and-match the beans in a grow cycle as I see fit.

Whether the Northern Lights F2s or the Warlock F2s get grown out without the Hindu Kush in them remains to be seen. I know the Northern Lights works for migraines, I've had it before, just never grown it. But I've never tried the Warlock. I've read great things about it, and tried a strain that Artisan bred up between Skywalker and Warlock, and I'd found those to be one of the best meds for migraines I'd ever tried, so I have high hopes for the Warlock though it's completely new to me.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I will NOT settle for some generic strainage provided by random grow quality people at inflated prices through the MMP$.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The warlock has always had my attention also. Same deal couldnt spend that much on beans so it has yet to grace my growbox. Gonna keep an eye on this grow of yours. Lookin forward to seein you grow them. Good luck.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

good to see your on your way to supplying your own..i allways get a pleasure to harvest my own meds..not to mention the money i saved..happy growing groo peace brother..
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 92/0
    Given: 95/0

Thanks for elaborating on the hindu kush. Don't hear much about it otherwise. Tried to grow it once but ended up purchasing old seeds. Great that it seems to be especially effective for migrains.