Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 537/2
    Given: 344/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Good Trip to the Hydro Shop

Well made a trip to the hydro shop to grab some soil. Talked with the guys there about my displeasure with how hard promix is to keep stable with the Bio Line from Gen Organics. They convinced me to make a switch to foxfarm ocean forest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131106_170447.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	56440

Also got a freebie as well:

Name:	IMG_20131106_170953.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	237.2 KB 
ID:	56439

Anyone have any thoughts and opinions on the Oregon's Only Nectar For the Gods line of nutrients?

LT
    Last edited by Lightly_Toasted; 11-06-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

thats exactly what i use plants love it..
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Thumbs Up/Down

Foxfarm or nectar of the gods?

LT

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

ocean forest..your plants will love it,,trust me..pretty dam expensive thow
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Thumbs Up/Down

It is pretty close in price compared to the same amount of promix. At the shop I frequent it is 19.95 a bag, both happy frog and ocean forest are the same price per bag.

LT

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

ff ocean forest is the best organic soil i can get a hold of. it done me good in the 2 years i have used it .... i thank your going to like it .... the only thing i thank it lacks in is perlite
    “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
    Sebastian Marincolo

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

The closest hydroshop round here is a 4 & 1/2 hour drive from here. You guys are lucky to have one handy. I never thought that I would miss the local shop in my hometown. The wife wont let me get that stuff delivered here either. Damn in. Oh well at least I can still grow somthing decent with what I can get. Heard good things with that ocean forest, But I also head that it has the exact same ingredients as the other foxfarms brand Cant quite remember the name at the moment. K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

I did find a feed schedule for the nectar of the gods on their site - http://oregonsonly.com/

Name:	nectar_for_the_gods_feeding_schedule.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	56444

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    The closest hydroshop round here is a 4 & 1/2 hour drive from here. You guys are lucky to have one handy. I never thought that I would miss the local shop in my hometown. The wife wont let me get that stuff delivered here either. Damn in. Oh well at least I can still grow somthing decent with what I can get. Heard good things with that ocean forest, But I also head that it has the exact same ingredients as the other foxfarms brand Cant quite remember the name at the moment. K.I.M.
    k.i.m. you talking about happy frog soil?? by FF its not bad but not as good as ocean forest but it can get the job done
    “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
    Sebastian Marincolo

Thumbs Up/Down

Ya that stuff I read in some magazine a while back that they are both made up mostly of sawdust from an old Defunct closed down sawmill thats been closed down for a decade or two. Might be wrong though, Im going to start using this local stuff that Sungro harvests locally round here. its peat from the bogs that surround the area. Good starting point and I got some tips on how to fortify it with adements and the good stuff. Want to see if that would be better than the Wally world stuff that Im stuck using most of the time. Its gotta be eh? K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Is that nectar stuff new? Never heard of it before, Is it affordable? Hope it works out for you LT getting free nutes is a big thing for us in this world of our. Wish I could get some lol. K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

I believe it is relatively new. It seems more to the organic side. If there is any interest in it, I may contact the company.

I will give it a try.

LT

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    Ya that stuff I read in some magazine a while back that they are both made up mostly of sawdust from an old Defunct closed down sawmill thats been closed down for a decade or two. Might be wrong though, Im going to start using this local stuff that Sungro harvests locally round here. its peat from the bogs that surround the area. Good starting point and I got some tips on how to fortify it with adements and the good stuff. Want to see if that would be better than the Wally world stuff that Im stuck using most of the time. Its gotta be eh? K.I.M.
    peat based soiless mediums might be on their way out as the north american supply of peat is fading, seems strange to read that when many of us see it growing wild all over the place, but even pro-mix announced they are going towards a more coco based medium now, including their HP and BX

peace

Thumbs Up/Down

My only gripes about promix is its not organic, don't play well with my nutrient line and kinda inconsistent between bails.

LT

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 825/0
    Given: 904/1

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

ive used the ff ocean forest for a couple yrs now found it at a local feed store 13.99 a bag compared to the hydro stores 19.99. it has some feed in it, bag says you don't need nutes for 30 days so if you add veg nutes early just watch you don't get it to hot.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/0
    Given: 5/0

I too recently visited the local grow store with a great experience. Unkwown to me it was a relaunch party I stumbled upon with distributers talking about newly released products. All the big names were there. However one locally based co. in Denver stole my attention with their coco soilless mix. $10/2cft I've only been able to use so far with some vegtables but its the best mix I've used strait from the bag ever. I'll buy it always now. And as soon as my high winds down ill remember the name and share

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by schmade420 View Post
    I too recently visited the local grow store with a great experience. Unkwown to me it was a relaunch party I stumbled upon with distributers talking about newly released products. All the big names were there. However one locally based co. in Denver stole my attention with their coco soilless mix. $10/2cft I've only been able to use so far with some vegtables but its the best mix I've used strait from the bag ever. I'll buy it always now. And as soon as my high winds down ill remember the name and share
    Gotta love coming in not expecting anything and walking out with freebies. I checked the price on the stuff that was in the box, about a $100 value. Not bad for only spending $40 with my 10% medical discount

LT

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

My one regret in leaving Regina is that I no longer have easy access to a grow shop. (There are two in Regina, both reasonably priced and with very knowledgable and helpful staff.)

We'll see how things go with more "traditional" supplies from Canadian Tire: blacktop soil and manure with some peat added for extra aeration/loosening of the blend. I'm going to try an 8-2-1 ratio mix of the three for starters, and adjust for the next grow based on how things go. I'll pick up some non-organic tomato food before I get planting to use as a supplement in case the initial mix isn't enough to carry things through to harvest (non-organic because the organic stuff won't dissolve in water, while the non-organic I looked at is meant for a watering-feed after you've planted and while plants are growing.)

If you got that entire set of bottles as a "gift" from the shop, you are one lucky dude! I received an Advanced Nutrients nute and supplement kit way back in 2002-2004 here on TY, when I was growing and when AN was a big partner with the site. Man but that had been a big box! Must have cost a *fortune* to ship with all the weighty liquids.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 92/0
    Given: 95/0

The closest hydro shop to me is 2-1/2 hours one way but it has prices that will curl your hair. I drive another hour each way to have a choice of shops where prices are reasonable. I order most stuff online except for larger, heavier items.

Thumbs Up/Down

Yeah, when I lived in town I was 10 mins from 2 grow shops. Where I am now it is about a half hour drive to the place I usually go. Great guys and service there, Homelight Gardens in Bay City, MI. They even carried TY Mag and Glassculture Mag when in print.

This sample box came with 6 32oz bottles and 2 smaller(assuming 8oz) bottles. The one smaller one is a foilar feed. Think I should contact the company and see if they would be interested in having a rep stop by.

LT

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/0
    Given: 5/0

Quote Originally Posted by schmade420 View Post
    So the soilless mix is called High Altitude 60/40. If your a Colorado resident I highly suggest trying this mix out. Time to medicate. Peace

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Every time this thread pops up I can hear Shirley Temple singing the title.

Is it just me or has anyone else had that happen?
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

LMAO Had to pick myself up off the floor

"On the good ship lollypop" as soon as I read your post I visualized her dancing across the
    floor.
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

God *damn* it, Shad! You just *had* to plant that earworm. Now I'm going to be giggling all day at random...
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

There's a Star Trek episode (I suspect it was TNG) where the lines go to the effect of

"What is the name of your ship?"

"The Lollipop. It's a good ship."
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.